PDA

View Full Version : Making a Butt

November 12th 04, 07:58 PM
full squats. careful with the knees, though.

"frank-in-toronto" > wrote in message
> I work out with a skinny girl. She isn't happy with the
> size of her butt. She'd like bigger. Without getting
> a belly. hmmmmmmm. I told her that if she wants
> to be big, just start eating donuts! or eat more.
>
> she eats poorly, sleeps not enough and has lots
> of things to do. so, she has 30 minutes 4 out
> of 5 days a week to workout.
>
> starting next week, i'm going to focus on her butt.
> really. she'll do a full body workout 2 or 3 times
> a week with most of the emphasis on rear exercises.
> some ham too.
>
> my plan is to start her with squats. the first 2 weeks
> will be volume/light and deep. the 3rd week will be
> increased weight/lower reps. perhaps not so deep.
> the fourth week will be a bit higher weight and perhaps
> even fewer reps (as low as 6). 5th week will be recovery.
> 6th week will be TEST. This is to give her a measurement
> tool that she can use to see improvement.
>
> so again...first 3 or 4 sets of squats. then 2 non-stop
> sets of one-legged cable kickbacks and finish with
> a superset of adductor/high rep and leg curl/low rep.
>
> how's that sound? remember the goal is to put on butt
> muscle. not to lift some set weight. just butt. i know that
> shapely thighs are critical too, so i'll have her work
> on those too.
> ...thehick

frank-in-toronto
November 12th 04, 09:37 PM
[...]

Proton Soup
November 12th 04, 10:06 PM
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:48:46 GMT, wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:37:29 -0500, frank-in-toronto
> wrote:
>
>>I work out with a skinny girl. She isn't happy with the
>>size of her butt. She'd like bigger. Without getting
>>a belly. hmmmmmmm. I told her that if she wants
>>to be big, just start eating donuts! or eat more.
>>
>>she eats poorly, sleeps not enough and has lots
>>of things to do. so, she has 30 minutes 4 out
>>of 5 days a week to workout.
>>
>>starting next week, i'm going to focus on her butt.
>>really. she'll do a full body workout 2 or 3 times
>>a week with most of the emphasis on rear exercises.
>>some ham too.
>>
>>my plan is to start her with squats. the first 2 weeks
>>will be volume/light and deep. the 3rd week will be
>>increased weight/lower reps. perhaps not so deep.
>>the fourth week will be a bit higher weight and perhaps
>>even fewer reps (as low as 6). 5th week will be recovery.
>>6th week will be TEST. This is to give her a measurement
>>tool that she can use to see improvement.
>>
>>so again...first 3 or 4 sets of squats. then 2 non-stop
>>sets of one-legged cable kickbacks and finish with
>>a superset of adductor/high rep and leg curl/low rep.
>>
>>how's that sound? remember the goal is to put on butt
>>muscle. not to lift some set weight. just butt.
>
>I suggest Hypertrophy Specific Training and increased caloric intake
>insuring enough protein. Caloric intake is critical for her to achieve
>the results she wants. She must realize however that she is likely to
>gain some fat in the process. After getting the butt she wants she can
>always go on a cutting diet.

Bah, if you want to make her ass big, just marry her.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Thanks for noticing that I didn't actually say anything." - Mike Lane

TheTortoise
November 12th 04, 10:33 PM
Proton Soup wrote:

> Bah, if you want to make her ass big, just marry her.

Because my wife cannot see me here at work, I laughed heartily at that
(don't tell her!)

frank-in-toronto
November 12th 04, 11:05 PM
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:58:48 -0500, > wrote:

>full squats. careful with the knees, though.
i'm having a problem keeping her knees back. i know she knows
but just can't execute it right. they never go over her toes but,
the lower leg could be a lot more vertical.

any suggestions on what words to use? i could demo it
but, again, that doesn't work. she does the squats
in a power rack with the safety bars set just below
her lowest point.

....thehick

Jim Ranieri
November 12th 04, 11:22 PM
"TheTortoise" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Proton Soup wrote:
> >
> > Bah, if you want to make her ass big, just marry her.
> >

> Because my wife cannot see me here at work, I laughed heartily at that
> (don't tell her!)

That was excellent.

spodosaurus
November 12th 04, 11:33 PM
frank-in-toronto wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:58:48 -0500, > wrote:
>

>>full squats. careful with the knees, though.
>
> i'm having a problem keeping her knees back. i know she knows
> but just can't execute it right. they never go over her toes but,
> the lower leg could be a lot more vertical.

Doesn't sound like too much to worry about as she doesn't appear to be
training for future powerlifting competition.

> any suggestions on what words to use? i could demo it
> but, again, that doesn't work. she does the squats
> in a power rack with the safety bars set just below
> her lowest point.
>
> ...thehick

neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

frank-in-toronto
November 12th 04, 11:55 PM
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 07:33:32 +0800, spodosaurus
> wrote:

>frank-in-toronto wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:58:48 -0500, > wrote:
>>

>>>full squats. careful with the knees, though.
>>
>> i'm having a problem keeping her knees back. i know she knows
>> but just can't execute it right. they never go over her toes but,
>> the lower leg could be a lot more vertical.
>>

>Doesn't sound like too much to worry about as she doesn't appear to be
>training for future powerlifting competition.
heh. no. for sure. her biggest squat to having her upper
leg just above parallel is ,75 b.w. so perhaps this knee
thing isn't worth wasting much time on.
she's skinny/fat altho when I say she's fat, people look at me funny.
....thehick

Watson Davis
November 13th 04, 12:21 AM
frank-in-toronto > wrote in
:

