PDA

View Full Version : In Memorium

David Cohen
October 5th 04, 01:23 AM
Gordon Cooper, pilot of the final Mercury program flight in to space, died
today at the age of 77.

He pioneered humanity's first steps into the greatest exploration we will
ever conduct. He was a hero.

Rest in peace, Colonel. And, for this last great exploration, please try not
to fall asleep.

Most gratefully,

David

John M. Williams
October 5th 04, 05:06 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote:

>Gordon Cooper, pilot of the final Mercury program flight in to space, died
>today at the age of 77.
>
>He pioneered humanity's first steps into the greatest exploration we will
>ever conduct. He was a hero.
>
>Rest in peace, Colonel. And, for this last great exploration, please try not
>to fall asleep.
>
>Most gratefully,
>
>David

And let us not forget Janet Leigh, who died today at the same age,
immortalized by her screams in "Psycho."

John HUDSON
October 5th 04, 09:36 AM
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 00:06:55 -0400, John M. Williams
> wrote:

>"David Cohen" > wrote:
>
>>Gordon Cooper, pilot of the final Mercury program flight in to space, died
>>today at the age of 77.
>>
>>He pioneered humanity's first steps into the greatest exploration we will
>>ever conduct. He was a hero.
>>
>>Rest in peace, Colonel. And, for this last great exploration, please try not
>>to fall asleep.
>>
>>Most gratefully,
>>
>>David
>
>And let us not forget Janet Leigh, who died today at the same age,
>immortalized by her screams in "Psycho."

She was more importantly perhaps, a very glamorous lady and formed a
most attractive twosome with husband Tony Curtis, producing the
equally delectable Jamie Lee!

Richard Smith
October 5th 04, 09:21 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Gordon Cooper, pilot of the final Mercury program flight in to space, died
> today at the age of 77.
>
> He pioneered humanity's first steps into the greatest exploration we will
> ever conduct. He was a hero.
>
> Rest in peace, Colonel. And, for this last great exploration, please try
not
> to fall asleep.
>
> Most gratefully,
>
> David

"...and on that glorious day, in May 1963, Gordo Cooper went higher, farther
and faster than any other American- 22 complete orbits around the Earth.
And for one brief moment Gordo Cooper became the greatest pilot anyone had
ever seen." -Right Stuff, 1983

Manual re-entry with a landing only 7,000 yards away from the recovery
group.

Richard

ToTheAce
October 6th 04, 01:57 AM

>On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 00:06:55 -0400, John M. Williams
> wrote:
>
>>"David Cohen" > wrote:
>>
>>>Gordon Cooper, pilot of the final Mercury program flight in to space, died
>>>today at the age of 77.
>>>
>>>He pioneered humanity's first steps into the greatest exploration we will
>>>ever conduct. He was a hero.
>>>
>>>Rest in peace, Colonel. And, for this last great exploration, please try
>not
>>>to fall asleep.
>>>
>>>Most gratefully,
>>>
>>>David
>>
>>And let us not forget Janet Leigh, who died today at the same age,
>>immortalized by her screams in "Psycho."
>
>She was more importantly perhaps, a very glamorous lady and formed a
>most attractive twosome with husband Tony Curtis, producing the
>equally delectable Jamie Lee!

And don't forget Rodney Dangerfield. Maybe now he'll get some respect.

Lucas Buck
October 9th 04, 09:58 AM
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 00:23:43 GMT, "David Cohen" >
wrote:

>Gordon Cooper, pilot of the final Mercury program flight in to space, died
>today at the age of 77.
>
>He pioneered humanity's first steps into the greatest exploration we will
>ever conduct. He was a hero.
>
>Rest in peace, Colonel. And, for this last great exploration, please try not
>to fall asleep.
>
>Most gratefully,
>
>David

Yet another Bush-related death.

David Cohen
October 9th 04, 04:10 PM
"Lucas Buck" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:
>>Gordon Cooper, pilot of the final Mercury program flight in to space, died
>>today at the age of 77.
>>
>>He pioneered humanity's first steps into the greatest exploration we will
>>ever conduct. He was a hero.
>>
>>Rest in peace, Colonel. And, for this last great exploration, please try
>>not
>>to fall asleep.
>>
>>Most gratefully,
>>
>>David