PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to MFW?

John HUDSON
October 27th 04, 09:30 AM
Whatever have you done to MFW lads and lasses?

Virtually the entire input this morning, and most other mornings for
months now, is dedicated to the US election. There is none of the
traditional MFW humour, there are no flames or trolling, and there is
absolutely bugger all about fitness and training.

Is it likely that once the very boring Bush/Kerry thing is over that
we will revert to what we do best, which is entertaining, advising and
generally abusing each other? Or will it be more of the same with
endless diatribe dissecting the reasons why one candidate lost due to
much cheating by the other side.

Should we re-name ourselves: misc.uspolitics.boringbuggers? <yawn>

zzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................

DeWayne
October 27th 04, 09:35 AM
"John HUDSON" > wrote in message
> Whatever have you done to MFW lads and lasses?
>
> Virtually the entire input this morning, and most other mornings for
> months now, is dedicated to the US election. There is none of the
> traditional MFW humour, there are no flames or trolling, and there is
> absolutely bugger all about fitness and training.
>
> Is it likely that once the very boring Bush/Kerry thing is over that
> we will revert to what we do best, which is entertaining, advising and
> generally abusing each other? Or will it be more of the same with
> endless diatribe dissecting the reasons why one candidate lost due to
> much cheating by the other side.

If the election is as close as the last one it will linger on and on and
on... No more hanging chads though

> Should we re-name ourselves: misc.uspolitics.boringbuggers? <yawn>
>
> zzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................

John HUDSON
October 27th 04, 10:41 AM
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:35:08 GMT, "DeWayne" > wrote:

>"John HUDSON" > wrote in message
>> Whatever have you done to MFW lads and lasses?
>>
>> Virtually the entire input this morning, and most other mornings for
>> months now, is dedicated to the US election. There is none of the
>> traditional MFW humour, there are no flames or trolling, and there is
>> absolutely bugger all about fitness and training.
>>
>> Is it likely that once the very boring Bush/Kerry thing is over that
>> we will revert to what we do best, which is entertaining, advising and
>> generally abusing each other? Or will it be more of the same with
>> endless diatribe dissecting the reasons why one candidate lost due to
>> much cheating by the other side.
>
>If the election is as close as the last one it will linger on and on and
>on... No more hanging chads though

If so we have much to which we may look forward with eager
anticipation!! <groan>

DeWayne
October 27th 04, 10:42 AM
"John HUDSON" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:35:08 GMT, "DeWayne" > wrote:
>

>>"John HUDSON" > wrote in message
>>> Whatever have you done to MFW lads and lasses?
>>>
>>> Virtually the entire input this morning, and most other mornings for
>>> months now, is dedicated to the US election. There is none of the
>>> traditional MFW humour, there are no flames or trolling, and there is
>>> absolutely bugger all about fitness and training.
>>>
>>> Is it likely that once the very boring Bush/Kerry thing is over that
>>> we will revert to what we do best, which is entertaining, advising and
>>> generally abusing each other? Or will it be more of the same with
>>> endless diatribe dissecting the reasons why one candidate lost due to
>>> much cheating by the other side.
>>
>>If the election is as close as the last one it will linger on and on and
>>on... No more hanging chads though
>
> If so we have much to which we may look forward with eager
> anticipation!! <groan>

Ain't it the truth John! I didn't think the last one would EVER end.

DeWayne

John HUDSON
October 27th 04, 12:59 PM
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:42:20 GMT, "DeWayne" > wrote:

>"John HUDSON" > wrote in message

>>>If the election is as close as the last one it will linger on and on and
>>>on... No more hanging chads though
>>
>> If so we have much to which we may look forward with eager
>> anticipation!! <groan>
>
>Ain't it the truth John! I didn't think the last one would EVER end.

Do you have any ideas why they are so obsessed with it, or why they
think their comments and observations are of any interest or will have
any influence on the outcome?