> I work out with a skinny girl. She isn't happy with the
> size of her butt. She'd like bigger. Without getting
> a belly. hmmmmmmm. I told her that if she wants
> to be big, just start eating donuts! or eat more.
>
> she eats poorly, sleeps not enough and has lots
> of things to do. so, she has 30 minutes 4 out
> of 5 days a week to workout.
>
> starting next week, i'm going to focus on her butt.
> really. she'll do a full body workout 2 or 3 times
> a week with most of the emphasis on rear exercises.
> some ham too.
>
> my plan is to start her with squats. the first 2 weeks
> will be volume/light and deep. the 3rd week will be
> increased weight/lower reps. perhaps not so deep.
> the fourth week will be a bit higher weight and perhaps
> even fewer reps (as low as 6). 5th week will be recovery.
> 6th week will be TEST. This is to give her a measurement
> tool that she can use to see improvement.
>
> so again...first 3 or 4 sets of squats. then 2 non-stop
> sets of one-legged cable kickbacks and finish with
> a superset of adductor/high rep and leg curl/low rep.
>
> how's that sound? remember the goal is to put on butt
> muscle. not to lift some set weight. just butt. i know that
> shapely thighs are critical too, so i'll have her work
> on those too.
> ...thehick

Well, you're going to have to post jpgs of her current buttage and then
create a webpage with weekly butt pictures and her workouts.

That's the only way we'll be able to scientifically monitor her progress
and give you responses and suggestions that are relevant.

The only way.

We're just trying to help.

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

frank-in-toronto
November 13th 04, 12:52 AM
On 13 Nov 2004 00:21:27 GMT, Watson Davis >
wrote:

>frank-in-toronto > wrote in
:
<snip bunch of male fantasy>
>Well, you're going to have to post jpgs of her current buttage and then
>create a webpage with weekly butt pictures and her workouts.
>
>That's the only way we'll be able to scientifically monitor her progress
>and give you responses and suggestions that are relevant.
>
>The only way.
well. i don't know. i doubt if she'll go for it, but the old hidden
camera technique may help. i'll try my best.

as for measuring...i have some thoughts there. i will suggest that
she tape measure naturally. might as well get all measurements
while i'm at it. gotta be scientific. and the real true measurement
is the touch test. i may have to contract this out (being married
and all) but to having any more than 1 inch of fat on top of
the muscle negates the bubble-butt concept to me. this is
easily checked by pressing in while tensing the glutes. she might
laugh when i explain this one.
....thehick

Jeff Finlayson
November 13th 04, 02:48 AM
frank-in-toronto wrote:
> > wrote:

>>full squats. careful with the knees, though.
>
> i'm having a problem keeping her knees back. i know she knows
> but just can't execute it right. they never go over her toes but,
> the lower leg could be a lot more vertical.

The knees almost need to go past the toes on full squats,
depending on the lifter's proportions and such. Just make
sure it's not exaggerated.

> any suggestions on what words to use? i could demo it
> but, again, that doesn't work. she does the squats
> in a power rack with the safety bars set just below
> her lowest point.

Start with a broomstick. See Krista's site as well.

truegrit
November 13th 04, 08:07 AM
frank-in-toronto > wrote in message >...
> I work out with a skinny girl. She isn't happy with the
> size of her butt. She'd like bigger. Without getting
> a belly. hmmmmmmm. I told her that if she wants
> to be big, just start eating donuts! or eat more.
>
> she eats poorly, sleeps not enough and has lots
> of things to do. so, she has 30 minutes 4 out
> of 5 days a week to workout.
>
> starting next week, i'm going to focus on her butt.
> really. she'll do a full body workout 2 or 3 times
> a week with most of the emphasis on rear exercises.
> some ham too.
>
> my plan is to start her with squats. the first 2 weeks
> will be volume/light and deep. the 3rd week will be
> increased weight/lower reps. perhaps not so deep.
> the fourth week will be a bit higher weight and perhaps
> even fewer reps (as low as 6). 5th week will be recovery.
> 6th week will be TEST. This is to give her a measurement
> tool that she can use to see improvement.
>
> so again...first 3 or 4 sets of squats. then 2 non-stop
> sets of one-legged cable kickbacks and finish with
> a superset of adductor/high rep and leg curl/low rep.
>
> how's that sound? remember the goal is to put on butt
> muscle. not to lift some set weight. just butt. i know that
> shapely thighs are critical too, so i'll have her work
> on those too.
> ...thehick

If her goal is solely to put on some ass, I'd go with some variation
of the deadlift. It's easier to learn and places more emphasis on the
butt. But squats are good too. Also, while machines have their
place, in this case instead of those cable kick backs and abductor
exercises, I'd put her on some sort of sprinting program, maybe with
an emphasis on kicking up the heels. Or high step-ups.

Watson Davis
November 15th 04, 07:54 PM
frank-in-toronto > wrote in
:

:
> <snip bunch of male fantasy>
>>Well, you're going to have to post jpgs of her current buttage and then
>>create a webpage with weekly butt pictures and her workouts.
>>
>>That's the only way we'll be able to scientifically monitor her progress
>>and give you responses and suggestions that are relevant.
>>
>>The only way.
> well. i don't know. i doubt if she'll go for it, but the old hidden
> camera technique may help. i'll try my best.
>
> as for measuring...i have some thoughts there. i will suggest that
> she tape measure naturally. might as well get all measurements
> while i'm at it. gotta be scientific. and the real true measurement
> is the touch test. i may have to contract this out (being married
> and all) but to having any more than 1 inch of fat on top of
> the muscle negates the bubble-butt concept to me. this is
> easily checked by pressing in while tensing the glutes. she might
> laugh when i explain this one.

Nice to see that you (or some subcontractor) has the situation well ...
uh... in hand... so to speak.

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis