PDA

View Full Version : Famous folks you've met

Jim
November 13th 04, 11:35 PM
I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people. This is
going to be long. I'm ranting and I have to move tomorrow so I need the
relief. Im going to describe all the meetings and circumstances.
1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls. Buffalo band..knew him well..smoked
pot with him.
2) Lou Reed...he played an outdoor concert at the University of Buffalo in
1996. We got there early and there was Lou..unloaded equipment...we
helped..Lou was cool.
3) John Kay..went to a Steppenwolf concert at Crystal Beach,Ontario on our
Harleys. 1995. Sitting in the bar before the show..John Kay sat right down
next to me.
I looked at him and said.."I know who you are!" He laughed his ass off. We
drank a beer together before the show.
4) Deion Sanders..Fort Myers native..met him..nothing to say really about
it.
5)Mindy McCready..country star..she hangs out at this local bar I go to. I
played pool with her.

Those are the coolest...I actually was a childhood friend of Tim McVeigh
too..

Jim

John Hanson
November 13th 04, 11:52 PM
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:35:17 -0500, "Jim" > wrote
in misc.fitness.weights:

>I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people. This is
>going to be long. I'm ranting and I have to move tomorrow so I need the
>relief. Im going to describe all the meetings and circumstances.
>1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls. Buffalo band..knew him well..smoked
>pot with him.
>2) Lou Reed...he played an outdoor concert at the University of Buffalo in
>1996. We got there early and there was Lou..unloaded equipment...we
>helped..Lou was cool.
>3) John Kay..went to a Steppenwolf concert at Crystal Beach,Ontario on our
>Harleys. 1995. Sitting in the bar before the show..John Kay sat right down
>next to me.
>I looked at him and said.."I know who you are!" He laughed his ass off. We
>drank a beer together before the show.
>4) Deion Sanders..Fort Myers native..met him..nothing to say really about
>it.
>5)Mindy McCready..country star..she hangs out at this local bar I go to. I
>played pool with her.
>
>Those are the coolest...I actually was a childhood friend of Tim McVeigh
>too..

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

Jim
November 14th 04, 12:09 AM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:35:17 -0500, "Jim" > wrote
> in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people. This is
>>going to be long. I'm ranting and I have to move tomorrow so I need the
>>relief. Im going to describe all the meetings and circumstances.
>>1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls. Buffalo band..knew him
>>well..smoked
>>pot with him.
>>2) Lou Reed...he played an outdoor concert at the University of Buffalo in
>>1996. We got there early and there was Lou..unloaded equipment...we
>>helped..Lou was cool.
>>3) John Kay..went to a Steppenwolf concert at Crystal Beach,Ontario on our
>>Harleys. 1995. Sitting in the bar before the show..John Kay sat right down
>>next to me.
>>I looked at him and said.."I know who you are!" He laughed his ass off. We
>>drank a beer together before the show.
>>4) Deion Sanders..Fort Myers native..met him..nothing to say really about
>>it.
>>5)Mindy McCready..country star..she hangs out at this local bar I go to. I
>>played pool with her.
>>
>>Those are the coolest...I actually was a childhood friend of Tim McVeigh
>>too..
>>
> I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

I saw George Bush..but I didnt meet him. Good thing. I probably would have
called him an asshole and spent the night in some Florida prison with Arabs.

Jim

Steve Freides
November 14th 04, 01:28 AM
"Jim" > wrote in message
>I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people. This is
>going to be long. I'm ranting and I have to move tomorrow so I need the
>relief. Im going to describe all the meetings and circumstances.
> 1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls. Buffalo band..knew him
> well..smoked pot with him.
> 2) Lou Reed...he played an outdoor concert at the University of
> Buffalo in 1996. We got there early and there was Lou..unloaded
> equipment...we helped..Lou was cool.
> 3) John Kay..went to a Steppenwolf concert at Crystal Beach,Ontario on
> our Harleys. 1995. Sitting in the bar before the show..John Kay sat
> right down next to me.
> I looked at him and said.."I know who you are!" He laughed his ass
> off. We drank a beer together before the show.
> 4) Deion Sanders..Fort Myers native..met him..nothing to say really
> about it.
> 5)Mindy McCready..country star..she hangs out at this local bar I go
> to. I played pool with her.
>
> Those are the coolest...I actually was a childhood friend of Tim
> McVeigh too..

Richard Belzer - was in a restaurant in NYC when my oldest was just a
few months old and we were carting him around in the detachable part of
an infant car seat. Richard asked if he could hold him, and we said
"Sure," so he walked around with him a bit. Also many well- and
not-so-well known classical musicians when I was teaching at Mannes
College of Music in NYC.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Blade
November 14th 04, 01:42 AM
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:35:17 -0500, "Jim" > wrote:

>I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people. This is
>going to be long. I'm ranting and I have to move tomorrow so I need the
>relief. Im going to describe all the meetings and circumstances.
>1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls. Buffalo band..knew him well..smoked
>pot with him.
>2) Lou Reed...he played an outdoor concert at the University of Buffalo in
>1996. We got there early and there was Lou..unloaded equipment...we
>helped..Lou was cool.
>3) John Kay..went to a Steppenwolf concert at Crystal Beach,Ontario on our
>Harleys. 1995. Sitting in the bar before the show..John Kay sat right down
>next to me.
>I looked at him and said.."I know who you are!" He laughed his ass off. We
>drank a beer together before the show.
>4) Deion Sanders..Fort Myers native..met him..nothing to say really about
>it.
>5)Mindy McCready..country star..she hangs out at this local bar I go to. I
>played pool with her.
>
>Those are the coolest...I actually was a childhood friend of Tim McVeigh
>too..
>
>Jim

Living in NY I have met MANY celebrities throughout the years, in the
city, in airports, and on planes (I fly every other week). Too many
to list, but a short list includes:

Kate Blanchett (just last week in LGA airport, she was with another
celebrity - not so famous though. She talked to me about The Aviator
for a bit)
Deborah Harry (of Blondie in the Lower East Side of NYC)
Daryl Hall (Hall & Oates - cool guy)
Garth Brooks (outside the Today Show)
Telly Savalis (in a NY hospital waiting room)
Martha Stewart (sat next to her on a NY to Cincinnati flight few years
ago)
Ben Vereen (in NYC theater district)
Tiger Woods

Actually, there are so many more I can't ever remember them all. But
the ones above are the ones I met most recently (or remember for some
reason). Also a bunch of quasi-celebrities, like reality show people.
Met all of them in airports. Boring...

