PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting Protein

Greg
October 31st 04, 12:40 AM
I've tried a TON of protein, but can't find a good tasting one....can
someone recommend the best testing protein (I just mix it with water) out
there? I'm not talking about the protein like Muscle Milk that has all the
carbs....just plain old chocolate protein.

I realize that when mixing chocolate protein with just water it aint gonna
be like a chocolate shake, but the ones I've tried are disgusting....what's
your vote?

Greg

Lyle McDonald
October 31st 04, 01:20 AM
Greg wrote:
> I've tried a TON of protein, but can't find a good tasting one....can
> someone recommend the best testing protein (I just mix it with water) out
> there?

taste preferences are individual, what someone else likes you may not
like. So asking someone to tell you what THE best tasting protein is is
like asking what THE best movie is; you'll get as many different answers
as people you ask.

Lyle

Greg
October 31st 04, 01:26 AM
And that's what I'm looking for.....

Greg
"Lyle McDonald" > wrote in message
> Greg wrote:
>> I've tried a TON of protein, but can't find a good tasting one....can
>> someone recommend the best testing protein (I just mix it with water) out
>> there?
>
> taste preferences are individual, what someone else likes you may not
> like. So asking someone to tell you what THE best tasting protein is is
> like asking what THE best movie is; you'll get as many different answers
> as people you ask.
>
> Lyle

John M. Williams
October 31st 04, 01:42 AM
"Greg" > wrote:

>I've tried a TON of protein, but can't find a good tasting one....can
>someone recommend the best testing protein (I just mix it with water) out
>there? I'm not talking about the protein like Muscle Milk that has all the
>carbs....just plain old chocolate protein.
>
>I realize that when mixing chocolate protein with just water it aint gonna
>be like a chocolate shake, but the ones I've tried are disgusting....what's
>your vote?

Whey Gourmet: http://www.bulknutrition.com/p805_Whey_Gourmet_PVL.html

Quality whey mix, low-carb, and tastes really good.

User
October 31st 04, 05:50 AM
> I realize that when mixing chocolate protein with just water it aint gonna
> be like a chocolate shake, but the ones I've tried are
> disgusting....what's your vote?

HDT Banana is the only whey I can mix with water and drink without holding
my nose. Most others make me gag and I have to drink them in "stages" or
else they'll end up in the kitchen sink....

Mistress Krista
October 31st 04, 12:16 PM
"Greg" > wrote in message
> I've tried a TON of protein, but can't find a good tasting one....can
> someone recommend the best testing protein (I just mix it with water) out
> there? I'm not talking about the protein like Muscle Milk that has all
> the carbs....just plain old chocolate protein.
>
> I realize that when mixing chocolate protein with just water it aint gonna
> be like a chocolate shake, but the ones I've tried are
> disgusting....what's your vote?

Unflavoured protein. Then flavour it using whatever you like. If you want
chocolate, try unflavoured whey + chocolate milk. Another option is
Syntrax's Nectar line of protein, which tastes more or less like Kool-Aid
but is pretty good. The lemonade one is particularly pleasant.

Krista

--
http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
http://www.trans-health.com

ROB
November 1st 04, 02:20 AM
"Greg" > wrote in message >...
> I've tried a TON of protein, but can't find a good tasting one....can
> someone recommend the best testing protein (I just mix it with water) out
> there? I'm not talking about the protein like Muscle Milk that has all the
> carbs....just plain old chocolate protein.
>
> I realize that when mixing chocolate protein with just water it aint gonna
> be like a chocolate shake, but the ones I've tried are disgusting....what's
> your vote?
>
> Greg

I use All The Whey's orange, it's about the only thing I can stand.
Their strawberry isn't too bad, but I like the orange best. Here's the
link to their site: http://www.allthewhey.com/index.html
All good medicine,
GREENFEATHER

Dale Ellis
November 3rd 04, 07:46 PM
"Greg" > wrote in message
> I've tried a TON of protein, but can't find a good tasting one....can
> someone recommend the best testing protein (I just mix it with water) out
> there? I'm not talking about the protein like Muscle Milk that has all
> the carbs....just plain old chocolate protein.
>
> I realize that when mixing chocolate protein with just water it aint gonna
> be like a chocolate shake, but the ones I've tried are
> disgusting....what's your vote?
>
> Greg

The one that tastes the best to me is whichever one is CHEAPEST!!
Right now that would be 'allthewhey'. - Dale