DHW
October 27th 04, 06:45 PM
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:30:57 +0100, John HUDSON >
wrote:

>Whatever have you done to MFW lads and lasses?
>
>Virtually the entire input this morning, and most other mornings for
>months now, is dedicated to the US election. There is none of the
>traditional MFW humour, there are no flames or trolling, and there is
>absolutely bugger all about fitness and training.

I try to ignore all the political crap on TV and even here.
Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, it would seem I have been
affected to some degree.

For example, when I read the topic of your post, "What's Happened to
MFW?" I saw that as: What' Happened to M*ther F*ckin' 'W'

A question many of us have asked over here, but few have had the guts
to ask in such a straightforward manner.

> and there is absolutely bugger all about fitness and training.
I've recently lost 100 pounds. Well, it's taken two years ... but I
recently hit the 100-pound mark. My squatting it progressing well.

That's about the best I can do with respect to bringing MFW back in
line (regardless of how your read MFW). I don't think it's enough to
redirect the course of the entire membership.

Baby steps ...
D. Wells

Remove the numbers to mail me. Include the text "gore-in-2004"
(without quotation marks) to ensure you make it past the spam filter.

Tim o'Toole
October 28th 04, 04:27 AM
<snip>

> >... but I'd like to bash you in mouth
> >with a 45 pound plate.
>
> You might wish to determine how many 45-pound plates John can move
> before you make such statements.

Ho hum, my buddy worked for a consulting company whose client us at&t and
30% of the Project Managers and up were based in India. You know why?
Because the captains of US industry would rather pay Rajput Suneethra ( the
guy from India ) the equivalent of US$18,000/yr which is a decent salary in
India. Do a google search and see what the current salary for project
managers is, ~US$75,000+++ .

If I'm a ceo, I couldn't give a rat's ass of who works in the trenches, if
its some local boy who wants to drive a beemer or some shlub in New Dehli,
I'd take the shlub. Don't question the quality of the work because if the
work from foreigners was substandard then their contracts would not be
renewed. Again being the ceo, I care about the bottom line, my shareholders
and most importantly, beating the street.

So how many 45 pound plates can you fit in your mouth?

John Hanson
October 28th 04, 04:59 AM
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:27:46 -0400, "Tim o'Toole"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

><snip>
>
>> >... but I'd like to bash you in mouth
>> >with a 45 pound plate.
>>
>> You might wish to determine how many 45-pound plates John can move
>> before you make such statements.
>
>Ho hum, my buddy worked for a consulting company whose client us at&t and
>30% of the Project Managers and up were based in India. You know why?
>Because the captains of US industry would rather pay Rajput Suneethra ( the
>guy from India ) the equivalent of US$18,000/yr which is a decent salary in
>India. Do a google search and see what the current salary for project
>managers is, ~US$75,000+++ .
>
>If I'm a ceo, I couldn't give a rat's ass of who works in the trenches, if
>its some local boy who wants to drive a beemer or some shlub in New Dehli,
>I'd take the shlub. Don't question the quality of the work because if the
>work from foreigners was substandard then their contracts would not be
>renewed. Again being the ceo, I care about the bottom line, my shareholders
>and most importantly, beating the street.
>
>So how many 45 pound plates can you fit in your mouth?

Stop by my part of the world and I'll let everyone know how many I can
fit in your mouth.

Tim o'Toole
October 28th 04, 05:25 AM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:27:46 -0400, "Tim o'Toole"
> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
> ><snip>

> >> You might wish to determine how many 45-pound plates John can move
> >> before you make such statements.
> >
> >Ho hum, my buddy worked for a consulting company whose client us at&t and
> >30% of the Project Managers and up were based in India. You know why?
> >Because the captains of US industry would rather pay Rajput Suneethra (
the
> >guy from India ) the equivalent of US$18,000/yr which is a decent salary
in
> >India. Do a google search and see what the current salary for project
> >managers is, ~US$75,000+++ .
> >
> >If I'm a ceo, I couldn't give a rat's ass of who works in the trenches,
if
> >its some local boy who wants to drive a beemer or some shlub in New
Dehli,
> >I'd take the shlub. Don't question the quality of the work because if the
> >work from foreigners was substandard then their contracts would not be
> >renewed. Again being the ceo, I care about the bottom line, my
shareholders
> >and most importantly, beating the street.
> >
> >So how many 45 pound plates can you fit in your mouth?
> >
> Stop by my part of the world and I'll let everyone know how many I can
> fit in your mouth.

I'm in the midwest, where is your part of the world? Obviously you missed
the point on outsourcing..... putz

John Hanson
October 28th 04, 05:55 AM
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:25:28 -0400, "Tim o'Toole"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:27:46 -0400, "Tim o'Toole"
>> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>>
>> ><snip>

>> >Ho hum, my buddy worked for a consulting company whose client us at&t and
>> >30% of the Project Managers and up were based in India. You know why?
>> >Because the captains of US industry would rather pay Rajput Suneethra (
>the
>> >guy from India ) the equivalent of US$18,000/yr which is a decent salary
>in
>> >India. Do a google search and see what the current salary for project
>> >managers is, ~US$75,000+++ .
>> >
>> >If I'm a ceo, I couldn't give a rat's ass of who works in the trenches,
>if
>> >its some local boy who wants to drive a beemer or some shlub in New
>Dehli,
>> >I'd take the shlub. Don't question the quality of the work because if the
>> >work from foreigners was substandard then their contracts would not be
>> >renewed. Again being the ceo, I care about the bottom line, my
>shareholders
>> >and most importantly, beating the street.
>> >
>> >So how many 45 pound plates can you fit in your mouth?
>> >
>> Stop by my part of the world and I'll let everyone know how many I can
>> fit in your mouth.
>>

>I'm in the midwest, where is your part of the world? Obviously you missed
>the point on outsourcing..... putz

The Twin Cities. Obviously you missed the point of me stopping you of
bashing my mouth in with 45 pound plates. Keep in mind that even
though I know I could easily manhandle you in a fight, I will pull my
legally carried pistol to stop you from completing such an act.

John M. Williams
October 28th 04, 06:06 AM
"Tim o'Toole" > wrote:

>I'm in the midwest, where is your part of the world? Obviously you missed
>the point on outsourcing..... putz

Midwest what?

Hint: your IP address is really easy to locate geographically ...
which is why you dodged my point on outsourcing.

John HUDSON
October 28th 04, 08:27 AM
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:59:34 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:27:46 -0400, "Tim o'Toole"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>><snip>

>>> You might wish to determine how many 45-pound plates John can move
>>> before you make such statements.
>>
>>Ho hum, my buddy worked for a consulting company whose client us at&t and
>>30% of the Project Managers and up were based in India. You know why?
>>Because the captains of US industry would rather pay Rajput Suneethra ( the
>>guy from India ) the equivalent of US$18,000/yr which is a decent salary in
>>India. Do a google search and see what the current salary for project
>>managers is, ~US$75,000+++ .
>>
>>If I'm a ceo, I couldn't give a rat's ass of who works in the trenches, if
>>its some local boy who wants to drive a beemer or some shlub in New Dehli,
>>I'd take the shlub. Don't question the quality of the work because if the
>>work from foreigners was substandard then their contracts would not be
>>renewed. Again being the ceo, I care about the bottom line, my shareholders
>>and most importantly, beating the street.
>>
>>So how many 45 pound plates can you fit in your mouth?
>>
>Stop by my part of the world and I'll let everyone know how many I can
>fit in your mouth.

I want tickets for that please - ringside!! ;o)

My money's on JH!! ;o)

John HUDSON
October 28th 04, 08:37 AM
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:55:22 -0500, John Hanson
> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:25:28 -0400, "Tim o'Toole"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>

>>"John Hanson" > wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:27:46 -0400, "Tim o'Toole"

>>the
>>in

>>if
>>Dehli,
>>shareholders

>>> Stop by my part of the world and I'll let everyone know how many I can
>>> fit in your mouth.
>>>

>>I'm in the midwest, where is your part of the world? Obviously you missed
>>the point on outsourcing..... putz
>>
>The Twin Cities. Obviously you missed the point of me stopping you of
>bashing my mouth in with 45 pound plates. Keep in mind that even
>though I know I could easily manhandle you in a fight, I will pull my
>legally carried pistol to stop you from completing such an act.

