PDA

View Full Version : Autumn Rugby Internationals!

John HUDSON
November 13th 04, 05:23 PM
Ireland surprised the Tri-Nation Champions South Africa by beating
them for the first time at Lansdowne Road since 1965, and only the
second time ever.

A thrilling bruising game which the Irish won deservedly 17-12 despite
a late rally by the Boks!!

A largely new and experimental England team, ran out easy winners
against a plucky Canadian side at Twickenham, beating the largely
amateur Canucks 70 points to nil!!

John Hanson
November 13th 04, 05:34 PM
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:23:29 +0000, John HUDSON >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>Ireland surprised the Tri-Nation Champions South Africa by beating
>them for the first time at Lansdowne Road since 1965, and only the
>second time ever.
>
>A thrilling bruising game which the Irish won deservedly 17-12 despite
>a late rally by the Boks!!
>
>A largely new and experimental England team, ran out easy winners
>against a plucky Canadian side at Twickenham, beating the largely
>amateur Canucks 70 points to nil!!

Oh, great. Thanks. Now we'll get a new round of anti-American
postings by the Canucks.

John HUDSON
November 13th 04, 05:36 PM
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:34:04 -0600, John Hanson
> wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:23:29 +0000, John HUDSON >
>wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>Ireland surprised the Tri-Nation Champions South Africa by beating
>>them for the first time at Lansdowne Road since 1965, and only the
>>second time ever.
>>
>>A thrilling bruising game which the Irish won deservedly 17-12 despite
>>a late rally by the Boks!!
>>
>>A largely new and experimental England team, ran out easy winners
>>against a plucky Canadian side at Twickenham, beating the largely
>>amateur Canucks 70 points to nil!!
>
>Oh, great. Thanks. Now we'll get a new round of anti-American
>postings by the Canucks.

Well JH, as is usual with rugby football, the antagonism on the pitch
stays there, and both teams of players and supporters were on the best
of terms after the game!!

I don't see why the Canucks would be giving the US 'aggro' over an
England/Canada confrontation!! ;o)

Have a few beers and enjoy John - I am!! ;o)

John Hanson
November 13th 04, 05:49 PM
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:36:27 +0000, John HUDSON >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:34:04 -0600, John Hanson
> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:23:29 +0000, John HUDSON >
>>wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>>
>>>Ireland surprised the Tri-Nation Champions South Africa by beating
>>>them for the first time at Lansdowne Road since 1965, and only the
>>>second time ever.
>>>
>>>A thrilling bruising game which the Irish won deservedly 17-12 despite
>>>a late rally by the Boks!!
>>>
>>>A largely new and experimental England team, ran out easy winners
>>>against a plucky Canadian side at Twickenham, beating the largely
>>>amateur Canucks 70 points to nil!!
>>
>>Oh, great. Thanks. Now we'll get a new round of anti-American
>>postings by the Canucks.
>
>Well JH, as is usual with rugby football, the antagonism on the pitch
>stays there, and both teams of players and supporters were on the best
>of terms after the game!!
>
>I don't see why the Canucks would be giving the US 'aggro' over an
>England/Canada confrontation!! ;o)

They'll be depressed and take it out on us, as usual.

>Have a few beers and enjoy John - I am!! ;o)

Later, it's not even noon yet.

Bob Mann
November 14th 04, 05:32 PM
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:34:04 -0600, John Hanson
> wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:23:29 +0000, John HUDSON >
>wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>Ireland surprised the Tri-Nation Champions South Africa by beating
>>them for the first time at Lansdowne Road since 1965, and only the
>>second time ever.
>>
>>A thrilling bruising game which the Irish won deservedly 17-12 despite
>>a late rally by the Boks!!
>>
>>A largely new and experimental England team, ran out easy winners
>>against a plucky Canadian side at Twickenham, beating the largely
>>amateur Canucks 70 points to nil!!
>
>Oh, great. Thanks. Now we'll get a new round of anti-American
>postings by the Canucks.

Not at all.
In fact the Canadian coach said he wishes they could play England more
often because they can only improve by exposure to that level of
competition.
FWIW, most of the professional Canadian players were unable to get
releases from their club teams to play for their country.
The World Rigby organization should make it compulsory like FIFA have
for soccer.
--
Bob Mann
Help save trees. Wipe your ass with an owl.