User
November 14th 04, 02:33 AM
I can't think of anyone famous I've actually met. My wife met Johnny Depp
many years ago and was actually an extra in some movie (ended up on the
cutting room floor). Lots of celebs have come to my county/town to film
(southeastern Az), but I've never met any.

Cindy Crawford and Richard Gere (when they were together) had a large ranch
just up the street from me in Sonoita.

I've seen the governor from a distance. Does that count?

David Cohen
November 14th 04, 03:06 AM
"Jim" > wrote
>I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people. This is
>going to be long. I'm ranting and I have to move tomorrow so I need the
>relief. Im going to describe all the meetings and circumstances.
> 1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls. Buffalo band..knew him
> well..smoked pot with him.
> 2) Lou Reed...he played an outdoor concert at the University of Buffalo in
> 1996. We got there early and there was Lou..unloaded equipment...we
> helped..Lou was cool.
> 3) John Kay..went to a Steppenwolf concert at Crystal Beach,Ontario on our
> Harleys. 1995. Sitting in the bar before the show..John Kay sat right down
> next to me.
> I looked at him and said.."I know who you are!" He laughed his ass off. We
> drank a beer together before the show.
> 4) Deion Sanders..Fort Myers native..met him..nothing to say really about
> it.
> 5)Mindy McCready..country star..she hangs out at this local bar I go to. I
> played pool with her.
>
> Those are the coolest...I actually was a childhood friend of Tim McVeigh
> too..

Having been an exterminator, and a paramedic, in a celebrity-filled town
like Las Vegas, has lead me to meet, kill the bugs of, and treat the owees
of, numerous famous folks. Mobsters, hotel owners, actors, singers, pro
boxers, etc. And a French national hero.

David

Jim
November 14th 04, 03:16 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> "Jim" > wrote
>>I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people. This is
>>going to be long. I'm ranting and I have to move tomorrow so I need the
>>relief. Im going to describe all the meetings and circumstances.
>> 1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls. Buffalo band..knew him
>> well..smoked pot with him.
>> 2) Lou Reed...he played an outdoor concert at the University of Buffalo
>> in 1996. We got there early and there was Lou..unloaded equipment...we
>> helped..Lou was cool.
>> 3) John Kay..went to a Steppenwolf concert at Crystal Beach,Ontario on
>> our Harleys. 1995. Sitting in the bar before the show..John Kay sat right
>> down next to me.
>> I looked at him and said.."I know who you are!" He laughed his ass off.
>> We drank a beer together before the show.
>> 4) Deion Sanders..Fort Myers native..met him..nothing to say really about
>> it.
>> 5)Mindy McCready..country star..she hangs out at this local bar I go to.
>> I played pool with her.
>>
>> Those are the coolest...I actually was a childhood friend of Tim McVeigh
>> too..
>
> Having been an exterminator, and a paramedic, in a celebrity-filled town
> like Las Vegas, has lead me to meet, kill the bugs of, and treat the owees
> of, numerous famous folks. Mobsters, hotel owners, actors, singers, pro
> boxers, etc. And a French national hero.
>
> David

I just realized David..CSI! Las Vegas...I love the show but the background
music is too loud.

Jim

Steve Freides
November 14th 04, 03:28 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> "Jim" > wrote
>>I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people. This
>>is going to be long. I'm ranting and I have to move tomorrow so I need
>>the relief. Im going to describe all the meetings and circumstances.
>> 1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls. Buffalo band..knew him
>> well..smoked pot with him.
>> 2) Lou Reed...he played an outdoor concert at the University of
>> Buffalo in 1996. We got there early and there was Lou..unloaded
>> equipment...we helped..Lou was cool.
>> 3) John Kay..went to a Steppenwolf concert at Crystal Beach,Ontario
>> on our Harleys. 1995. Sitting in the bar before the show..John Kay
>> sat right down next to me.
>> I looked at him and said.."I know who you are!" He laughed his ass
>> off. We drank a beer together before the show.
>> 4) Deion Sanders..Fort Myers native..met him..nothing to say really
>> about it.
>> 5)Mindy McCready..country star..she hangs out at this local bar I go
>> to. I played pool with her.
>>
>> Those are the coolest...I actually was a childhood friend of Tim
>> McVeigh too..
>
> Having been an exterminator, and a paramedic, in a celebrity-filled
> town like Las Vegas, has lead me to meet, kill the bugs of, and treat
> the owees of, numerous famous folks. Mobsters, hotel owners, actors,
> singers, pro boxers, etc. And a French national hero.

Is that last one Jerry Lewis?

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

> David

Tifosi Bob
November 14th 04, 04:00 AM
"Jim" > wrote in message

> Those are the coolest...I actually was a childhood friend of Tim McVeigh
> too..

What a bunch of pathetic name droppers you are.
I met Laura Bush, she was on her knees giving me rimjob.

Don
November 14th 04, 04:45 AM
Mike Dukakis, he is very short. - wore a helmet in a tank

Dr. Benjamin Spock - he sold 50,000,000 books

Prof. Archibald Cox-fired by Nixon's henchman, was buying a calculator with
over 12 digits, for some big anti-trust case

"Spaceman" Bill Lee-smoked dope, also taller in person

Julia Child- very tall, ex-spy

Dally
November 14th 04, 05:06 AM
Paul Simon picked me up hitch-hiking one day in the early 80's near the
Canadian border in Vermont. I was struck by the surreal quality of
riding in his car - I was a fan and had one of his music books on my
piano at the time. I was very impressed with the really nice car and
the music he had playing and the space-age contraption he was using to
play the music. I'd never seen a CD player before. (I think I might
never have HEARD of a CD player before.) IIRC he was playing Philip
Glass. I liked it.

I particularly recall that he was headed to a tractor supply store.
I've always wondered what Paul Simon needed at a tractor supply store in
the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont.

Buck, I'd be grateful if you fact check this for me. I sometimes wonder
if I recall this correctly.

None of my other famous people experiences compares to this in terms of
surreal weirdness.

Dally

David Cohen
November 14th 04, 05:21 AM
"Steve Freides" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote
>> "Jim" > wrote
>>>I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people. This is
>>>going to be long. I'm ranting and I have to move tomorrow so I need the
>>>relief. Im going to describe all the meetings and circumstances.
>>> 1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls. Buffalo band..knew him
>>> well..smoked pot with him.
>>> 2) Lou Reed...he played an outdoor concert at the University of Buffalo
>>> in 1996. We got there early and there was Lou..unloaded equipment...we
>>> helped..Lou was cool.
>>> 3) John Kay..went to a Steppenwolf concert at Crystal Beach,Ontario on
>>> our Harleys. 1995. Sitting in the bar before the show..John Kay sat
>>> right down next to me.
>>> I looked at him and said.."I know who you are!" He laughed his ass off.
>>> We drank a beer together before the show.
>>> 4) Deion Sanders..Fort Myers native..met him..nothing to say really
>>> about it.
>>> 5)Mindy McCready..country star..she hangs out at this local bar I go to.
>>> I played pool with her.
>>>
>>> Those are the coolest...I actually was a childhood friend of Tim McVeigh
>>> too..
>>
>> Having been an exterminator, and a paramedic, in a celebrity-filled town
>> like Las Vegas, has lead me to meet, kill the bugs of, and treat the
>> owees of, numerous famous folks. Mobsters, hotel owners, actors, singers,
>> pro boxers, etc. And a French national hero.
>
> Is that last one Jerry Lewis?

Oui!

David

John M. Williams
November 14th 04, 06:40 AM
Dally > wrote:

>Paul Simon picked me up hitch-hiking one day in the early 80's near the
>Canadian border in Vermont. I was struck by the surreal quality of
>riding in his car - I was a fan and had one of his music books on my
>piano at the time. I was very impressed with the really nice car and
>the music he had playing and the space-age contraption he was using to
>play the music. I'd never seen a CD player before. (I think I might
>never have HEARD of a CD player before.) IIRC he was playing Philip
>Glass. I liked it.
>
>I particularly recall that he was headed to a tractor supply store.
>I've always wondered what Paul Simon needed at a tractor supply store in
>the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont.
>
>Buck, I'd be grateful if you fact check this for me. I sometimes wonder
>if I recall this correctly.

"The brown acid that is circulating around us is not specifically too
good it is suggested that you do stay away from it."

Rutabaga22
November 14th 04, 08:12 AM
played guitar or piano at least once with John Belushi, Jerry Jeff Walker,
Steve Goodman.

A long time ago, worked for McGeorge Bundy and, more recently, for Vernon
Jordan (all right, you can figure out I'm over 50 - just barely).

Sat next to Boomer Siassen for two and a half hours on an airplane - OK, not so
impressive, I know.

Lucas Buck
November 14th 04, 08:53 AM
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:06:16 -0500, Dally > wrote:

>Paul Simon picked me up hitch-hiking one day in the early 80's near the
>Canadian border in Vermont. I was struck by the surreal quality of
>riding in his car - I was a fan and had one of his music books on my
>piano at the time. I was very impressed with the really nice car and
>the music he had playing and the space-age contraption he was using to
>play the music. I'd never seen a CD player before. (I think I might
>never have HEARD of a CD player before.) IIRC he was playing Philip
>Glass. I liked it.
>
>I particularly recall that he was headed to a tractor supply store.
>I've always wondered what Paul Simon needed at a tractor supply store in
>the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont.
>
>Buck, I'd be grateful if you fact check this for me. I sometimes wonder
>if I recall this correctly.

Sounds legit. He wrote about it later:

"He ducked back down the alley,
With some roly-poly, little bat-faced girl.
All along .... along ....
There were incidents and accidents,
There were hints and allegations ..... "

Lucas Buck
November 14th 04, 08:55 AM
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 03:06:28 GMT, "David Cohen" >
wrote:

>"Jim" > wrote
>>I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people. This is
>>going to be long. I'm ranting and I have to move tomorrow so I need the
>>relief. Im going to describe all the meetings and circumstances.
>> 1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls. Buffalo band..knew him
>> well..smoked pot with him.
>> 2) Lou Reed...he played an outdoor concert at the University of Buffalo in
>> 1996. We got there early and there was Lou..unloaded equipment...we
>> helped..Lou was cool.
>> 3) John Kay..went to a Steppenwolf concert at Crystal Beach,Ontario on our
>> Harleys. 1995. Sitting in the bar before the show..John Kay sat right down
>> next to me.
>> I looked at him and said.."I know who you are!" He laughed his ass off. We
>> drank a beer together before the show.
>> 4) Deion Sanders..Fort Myers native..met him..nothing to say really about
>> it.
>> 5)Mindy McCready..country star..she hangs out at this local bar I go to. I
>> played pool with her.
>>
>> Those are the coolest...I actually was a childhood friend of Tim McVeigh
>> too..
>
>Having been an exterminator, and a paramedic, in a celebrity-filled town
>like Las Vegas, has lead me to meet, kill the bugs of, and treat the owees
>of, numerous famous folks. Mobsters, hotel owners, actors, singers, pro
>boxers, etc. And a French national hero.

Was the latter Yasser Arafat?

John HUDSON
November 14th 04, 09:01 AM
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 01:40:17 -0500, John M. Williams
> wrote:

>Dally > wrote:
>>
>>Paul Simon picked me up hitch-hiking one day in the early 80's near the
>>Canadian border in Vermont. I was struck by the surreal quality of
>>riding in his car - I was a fan and had one of his music books on my
>>piano at the time. I was very impressed with the really nice car and
>>the music he had playing and the space-age contraption he was using to
>>play the music. I'd never seen a CD player before. (I think I might
>>never have HEARD of a CD player before.) IIRC he was playing Philip
>>Glass. I liked it.
>>
>>I particularly recall that he was headed to a tractor supply store.
>>I've always wondered what Paul Simon needed at a tractor supply store in
>>the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont.
>>
>>Buck, I'd be grateful if you fact check this for me. I sometimes wonder
>>if I recall this correctly.
>
>"The brown acid that is circulating around us is not specifically too
>good it is suggested that you do stay away from it."

I can vouch for Wendy's account as I was buying a tractor from the
same store, when Paul Simon called to buy some tines for his harrow!!

Have a great Sunday JW and no more "brown acid" for you - I shall be
having a few libations by way of celebration!! ;o)

Jim Ranieri
November 14th 04, 01:45 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "Steve Freides" > wrote
> > "David Cohen" > wrote
> >> "Jim" > wrote
Buffalo

McVeigh

> >> Having been an exterminator, and a paramedic, in a celebrity-filled
town
> >> like Las Vegas, has lead me to meet, kill the bugs of, and treat the
> >> owees of, numerous famous folks. Mobsters, hotel owners, actors,
singers,
> >> pro boxers, etc. And a French national hero.
> >
> > Is that last one Jerry Lewis?
>
> Oui!

Do exterminators have to worry about HIPAA?

Dally
November 14th 04, 04:57 PM
Lucas Buck wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:06:16 -0500, Dally > wrote:
>

>>Paul Simon picked me up hitch-hiking one day in the early 80's near the
>>Canadian border in Vermont. I was struck by the surreal quality of
>>riding in his car - I was a fan and had one of his music books on my
>>piano at the time. I was very impressed with the really nice car and
>>the music he had playing and the space-age contraption he was using to
>>play the music. I'd never seen a CD player before. (I think I might
>>never have HEARD of a CD player before.) IIRC he was playing Philip
>>Glass. I liked it.
>>
>>I particularly recall that he was headed to a tractor supply store.
>>I've always wondered what Paul Simon needed at a tractor supply store in
>>the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont.
>>
>>Buck, I'd be grateful if you fact check this for me. I sometimes wonder
>>if I recall this correctly.
>

> Sounds legit. He wrote about it later:
>
> "He ducked back down the alley,
> With some roly-poly, little bat-faced girl.
> All along .... along ....
> There were incidents and accidents,
> There were hints and allegations ..... "

Wow! That's it! Except I was wearing a waffle weave on the sole of my
shoes. Artistic license, I guess.

Dally

Dally
November 14th 04, 04:58 PM
John M. Williams wrote:

> Dally > wrote:
>
>>Paul Simon picked me up hitch-hiking one day in the early 80's near the
>>Canadian border in Vermont. I was struck by the surreal quality of
>>riding in his car - I was a fan and had one of his music books on my
>>piano at the time. I was very impressed with the really nice car and
>>the music he had playing and the space-age contraption he was using to
>>play the music. I'd never seen a CD player before. (I think I might
>>never have HEARD of a CD player before.) IIRC he was playing Philip
>>Glass. I liked it.
>>
>>I particularly recall that he was headed to a tractor supply store.
>>I've always wondered what Paul Simon needed at a tractor supply store in
>>the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont.
>>
>>Buck, I'd be grateful if you fact check this for me. I sometimes wonder
>>if I recall this correctly.
>

> "The brown acid that is circulating around us is not specifically too
> good it is suggested that you do stay away from it."

Sorry, over my head. Explain?

Dally

John M. Williams
November 14th 04, 05:02 PM
Dally > wrote:

>John M. Williams wrote:
>
>> Dally > wrote:
>>
>>>Paul Simon picked me up hitch-hiking one day in the early 80's near the
>>>Canadian border in Vermont. I was struck by the surreal quality of
>>>riding in his car - I was a fan and had one of his music books on my
>>>piano at the time. I was very impressed with the really nice car and
>>>the music he had playing and the space-age contraption he was using to
>>>play the music. I'd never seen a CD player before. (I think I might
>>>never have HEARD of a CD player before.) IIRC he was playing Philip
>>>Glass. I liked it.
>>>
>>>I particularly recall that he was headed to a tractor supply store.
>>>I've always wondered what Paul Simon needed at a tractor supply store in
>>>the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont.
>>>
>>>Buck, I'd be grateful if you fact check this for me. I sometimes wonder
>>>if I recall this correctly.
>>

>> "The brown acid that is circulating around us is not specifically too
>> good it is suggested that you do stay away from it."
>
>Sorry, over my head. Explain?

Woodstock stage announcement. Might still be over your head, though.

Dally
November 14th 04, 05:07 PM
John M. Williams wrote:

> Dally > wrote:
>

>>John M. Williams wrote:

>>>"The brown acid that is circulating around us is not specifically too
>>>good it is suggested that you do stay away from it."
>>
>>Sorry, over my head. Explain?
>

> Woodstock stage announcement. Might still be over your head, though.

No, that was enough. Thanks.

Dally

User
November 14th 04, 05:29 PM
> boxers, etc. And a French national hero.

France has national heroes?

John HUDSON
November 14th 04, 05:46 PM
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:29:49 -0700, "User" > wrote:

>> boxers, etc. And a French national hero.
>
>France has national heroes?

The Marquis de Sade would be hard to beat!! ;o)

rick++
November 14th 04, 06:17 PM
B-ball ex-star Charles Barkley used the Q-Club gym in southwest Houston.
Afterwards everyone would soak in the hot pool. It seemed a little
awkward to all parties involved making small talk.
I guess it was more convenient to use something near home rather than to
drive downtown.

Bob Mann
November 14th 04, 06:31 PM
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:46:45 +0000, John HUDSON >
wrote:

>On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:29:49 -0700, "User" > wrote:
>
>>> boxers, etc. And a French national hero.
>>
>>France has national heroes?
>
>The Marquis de Sade would be hard to beat!! ;o)

Dick Cheney is French? Merde alors!
(actually Cheney does look like a French name)
--
Bob Mann
Help save trees. Wipe your ass with an owl.

Bob Mann
November 14th 04, 06:36 PM
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:35:17 -0500, "Jim" > wrote:

>I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people. This is
>going to be long. I'm ranting and I have to move tomorrow so I need the
>relief. Im going to describe all the meetings and circumstances.
>1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls. Buffalo band..knew him well..smoked
>pot with him.
>2) Lou Reed...he played an outdoor concert at the University of Buffalo in
>1996. We got there early and there was Lou..unloaded equipment...we
>helped..Lou was cool.
>3) John Kay..went to a Steppenwolf concert at Crystal Beach,Ontario on our
>Harleys. 1995. Sitting in the bar before the show..John Kay sat right down
>next to me.
>I looked at him and said.."I know who you are!" He laughed his ass off. We
>drank a beer together before the show.
>4) Deion Sanders..Fort Myers native..met him..nothing to say really about
>it.
>5)Mindy McCready..country star..she hangs out at this local bar I go to. I
>played pool with her.
>
>Those are the coolest...I actually was a childhood friend of Tim McVeigh
>too..
>
>Jim

Used to go out with a friend of Wendy Crewson and so hung out with her
a bit. (Mrs. Claus in The Santa Clause and first lady in Airforce 1)
Met wrestler/manager Don Callis (Cyrus) buying supplements at a local
store.
Not too many famous people in Winnipeg.
--
Bob Mann
Help save trees. Wipe your ass with an owl.

David Cohen
November 14th 04, 07:04 PM
"Jim Ranieri" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote
>> "Steve Freides" > wrote
>> > "David Cohen" > wrote
> Buffalo
> off.
> to.

> McVeigh

> town
> singers,
>> >
>> > Is that last one Jerry Lewis?
>>
>> Oui!
>>
> Do exterminators have to worry about HIPAA?

No, but I wonder if it's retroactive for patients I had prior to its
passage?

If ambulance walls could talk...

David

Keith Hobman
November 14th 04, 07:13 PM
In article >, wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:35:17 -0500, "Jim" > wrote:
>
> >I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people. This is
> >going to be long. I'm ranting and I have to move tomorrow so I need the
> >relief. Im going to describe all the meetings and circumstances.
> >1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls. Buffalo band..knew him well..smoked
> >pot with him.
> >2) Lou Reed...he played an outdoor concert at the University of Buffalo in
> >1996. We got there early and there was Lou..unloaded equipment...we
> >helped..Lou was cool.
> >3) John Kay..went to a Steppenwolf concert at Crystal Beach,Ontario on our
> >Harleys. 1995. Sitting in the bar before the show..John Kay sat right down
> >next to me.
> >I looked at him and said.."I know who you are!" He laughed his ass off. We
> >drank a beer together before the show.
> >4) Deion Sanders..Fort Myers native..met him..nothing to say really about
> >it.
> >5)Mindy McCready..country star..she hangs out at this local bar I go to. I
> >played pool with her.
> >
> >Those are the coolest...I actually was a childhood friend of Tim McVeigh
> >too..
> >
> >Jim
> >
> Used to go out with a friend of Wendy Crewson and so hung out with her
> a bit. (Mrs. Claus in The Santa Clause and first lady in Airforce 1)
> Met wrestler/manager Don Callis (Cyrus) buying supplements at a local
> store.
> Not too many famous people in Winnipeg.

I've met Burton Cummings a couple of times and Randy Bachman once. As well
as a whole pile of other rock legends which I don't really count as the
only reason I met them is I'm about the only media buyer in Saskatoon. As
well our company has a large expo every five years and twice yearly
buymarts where we bring in entertainment. Terry Clark, for example. Since
I'm basically just a suit (even tho I don't wear one) it's hard to count
that as 'meeting' the person. Obligatory handshake would be a better term.

OTOH I did get to to talk to both BB King and Buddy Guy about their music
a bit. That was cool.

Discussed knee injuries with Bobby Orr. Had dinner with Bobby Hull which
was really interesting as we discussed difference in pro hockey from the
60's to the 90's. Also had length conversations with Lanny MacDonald and
speedskater Catriona LeMay Doan. Met Larry Csonka at a sport celebrity
dinner.

Caddied for Gordie Howe when he was golfing with our neighbour, who had
married his cousin. I tell you, he could hit a ball a long way. Less well
known, but I played hockey (and baseball) with or against about 4 NHL
players. Gerry Pinder and Brent Ashton pretty regular on a little rink in
our neighbourhood. (Played ball with Brent). Once against Hall of Famer
Bernie Federko. And a pick up game where Keith Magnussen played.

Most of my other brushes with celebrity would fall into the name-dropping
category. In fact, most of the above do. I doubt if one of these people
would remember 'Keith Hobman'. Except Brent.

Oh well.

OTOH there a a few people who I think have a shot a olympic gold who know
me pretty well now.

:^)

Bob Mann
November 14th 04, 10:39 PM
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:13:58 -0600, (Keith Hobman)
wrote:

>Caddied for Gordie Howe when he was golfing with our neighbour, who had
>married his cousin. I tell you, he could hit a ball a long way. Less well
>known, but I played hockey (and baseball) with or against about 4 NHL
>players. Gerry Pinder and Brent Ashton pretty regular on a little rink in
>our neighbourhood. (Played ball with Brent). Once against Hall of Famer
>Bernie Federko. And a pick up game where Keith Magnussen played.

Hmmm. I did go to school with a few future NHLers but damn, that was
so long ago and just about every Canadian kid did that.

I have met Wayne Babych personally as I was at his small 42nd birthday
celebration since I am a friend of his girlfriend's and worked out at
the same gym for a while. Funny thing. She says she doesn't like
really hairy guys and he could lose 10 lbs just shaving his back.

Also had lunch with Scott Taylor (sports writer) and Sam Katz
(Winnipeg Goldeyes owner and now mayor of Winnipeg) after my trip to
Finland for IPF Bench Worlds.

Also, like you, met the famous Mistress Krista. ;-)
--
Bob Mann
Help save trees. Wipe your ass with an owl.

Dally
November 14th 04, 11:43 PM
Bob Mann wrote:

> Also, like you, met the famous Mistress Krista. ;-)

LUCKY! I was in the gym this afternoon and one of the trainers asked me
what I'd recommend to show to women learning weightlifting. I tore off
a piece of my workout log and wrote MK's site on it. Then I waxed
eloquent about how wonderful MK is, and heavily implied that I know her
somehow.

Well, she *has* answered my email. At least once. That counts, doesn't
it? I'd guess I'm practically her best friend in all of Western MA.
(Drop in anytime, MK!)

Dally

Vin
November 15th 04, 12:13 AM
Dally > wrote in message
> Bob Mann wrote:
>
> > Also, like you, met the famous Mistress Krista. ;-)
>
> LUCKY! I was in the gym this afternoon and one of the trainers asked me
> what I'd recommend to show to women learning weightlifting. I tore off
> a piece of my workout log and wrote MK's site on it. Then I waxed
> eloquent about how wonderful MK is, and heavily implied that I know her
> somehow.
>
> Well, she *has* answered my email. At least once. That counts, doesn't
> it? I'd guess I'm practically her best friend in all of Western MA.
> (Drop in anytime, MK!)
>
> Dally

now THAT's a krista flankie

whit

Keith Hobman
November 15th 04, 12:13 AM
In article >, Dally > wrote:

> Bob Mann wrote:
>
> > Also, like you, met the famous Mistress Krista. ;-)
>
> LUCKY! I was in the gym this afternoon and one of the trainers asked me
> what I'd recommend to show to women learning weightlifting. I tore off
> a piece of my workout log and wrote MK's site on it. Then I waxed
> eloquent about how wonderful MK is, and heavily implied that I know her
> somehow.
>
> Well, she *has* answered my email. At least once. That counts, doesn't
> it? I'd guess I'm practically her best friend in all of Western MA.
> (Drop in anytime, MK!)

Toronto is a great place to _visit_.

And of course the fact that you may be able to meet MK makes it all the
better a place to _visit_.

Curt James
November 15th 04, 02:56 AM
Jim > wrote:

> I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people.
[snip]
> 1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls.
[snip]
> 4) Deion Sanders[snip]
> I actually was a childhood friend of Tim McVeigh[snip]

I was born in Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA. Birthplace of
Mike and Ray Mentzer who were also Ephrata grads as well.

Met:
Mike Mentzer at the former Lancaster Health Spa
which used to be located in the Park City Shopping
Center in Lancaster, PA.

Ray Mentzer at the Ephrata Rec Center where he was
autographing photocopies of a drawing I did of him for
an event at the rec.

Ron Teufel, runner-up in the AAU America, what, three
years in a row? He was also Mr. USA back in the day.
Drew an illustration of him which I photocopied for
autographs at a Mr. Lancaster County event way back
in the day where Teufel guest posed.

http://www.ironage.us/articles/teufel.html

Mike Katz, also guest posing at the Mr. Lancaster.

John Grimek, old school bodybuilding legend and
Gregory Hines, dancer and actor, at the Arnold
Classic, as well as Brian Moss, Ron Love, Jim
Lorimer and his wife, Larry Scott, Dave Draper,
Kim Chizevsky, Debbie Muggli, Kathy Unger,
Anja Schreiner (back stage after she'd won the
one Ms. International), and a bunch of other
personalities who I got to shake hands with
while attending the ASC.

Top favorites have to be Lenda Murray - who squeezed
so tightly against me during a request for a photo
op that I was smiling for the rest of the month -
and, of course, Arnold Schwarzenegger himself who
squeezed my trap and joked along with me when
I admonished the guy coordinating the photoshoot
at the one ASC when he asked me to take off my
glasses to avoid a glare.

I said, "But then I won't be able to see The Man."
Arnold responded, "Yah, den he von't be aple to
see da MANN!" Right. And THEN he pushed me the ****
out of the way for the next person getting their
Polaroid. Still, it was cool as ****. ;)

Non-bodybuilding? Well, there was Ed "Big Daddy"
Roth of Rat Fink fame when I was in Daytona the
one year.

--
Curt
http://www.emusclemag.com/forum/

Dally
November 15th 04, 01:59 PM
Vin wrote:

> Dally > wrote in message
>
>>Bob Mann wrote:
>>

>>>Also, like you, met the famous Mistress Krista. ;-)
>>
>>LUCKY! I was in the gym this afternoon and one of the trainers asked me
>>what I'd recommend to show to women learning weightlifting. I tore off
>>a piece of my workout log and wrote MK's site on it. Then I waxed
>>eloquent about how wonderful MK is, and heavily implied that I know her
>>somehow.
>>
>>Well, she *has* answered my email. At least once. That counts, doesn't
>>it? I'd guess I'm practically her best friend in all of Western MA.
>>(Drop in anytime, MK!)
>>
>>Dally
>

> now THAT's a krista flankie
>
> whit

Duh. I was doing a squatting session at the time and when-ever I
squatted I emulated Krista's upward adoring gaze. I don't think I get
the halo effect, though.

Dally

Bob Falooley
November 15th 04, 04:36 PM
Curt James wrote:

> Jim > wrote:
>
>> I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people.
> [snip]
>> 1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls.
> [snip]
>> 4) Deion Sanders[snip]
>> I actually was a childhood friend of Tim McVeigh[snip]
>
> I was born in Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA. Birthplace of
> Mike and Ray Mentzer who were also Ephrata grads as well.

I grew up in Lancaster as well. I went to Hempfield.

--Falooley

BobMac
November 15th 04, 05:32 PM
Bob Mann wrote:

> Also, like you, met the famous Mistress Krista. ;-)
I sang at her wedding!

rm
the large guy sweltering in the back row.

Hotter than stink that day, IIRC.

Keith Hobman
November 15th 04, 10:37 PM
In article >, DZ
> wrote:

> Keith Hobman > wrote:
> >
> > Toronto is a great place to _visit_.
> >
> > And of course the fact that you may be able to meet MK makes it all the
> > better a place to _visit_.
>
> I din't know she's located there. I was _visiting_ Toronto last month
> and have been in and around U of Toronto campus but since I didn't
> know she is somewhere around, I just felt like I'm there walking (as
> opposed to stalking). Once a female voice said 'what an idiot' while I
> was taking one of these:
> http://home.nc.rr.com/netsink/10-30-04-319.jpg
> http://home.nc.rr.com/netsink/10-30-04-322.jpg

Krista's gym is (was) about 3 blocks from the U of T campus. (Campus?
Well, buildings anyhow.) If you saw a cute little elfin type figure
scuttlin' by under the radar it may well have been the stumptuous one
herself.

> After few days of dubious weather Oct 30 started drizzly, sticky and
> cold. Walking through downtown in the morning I saw Glenn Gould made
> of brass sitting like a junked tuba on the bench in the rain. I spent
> the rest of the morning listening to genetics talks. Then the
> afternoon turned one of the best days of autumn, warm and fresh,
> making me squeeze my fists and howl like Glenn Gould playing
> Hindemith's pieces for brass and piano, unable to cope with what was
> probably just some shifts in balance of neurotransmitters.

This **** happens all the time. Unfortunately what would be normal
behaviour in Vancouver (that being the fists and howling thing mentioned
above) is frowned upon in the cold, upright clime of Tronna. I dunno why.
A good howl can be a thing of beauty.

Tronna reminds me a lot of American cities where every kind of hunkers
down into their own little space and get peeved at any perceived threat to
their space. Quite cold in terms of a 'good humor' climate.

Vancouver, OTOH, has a lot of warmth. Canada tends to export their people
who don't fit into a nice mold to Vancouver. One of the great things about
the city, IMO.

Curt James
November 16th 04, 12:17 AM
Bob Falooley > wrote:

> Curt James wrote:
>
> > Jim > wrote:
> >
> >> I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people.
> > [snip]
> >> 1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls[snip]
> >
> > I was born in Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA. Birthplace of
> > Mike and Ray Mentzer who were also Ephrata grads as well.
>
> I grew up in Lancaster as well. I went to Hempfield.

Yeah? I graduated from Ephrata in 1980. Greetings
to a fellow Lancaster native.

Used to live on West Orange Street near Capt. Gus's
while I was going to Millersville University. Worked
out at Fitness America which turned into Club Phoenix
which vaporized with everyone's money back in, what,
I believe 1990 or so. A high school friend and I had
both purchased life memberships right out of school.

I was only paying $50 renewal for the year. Some people
had a one dollar renewal fee for a club that had an
outdoor pool and an awesome free weight room.

Club Phoenix was selling memberships to people on the
same afternoon the cops came and locked the place up
for good. I couldn't believe it happened.

--
Curt
http://www.emusclemag.com/forum/
http://www.bbszene.de/

Bob Mann
November 16th 04, 12:39 AM
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:32:48 -0500, BobMac >
wrote:

>Bob Mann wrote:
>>
>> Also, like you, met the famous Mistress Krista. ;-)
>I sang at her wedding!

Cool.
Did you wear one of those skir^H^H^H kilts too? :-)
--
Bob Mann
Help save trees. Wipe your ass with an owl.

Jim
November 16th 04, 01:00 AM
Oh ya..forgot to mention..I grew up with Buffalo Bill's fans. My
stepfather...he was a rabid Bills fan..season tickets for 20 plus years. I
met OJ..have his autograph..and tons more..Joe Ferguson..Jim Kelly.
We use to go to Bill's training camp and mingle.
Funny cuz Williams compared me to Vincent Gallo'Buffalo 66 a while back and
some of it is actually similar.

Jim

John M. Williams
November 16th 04, 03:30 AM
"Jim" > wrote:
>Funny cuz Williams compared me to Vincent Gallo'Buffalo 66 a while back and
>some of it is actually similar.

I've seen your pic.

Jim
November 16th 04, 03:44 AM
"John M. Williams" > wrote in message
> "Jim" > wrote:
>>Funny cuz Williams compared me to Vincent Gallo'Buffalo 66 a while back
>>and
>>some of it is actually similar.
>
> I've seen your pic.

Indeed..I've actually shaved my head since!

Jim

John M. Williams
November 16th 04, 03:58 AM
John Hanson > wrote:
> "Jim" > wrote:
>>>
>>> I've seen your pic.
>>
>>Indeed..I've actually shaved my head since!
>>
>Let me guess. Watching Fox News turned you into a Moonie by osmosis.

Pretty soon, he'll be a Rush Limbaugh dittohead, too.

John Hanson
November 16th 04, 03:58 AM
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:44:57 -0500, "Jim" > wrote
in misc.fitness.weights:

>"John M. Williams" > wrote in message
>> "Jim" > wrote:
>>>Funny cuz Williams compared me to Vincent Gallo'Buffalo 66 a while back
>>>and
>>>some of it is actually similar.
>>
>> I've seen your pic.
>
>Indeed..I've actually shaved my head since!

Let me guess. Watching Fox News turned you into a Moonie by osmosis.

Jim
November 16th 04, 03:59 AM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:44:57 -0500, "Jim" > wrote
> in misc.fitness.weights:

>>> I've seen your pic.
>>
>>Indeed..I've actually shaved my head since!
>>
> Let me guess. Watching Fox News turned you into a Moonie by osmosis.

Ive always been a lib Dem but Fox news and conservative radio turned me into
a proactive Democrat.
Fight the Power!

Jim

Proton Soup
November 16th 04, 04:43 AM
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:59:13 -0500, "Jim" > wrote:

>"John Hanson" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:44:57 -0500, "Jim" > wrote
>> in misc.fitness.weights:

>>>Indeed..I've actually shaved my head since!
>>>
>> Let me guess. Watching Fox News turned you into a Moonie by osmosis.
>
>Ive always been a lib Dem but Fox news and conservative radio turned me into
>a proactive Democrat.
>Fight the Power!

You know what's funny about that? The more proactive you are, the
more it mobilizes the conservatives that wouldn't otherwise vote.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Thanks for noticing that I didn't actually say anything." - Mike Lane

John M. Williams
November 16th 04, 05:31 AM
Proton Soup > wrote:
> "Jim" > wrote:

>>> Let me guess. Watching Fox News turned you into a Moonie by osmosis.
>>
>>Ive always been a lib Dem but Fox news and conservative radio turned me into
>>a proactive Democrat.
>>Fight the Power!
>
>You know what's funny about that? The more proactive you are, the
>more it mobilizes the conservatives that wouldn't otherwise vote.

Absolutely! I truly believe that nutjobs like Mr. Hankey had a
genuinely positive effect in moving undecided voters toward Bush and
increasing the turnout of conservative voters.

John Hanson
November 16th 04, 05:38 AM
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:31:18 -0500, John M. Williams
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>Proton Soup > wrote:

>>>Ive always been a lib Dem but Fox news and conservative radio turned me into
>>>a proactive Democrat.
>>>Fight the Power!
>>
>>You know what's funny about that? The more proactive you are, the
>>more it mobilizes the conservatives that wouldn't otherwise vote.
>
>Absolutely! I truly believe that nutjobs like Mr. Hankey had a
>genuinely positive effect in moving undecided voters toward Bush and
>increasing the turnout of conservative voters.

Don't blow his cover, John.
<whoops>

Bob Falooley
November 16th 04, 03:49 PM
Curt James wrote:
I grew up in Lancaster as well. I went to Hempfield.

> Yeah? I graduated from Ephrata in 1980. Greetings
> to a fellow Lancaster native.

Thats a bit before my time I graduated hempfield in 1998.

> Used to live on West Orange Street near Capt. Gus's
> while I was going to Millersville University. Worked
> out at Fitness America which turned into Club Phoenix
> which vaporized with everyone's money back in, what,
> I believe 1990 or so. A high school friend and I had
> both purchased life memberships right out of school.

Captain Gus's is the place with the good philly cheese steak's righ?. I
have been there, I am pretty sure it is still around.

> I was only paying $50 renewal for the year. Some people
> had a one dollar renewal fee for a club that had an
> outdoor pool and an awesome free weight room.
>
> Club Phoenix was selling memberships to people on the
> same afternoon the cops came and locked the place up
> for good. I couldn't believe it happened.

I left right after highschool, and never lifted too heavy while in
highshcool. My parents moved, and now I hardly ever get back there.

--Falooley

DHW
November 17th 04, 04:12 AM
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:35:17 -0500, "Jim" > wrote:

>I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people. This is
>going to be long. I'm ranting and I have to move tomorrow so I need the
>relief. Im going to describe all the meetings and circumstances.
>1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls. Buffalo band..knew him well..smoked
>pot with him.
>2) Lou Reed...he played an outdoor concert at the University of Buffalo in
>1996. We got there early and there was Lou..unloaded equipment...we
>helped..Lou was cool.
>3) John Kay..went to a Steppenwolf concert at Crystal Beach,Ontario on our
>Harleys. 1995. Sitting in the bar before the show..John Kay sat right down
>next to me.
>I looked at him and said.."I know who you are!" He laughed his ass off. We
>drank a beer together before the show.
>4) Deion Sanders..Fort Myers native..met him..nothing to say really about
>it.
>5)Mindy McCready..country star..she hangs out at this local bar I go to. I
>played pool with her.
>
>Those are the coolest...I actually was a childhood friend of Tim McVeigh
>too..
>
>Jim

Bill Cullen -- hosted game shows in the 70's; maybe the Joker's Wild.
I got his autograph when I was 16 (1976)

James Carville -- About 6 years ago. Have a picture of him holding my
then infant son.

Martha Davis -- this is a reach. My buddy and I ended up backstage at
the J. Geils concert in Cincinnati. The Motels were coming off the
stage, we passed them and said a 'hello' before security caught up
with us.

Dick Celeste -- former Governor of Ohio. At the "Clinton Won"
celebration a good many years ago.

Jon Cryer -- spoke with him on the phone while selling notebook
computers for Winbook. About 11 years ago. Another reach.