Check-mate I believe it's called Tim!! ;o)

Axel of the North!
October 29th 04, 05:26 AM
wrote:

>Whatever have you done to MFW lads and lasses?
>
>Virtually the entire input this morning, and most other mornings for
>months now, is dedicated to the US election. There is none of the
>traditional MFW humour, there are no flames or trolling, and there is
>absolutely bugger all about fitness and training.
>
>Is it likely that once the very boring Bush/Kerry thing is over that
>we will revert to what we do best, which is entertaining, advising and
>generally abusing each other? Or will it be more of the same with
>endless diatribe dissecting the reasons why one candidate lost due to
>much cheating by the other side.
>
>Should we re-name ourselves: misc.uspolitics.boringbuggers? <yawn>
>
>zzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................

maybe you're not as concerned. but we are. we could all be stalling in
our weight training regimens.. not caring... just preserving muscle
mass... our heads turned to the TV screens splayed across the
mind-dead gyms across America.. waiting for the next stupid sound
byte.

this is when i flip through some google archives to see
Lyle-from-the-past be a big dickhead.

John HUDSON
October 29th 04, 09:25 AM
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 04:26:49 GMT, (Axel of the North!)
wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:30:57 +0100, John HUDSON >
>wrote:
>
>>Whatever have you done to MFW lads and lasses?
>>
>>Virtually the entire input this morning, and most other mornings for
>>months now, is dedicated to the US election. There is none of the
>>traditional MFW humour, there are no flames or trolling, and there is
>>absolutely bugger all about fitness and training.
>>
>>Is it likely that once the very boring Bush/Kerry thing is over that
>>we will revert to what we do best, which is entertaining, advising and
>>generally abusing each other? Or will it be more of the same with
>>endless diatribe dissecting the reasons why one candidate lost due to
>>much cheating by the other side.
>>
>>Should we re-name ourselves: misc.uspolitics.boringbuggers? <yawn>
>>
>>zzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................
>>

>maybe you're not as concerned. but we are. we could all be stalling in
>our weight training regimens.. not caring... just preserving muscle
>mass... our heads turned to the TV screens splayed across the
>mind-dead gyms across America.. waiting for the next stupid sound
>byte.
>
>this is when i flip through some google archives to see
>Lyle-from-the-past be a big dickhead.

I can't think which would be the biggest yawn Axel!! ;o)

Larry Hodges
October 29th 04, 05:21 PM
John HUDSON wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 04:26:49 GMT, (Axel of the North!)
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:30:57 +0100, John HUDSON >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Whatever have you done to MFW lads and lasses?
>>>
>>> Virtually the entire input this morning, and most other mornings for
>>> months now, is dedicated to the US election. There is none of the
>>> traditional MFW humour, there are no flames or trolling, and there
>>> is absolutely bugger all about fitness and training.
>>>
>>> Is it likely that once the very boring Bush/Kerry thing is over that
>>> we will revert to what we do best, which is entertaining, advising
>>> and generally abusing each other? Or will it be more of the same
>>> with endless diatribe dissecting the reasons why one candidate lost
>>> due to much cheating by the other side.
>>>
>>> Should we re-name ourselves: misc.uspolitics.boringbuggers? <yawn>
>>>
>>> zzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................
>>>

>> maybe you're not as concerned. but we are. we could all be stalling
>> in our weight training regimens.. not caring... just preserving
>> muscle mass... our heads turned to the TV screens splayed across the
>> mind-dead gyms across America.. waiting for the next stupid sound
>> byte.
>>
>> this is when i flip through some google archives to see
>> Lyle-from-the-past be a big dickhead.
>
> I can't think which would be the biggest yawn Axel!! ;o)

Wait. I thought Lyle-from-the-current was a dickhead. Now I'm confused.
--
-Larry
To email me, remove all the 2s

John HUDSON
October 29th 04, 05:42 PM
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:21:21 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote:

>John HUDSON wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 04:26:49 GMT, (Axel of the North!)
>> wrote:

>>> maybe you're not as concerned. but we are. we could all be stalling
>>> in our weight training regimens.. not caring... just preserving
>>> muscle mass... our heads turned to the TV screens splayed across the
>>> mind-dead gyms across America.. waiting for the next stupid sound
>>> byte.
>>>
>>> this is when i flip through some google archives to see
>>> Lyle-from-the-past be a big dickhead.
>>
>> I can't think which would be the biggest yawn Axel!! ;o)
>
>Wait. I thought Lyle-from-the-current was a dickhead. Now I'm confused.

It is obvious that McD is a consistent "dickhead", which includes
past, present and future, as I can't see him changing now the die is
cast!

Have a great weekend Larry and throw a leg - I intend to!! ;o)

TFIF!!

Axel of the North!
October 30th 04, 06:51 AM
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:21:21 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote:

>John HUDSON wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 04:26:49 GMT, (Axel of the North!)
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:30:57 +0100, John HUDSON >
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> this is when i flip through some google archives to see
>>> Lyle-from-the-past be a big dickhead.
>>
>> I can't think which would be the biggest yawn Axel!! ;o)
>
>Wait. I thought Lyle-from-the-current was a dickhead. Now I'm confused.
>--
>-Larry
>To email me, remove all the 2s

i do believe that Lyle, ghost-of-Lyle, Lyle-from-the-past, and most
likely Lyle-from-the-future are all big dickheads!!

Have an abstemious weekend, i know i intend to!!

B^)

John HUDSON
October 30th 04, 08:28 AM
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 05:51:08 GMT, (Axel of the North!)
wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:21:21 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote:
>
>>John HUDSON wrote:

>>> I can't think which would be the biggest yawn Axel!! ;o)
>>
>>Wait. I thought Lyle-from-the-current was a dickhead. Now I'm confused.
>>--
>>-Larry
>>To email me, remove all the 2s
>>

>i do believe that Lyle, ghost-of-Lyle, Lyle-from-the-past, and most
>likely Lyle-from-the-future are all big dickheads!!

When you're right you're right Axel!!

>Have an abstemious weekend, i know i intend to!!

How very dull!!

However that will still allow you to have a great weekend if you put
you're to it - which is exactly what I intend to do!! ;o)

Larry Hodges
October 30th 04, 09:11 AM
Axel of the North! wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:21:21 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> > wrote:
>
>> John HUDSON wrote:

>>> I can't think which would be the biggest yawn Axel!! ;o)
>>
>> Wait. I thought Lyle-from-the-current was a dickhead. Now I'm
>> confused. --
>> -Larry
>> To email me, remove all the 2s
>>

> i do believe that Lyle, ghost-of-Lyle, Lyle-from-the-past, and most
> likely Lyle-from-the-future are all big dickheads!!

Word.

> Have an abstemious weekend, i know i intend to!!
>
> B^)

Axel, you've been reading too much Hudson.
--
-Larry
To email me, remove all the 2s

Axel of the North!
October 31st 04, 01:04 AM
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:11:00 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote:

>Axel of the North! wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:21:21 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
>> > wrote:

>>> Wait. I thought Lyle-from-the-current was a dickhead. Now I'm
>>> confused. --
>>> -Larry
>>> To email me, remove all the 2s
>>>

>> i do believe that Lyle, ghost-of-Lyle, Lyle-from-the-past, and most
>> likely Lyle-from-the-future are all big dickheads!!
>
>Word.
>
>> Have an abstemious weekend, i know i intend to!!
>>
>> B^)
>

>Axel, you've been reading too much Hudson.
>--
>-Larry

your *******ized, violent, humourless American English is boring me.

