PDA

View Full Version : How much water

Ryan Case
November 13th 04, 04:29 PM
I seem to remember Lyle stating a week or three ago that a good
indicator of getting enough water in a day is five clear urinations.

How much water does that equate to for some of you. I drink an
exagerated amount due to a few factors.

1.) Increased my water intake to help quit smoking years ago.

2.) Increased again a couple of years ago when doing Atkins.

3.) Increased again two months ago when giving up caffine.

I am now up to between 1.5 and 2 gallons a day. I fill a bunch of 1
liter bottles in the kitchen sink every morning and take them to work
with me and put them under the desk. (private well is the best water I
have ever had).

My reason for asking is that I still don't get five clear urinations a
day, even with this intake. All I drink is water, milk, and OJ. (ok,
maybe a couple of beers on the weekend).

Lurker

John HUDSON
November 13th 04, 05:21 PM
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 08:29:55 -0800, Ryan Case >
wrote:

>I seem to remember Lyle stating a week or three ago that a good
>indicator of getting enough water in a day is five clear urinations.
>
>How much water does that equate to for some of you. I drink an
>exagerated amount due to a few factors.
>
>1.) Increased my water intake to help quit smoking years ago.
>
>2.) Increased again a couple of years ago when doing Atkins.
>
>3.) Increased again two months ago when giving up caffine.
>
>I am now up to between 1.5 and 2 gallons a day. I fill a bunch of 1
>liter bottles in the kitchen sink every morning and take them to work
>with me and put them under the desk. (private well is the best water I
>have ever had).
>
>My reason for asking is that I still don't get five clear urinations a
>day, even with this intake. All I drink is water, milk, and OJ. (ok,
>maybe a couple of beers on the weekend).

You would do well to be aware of the dangers of drinking too much
water, one of the symptoms of which is reduced urination.

See:

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/news/story.phtml?id=1381

Steve Freides
November 13th 04, 05:32 PM
"John HUDSON" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 08:29:55 -0800, Ryan Case >
> wrote:
>
>>I seem to remember Lyle stating a week or three ago that a good
>>indicator of getting enough water in a day is five clear urinations.
>>
>>How much water does that equate to for some of you. I drink an
>>exagerated amount due to a few factors.
>>
>>1.) Increased my water intake to help quit smoking years ago.
>>
>>2.) Increased again a couple of years ago when doing Atkins.
>>
>>3.) Increased again two months ago when giving up caffine.
>>
>>I am now up to between 1.5 and 2 gallons a day. I fill a bunch of 1
>>liter bottles in the kitchen sink every morning and take them to work
>>with me and put them under the desk. (private well is the best water I
>>have ever had).
>>
>>My reason for asking is that I still don't get five clear urinations a
>>day, even with this intake. All I drink is water, milk, and OJ. (ok,
>>maybe a couple of beers on the weekend).
>
> You would do well to be aware of the dangers of drinking too much
> water, one of the symptoms of which is reduced urination.
>
> See:
>
> http://www.menshealth.co.uk/news/story.phtml?id=1381

I'm pretty sure this problem mostly happens with endurance athletes who
are sweating out a ton of water plus minerals and sometimes replace only
the water. I don't think I've heard of it being a problem for a guy
sitting at a desk and/or lifting weights - have you?

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com