PDA

View Full Version : Election 2004 / 2000 county map

aj
November 4th 04, 09:50 PM
http://www.princeton.edu/%7Ervdb/JAVA/election2004/

Little change. Democrat-ism still caused by the presence of water.

--
-aj

Watson Davis
November 4th 04, 10:03 PM
aj > wrote in :

> http://www.princeton.edu/%7Ervdb/JAVA/election2004/
>
> Little change. Democrat-ism still caused by the presence of water.

Cool link. Thanks.

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

aj
November 4th 04, 11:57 PM
On 2004-11-04, aj > wrote:

> http://www.princeton.edu/%7Ervdb/JAVA/election2004/
>
> Little change. Democrat-ism still caused by the presence of water.

More accurate:

http://www.theonion.com/election2004/images/national_outlook_map6.gif

--
-aj

Brandon Berg
November 5th 04, 07:10 AM
"aj" > wrote in message

> http://www.princeton.edu/%7Ervdb/JAVA/election2004/
>
> Little change. Democrat-ism still caused by the presence of water.

On a related topic, did anyone else notice the shift in educational
demographics this year? In 1996 and 2000 (I can't find earlier data),
Democrats did very well among high-school dropouts, with education
positively correlated with voting Republican except at the postgraduate
level. This year, Bush gained a full ten points among high-school dropouts,
three points among high-school graduates, and only one point among college
dropouts.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/US/P/00/epolls.0.html

Rural living is good living
November 5th 04, 07:16 AM
>http://www.theonion.com/election2004/images/national_outlook_map6.gif

But northern New England is WAY off. VT, NH, and ME have some of the very best
hunting laws in the nation. Both VT and NH are in the top 5 when it comes to
less restrictive.
_______
"They charge you $15 if you fail to show for your 'free' appointment" by Lurker
on a Gold's Gym policy.

Tired of corrupt politicians and busybodies trying to run your life, family,
and property?
Visit http://www.freestateproject.com

Lucas Buck
November 5th 04, 09:07 AM
On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 21:50:18 -0000, aj > wrote:

>http://www.princeton.edu/%7Ervdb/JAVA/election2004/
>
>Little change. Democrat-ism still caused by the presence of water.

Just like malaria.

Paul Cassel
November 5th 04, 03:10 PM
aj wrote:
> On 2004-11-04, aj > wrote:
>
>>http://www.princeton.edu/%7Ervdb/JAVA/election2004/
>>
>>Little change. Democrat-ism still caused by the presence of water.
>

> More accurate:
>
> http://www.theonion.com/election2004/images/national_outlook_map6.gif

Ha ha, but it's not right as far as blue / red. For example, NM went
Bush / Red this year. Beats me what folks find funny in this online rag.

-paul

Paul Cassel
November 5th 04, 03:11 PM
Lucas Buck wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 21:50:18 -0000, aj > wrote:
>

>>http://www.princeton.edu/%7Ervdb/JAVA/election2004/
>>
>>Little change. Democrat-ism still caused by the presence of water.
>

> Just like malaria.

& yellow fever.

Proton Soup
November 5th 04, 03:59 PM
On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 08:10:34 -0700, Paul Cassel > wrote:

>aj wrote:
>> On 2004-11-04, aj > wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.princeton.edu/%7Ervdb/JAVA/election2004/
>>>
>>>Little change. Democrat-ism still caused by the presence of water.
>>

>> More accurate:
>>
>> http://www.theonion.com/election2004/images/national_outlook_map6.gif
>>
>Ha ha, but it's not right as far as blue / red. For example, NM went
>Bush / Red this year. Beats me what folks find funny in this online rag.

It was funny five years ago. Now it's like the stack of mouldy 'Mad'
magazines you bought at a yard sale for a quarter.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Thanks for noticing that I didn't actually say anything." - Mike Lane

aj
November 5th 04, 06:20 PM
On 2004-11-05, Brandon Berg > wrote:

> "aj" > wrote in message
>>
>> http://www.princeton.edu/%7Ervdb/JAVA/election2004/
>>
>> Little change. Democrat-ism still caused by the presence of water.
>
> On a related topic, did anyone else notice the shift in educational
> demographics this year? In 1996 and 2000 (I can't find earlier data),
> Democrats did very well among high-school dropouts, with education
> positively correlated with voting Republican except at the postgraduate
> level. This year, Bush gained a full ten points among high-school dropouts,
> three points among high-school graduates, and only one point among college
> dropouts.
>
> http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/US/P/00/epolls.0.html

You scroll down to the bottom and you find that Bush actually lost a lot
of ground in sparsely populated communities, but made big gains in the
cities.

--
-aj

Brandon Berg
November 6th 04, 04:47 AM
"aj" > wrote in message
> On 2004-11-05, Brandon Berg > wrote:
>> http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/US/P/00/epolls.0.html
>
> You scroll down to the bottom and you find that Bush actually lost a lot
> of ground in sparsely populated communities, but made big gains in the
> cities.

Perhaps most ominously, he gained ten points among those who believe that
the government should do more to solve problems.

--
Brandon Berg
Fix the obvious homonym substitution to reply.