John HUDSON
October 31st 04, 01:09 AM
On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 00:04:08 GMT, (Axel of the North!)
wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:11:00 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote:
>
>>Axel of the North! wrote:
>>> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:21:21 -0700, "Larry Hodges"

>>> i do believe that Lyle, ghost-of-Lyle, Lyle-from-the-past, and most
>>> likely Lyle-from-the-future are all big dickheads!!
>>
>>Word.
>>
>>> Have an abstemious weekend, i know i intend to!!
>>>
>>> B^)
>>

>>Axel, you've been reading too much Hudson.
>>--
>>-Larry
>
>your *******ized, violent, humourless American English is boring me.

I'm glad to see you have been paying attention Axel, but while I'm
aware that imitation is the finest form of flattery, and that you have
a firmer grasp than most on sarcasm, you mustn't make it too obvious,
or you will make the dullards as wise as us!! ;o)

HAGS!!

Larry Hodges
October 31st 04, 06:49 AM
Axel of the North! wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:11:00 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> > wrote:
>
>> Axel of the North! wrote:
>>> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:21:21 -0700, "Larry Hodges"

>>> i do believe that Lyle, ghost-of-Lyle, Lyle-from-the-past, and most
>>> likely Lyle-from-the-future are all big dickheads!!
>>
>> Word.
>>
>>> Have an abstemious weekend, i know i intend to!!
>>>
>>> B^)
>>

>> Axel, you've been reading too much Hudson.
>> --
>> -Larry
>
> your *******ized, violent, humourless American English is boring me.

What chew talkin' bout thar Axil? Us Amaricuns invented this stuff!! It's
the British *******s that stold it!!
--
-Larry
To email me, remove all the 2s

Axel of the North!
October 31st 04, 11:50 PM
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:49:33 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote:

>Axel of the North! wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:11:00 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
>> > wrote:

>>> Word.

>>> Axel, you've been reading too much Hudson.
>>> --
>>> -Larry
>>
>> your *******ized, violent, humourless American English is boring me.
>
>What chew talkin' bout thar Axil? Us Amaricuns invented this stuff!! It's
>the British *******s that stold it!!
>--
>-Larry

dangnabbit if'n i ain't been hornswoggled!

(sorry, marijuana makes me overly impressionable)

Hugh Beyer
November 1st 04, 02:52 AM
(Axel of the North!) wrote in news:4181c54f.8517282
@netnews.worldnet.att.net:

> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:30:57 +0100, John HUDSON >
> wrote:
>
>>Whatever have you done to MFW lads and lasses?
>>
>>Virtually the entire input this morning, and most other mornings for
>>months now, is dedicated to the US election. There is none of the
>>traditional MFW humour, there are no flames or trolling, and there is
>>absolutely bugger all about fitness and training.
>>
>>Is it likely that once the very boring Bush/Kerry thing is over that
>>we will revert to what we do best, which is entertaining, advising and
>>generally abusing each other? Or will it be more of the same with
>>endless diatribe dissecting the reasons why one candidate lost due to
>>much cheating by the other side.
>>
>>Should we re-name ourselves: misc.uspolitics.boringbuggers? <yawn>
>>
>>zzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................
>>

> maybe you're not as concerned. but we are. we could all be stalling in
> our weight training regimens.. not caring... just preserving muscle
> mass... our heads turned to the TV screens splayed across the
> mind-dead gyms across America.. waiting for the next stupid sound
> byte.

It's frustrating as hell, but I think it's all good in the end. The day
Americans are NOT all wrought up about their elections is the day to worry.

Hugh

--
One puppy had its dewclaws removed in the creation of this post, but for
reasons of hygene and it really doesn't hurt them at all.

Helgi Briem
November 1st 04, 08:28 AM
On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:52:51 -0600, Hugh Beyer >
wrote:

>It's frustrating as hell, but I think it's all good in the end. The day
>Americans are NOT all wrought up about their elections is the
>day to worry.

Since only about a third care enough to vote, I'd say
there certainly is reason to worry already.

--
Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?