Kevin Sites -- referenced in another thread here. I used to work with
him in Columbus, Ohio. Roughly 18 years ago.
D. Wells

Remove the numbers to mail me. Include the text "gore-in-2004"
(without quotation marks) to ensure you make it past the spam filter.

John M. Williams
November 17th 04, 04:50 AM
DHW > wrote:

>Dick Celeste -- former Governor of Ohio. At the "Clinton Won"
>celebration a good many years ago.

I guess that would have been after he commuted the death sentences of
a bunch of murderers during his last days in office.

Ben D
November 17th 04, 08:32 AM
Jim wrote:
> "John Hanson" > wrote in message
>
>>On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:35:17 -0500, "Jim" > wrote
>>in misc.fitness.weights:
>>

>>>I was thinking about this today. Ive met alot of famous people. This is
>>>going to be long. I'm ranting and I have to move tomorrow so I need the
>>>relief. Im going to describe all the meetings and circumstances.
>>>1) Johnny Resnick of the Goo Goo Dolls. Buffalo band..knew him
>>>well..smoked
>>>pot with him.
>>>2) Lou Reed...he played an outdoor concert at the University of Buffalo in
>>>1996. We got there early and there was Lou..unloaded equipment...we
>>>helped..Lou was cool.
>>>3) John Kay..went to a Steppenwolf concert at Crystal Beach,Ontario on our
>>>Harleys. 1995. Sitting in the bar before the show..John Kay sat right down
>>>next to me.
>>>I looked at him and said.."I know who you are!" He laughed his ass off. We
>>>drank a beer together before the show.
>>>4) Deion Sanders..Fort Myers native..met him..nothing to say really about
>>>it.
>>>5)Mindy McCready..country star..she hangs out at this local bar I go to. I
>>>played pool with her.
>>>
>>>Those are the coolest...I actually was a childhood friend of Tim McVeigh
>>>too..
>>>

>>I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.
>>

> I saw George Bush..but I didnt meet him. Good thing. I probably would have
> called him an asshole and spent the night in some Florida prison with Arabs.

No, you'd still be there.

> Jim

NAVYCHIEFCHUCK
November 17th 04, 11:37 AM
>Subject: Re: Famous folks you've met
>From: DHW
>Date: 11/16/2004 10:12 PM Central Standard Time
**Snip**
Interesting what "famous people" means to different people...
At an airshow I participated at in Ohio, my family and I met General Paul
Tibbets....I felt truly honored...
Chief

DHW
November 19th 04, 02:44 AM
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:50:39 -0500, John M. Williams
> wrote:

>DHW > wrote:
>>
>>Dick Celeste -- former Governor of Ohio. At the "Clinton Won"
>>celebration a good many years ago.
>
>I guess that would have been after he commuted the death sentences of
>a bunch of murderers during his last days in office.

While being a Democrat, I am a proponent of the death penalty. As
much as it hurt, I had to vote for Taft. Hagan (did I get that right
-- the spelling looks funny -- the guy married to Janeway) had already
mentioned he'd halt executions, and I had trouble with that.

I'd been waiting for roughly 18 years for a particular execution to
come up. It did under Taft's watch. And, on April 28 of 2003 I made
the drive to Lucasville for some closure (April 29).

On a lighter note, when I met Celeste I was wearing a Gays and
Lesbians for Clinton Button. When I walked into the convention hall I
grabbed the first pro-Dems button I could find. I had it on before I
realized what it said ... and I support Gay rights, so it was no big
deal. As Mr. Celeste and I shook hands his eyes fell to the button,
and I couldn't help but wonder what he thought -- if you follow me.

One more thing. Bodiker can suc ... er ... I mean, I don't wish him
well.

D. Wells

Remove the numbers to mail me. Include the text "gore-in-2004"
(without quotation marks) to ensure you make it past the spam filter.

Curt James
November 21st 04, 03:50 PM
Bob Falooley > wrote:

> Curt James wrote:
[snip]
> > Used to live on West Orange Street near Capt. Gus's
[snip] (Lancaster, PA, USA)
> Captain Gus's is the place with the good philly cheese
> steaks right?

That's the place.

> I left right after high school, and never lifted too
> heavy while in high school. My parents moved, and now I
> hardly ever get back there.

Hometown is Ephrata, Pennsylvania, but I've lived
in Carlisle, PA for the past five years.

Originally had a gym membership at the local YMCA,
but have had a Gold's Gym Carlisle membership since
June 2003.

Right out of high school I worked out at the
Lancaster Health Spa - $600 for a /life/ membership
(six years for the six bills and then a $50 annual
renewal). LHS was sold/renamed Fitness America
which was later sold/renamed Club Phoenix which
eventually declared bankruptcy.

I've also worked out at Tim's Gym in Lititz, PA,
<http://www.timsgym.com/> after CP went belly up.

Anyone else care to tell their hometown/gym history?

--
Curt
http://www.emusclemag.com/forum/
http://www.bbszene.de/

Curt James
November 21st 04, 07:58 PM
NAVYCHIEFCHUCK > wrote:

> Interesting what "famous people" means to
> different people...
> At an airshow I participated at in Ohio,
> my family and I met General Paul Tibbets....
> I felt truly honored...
> Chief

Chief,
I was a JO2 and met COMNAVSURFLANT, Vice Admiral
Wm. F. McCauley in September 1987. A month later,
I also met Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy,
RMCM(SW) William H. Plackett.

McCauley said I had moxie for asking him to pose
for a picture. I call it fear that my captain
would've but a boondocker up my @$$ if I hadn't
got the shot of him and the admiral during the
visit to our destroyer.

--
Curt
http://www.emusclemag.com/forum/
http://www.bbszene.de/

DHW
November 22nd 04, 01:22 AM
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 15:50:03 +0000 (UTC), "Curt James"
> wrote:

>Anyone else care to tell their hometown/gym history?
>
>--
>Curt
>http://www.emusclemag.com/forum/
>http://www.bbszene.de/
During the school year of 1976 I was 15. A friend and I used to lift
at the Miami Valley Weightlifting Club in Franklin, Ohio. At the time
the MVWC was located in a building near the corner of River Street and
6th Street. Dues were $5.00 a month. The gym was run by a guys local
to the Franklin/Carlisle area.

That building was eventually condemned, though I had quit attending by
that time. The MVWC moved to another building ... which was
eventually condemned as well.

So, the members built a building -- around 1982 probably. As I recall
it happened while I was in college. Dues were $10.00 monthly.

At least some of the original members still lift there. My uncle
(almost 70 now) does. I stopped by to visit the place about 3 months
ago.

Members had keys and could come and go as they pleased -- so it was
sort of a 24-hour gym. When I was there recently they'd installed
cameras as someone was walking off with plates.