PDA

View Full Version : steam room at the gym

Gus
November 15th 04, 04:58 PM
My gym recently posted a new sign outside the sauna and steam rooms that
says that "out of consideration for others, a swimsuit is now required to be
worn in the sauna and steam rooms". WTF? I personally like to go in there
bare assed, sit on a towel and relax. Sitting around in a swimsuit or going
in my underwear just isn't the same.

Is it normal for a gym to require clothing in a steam room? What does your
gym require?

gman99
November 15th 04, 05:10 PM
"Gus" > wrote:
> My gym recently posted a new sign outside the sauna and steam rooms that
> says that "out of consideration for others, a swimsuit is now required to
> be worn in the sauna and steam rooms". WTF? I personally like to go in
> there bare assed, sit on a towel and relax. Sitting around in a swimsuit
> or going in my underwear just isn't the same.
>
> Is it normal for a gym to require clothing in a steam room? What does
> your gym require?

Only if it's co-ed...otherwise I've never seen or heard tell of it.

Kevin J. Coolidge
November 15th 04, 05:12 PM
"Gus" > wrote in message
> My gym recently posted a new sign outside the sauna and steam rooms that
> says that "out of consideration for others, a swimsuit is now required to
> be
> worn in the sauna and steam rooms". WTF? I personally like to go in
> there
> bare assed, sit on a towel and relax. Sitting around in a swimsuit or
> going
> in my underwear just isn't the same.
>
> Is it normal for a gym to require clothing in a steam room? What does
> your
> gym require?

never heard of such a thing as long as it's not co ed

John HUDSON
November 15th 04, 05:20 PM
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:58:19 GMT, "Gus" > wrote:

>My gym recently posted a new sign outside the sauna and steam rooms that
>says that "out of consideration for others, a swimsuit is now required to be
>worn in the sauna and steam rooms". WTF? I personally like to go in there
>bare assed, sit on a towel and relax. Sitting around in a swimsuit or going
>in my underwear just isn't the same.
>
>Is it normal for a gym to require clothing in a steam room? What does your
>gym require?

A little modesty at the very least.

If you want to mix with "bare assed" brownhatters for the purpose of
exposing yourself, then you might do better to try the Turkish baths,
which I understand caters for such distasteful mores!!

Per Elmsäter
November 15th 04, 07:09 PM
Gus wrote:
> My gym recently posted a new sign outside the sauna and steam rooms
> that says that "out of consideration for others, a swimsuit is now
> required to be worn in the sauna and steam rooms". WTF? I
> personally like to go in there bare assed, sit on a towel and relax.
> Sitting around in a swimsuit or going in my underwear just isn't the
> same.
>
> Is it normal for a gym to require clothing in a steam room? What
> does your gym require?

You might advise your gym that wearing a bathing suit in the sauna is far
more unhygienic than going bare assed.
Some of our bigger Saunas on this side of the pond have small rubber plates
to sit on. You pick them up in a stand at the door where there is also a
faucet to rinse them off with. This takes care of hygiene pretty well.

--
Perre
I gave up on SPAM and redirected it to hotmail instead.

Gus
November 15th 04, 07:31 PM
"Per Elmsäter" > wrote in message
> Gus wrote:
> > My gym recently posted a new sign outside the sauna and steam rooms
> > that says that "out of consideration for others, a swimsuit is now
> > required to be worn in the sauna and steam rooms". WTF? I
> > personally like to go in there bare assed, sit on a towel and relax.
> > Sitting around in a swimsuit or going in my underwear just isn't the
> > same.
> >
> > Is it normal for a gym to require clothing in a steam room? What
> > does your gym require?
>
> You might advise your gym that wearing a bathing suit in the sauna is far
> more unhygienic than going bare assed.
> Some of our bigger Saunas on this side of the pond have small rubber
plates
> to sit on. You pick them up in a stand at the door where there is also a
> faucet to rinse them off with. This takes care of hygiene pretty well.
> --
> Perre

why would wearing a suit be unhygienic? because of the even more moist
conditions from within the suit? I will have to bring that point up.
Thanks. I will also bring up that instead of requiring suits, they could
require that one sits on a rubber mat as you have or at the very least a
towel. That in my opinion is the big factor. the last thing I want is to
sit where some other poor slob just sat bare assed. Granted a towel isn't
much but at least it is some kind of barrier from the tile where a person of
unknown hygiene just sat.

frank
November 15th 04, 08:10 PM
i saw this type of a sign in san fran back in 1961. it didn't take much
imagination to figure it out. palm springs' golds gym had a steam room when
they opened their new gym in 1991, but took it out sometime later. too much
playing around in there.

"Gus" > wrote in message
> My gym recently posted a new sign outside the sauna and steam rooms that
> says that "out of consideration for others, a swimsuit is now required to
> be
> worn in the sauna and steam rooms". WTF? I personally like to go in
> there
> bare assed, sit on a towel and relax. Sitting around in a swimsuit or
> going
> in my underwear just isn't the same.
>
> Is it normal for a gym to require clothing in a steam room? What does
> your
> gym require?

Lurker
November 15th 04, 09:30 PM
frank wrote:
> i saw this type of a sign in san fran back in 1961. it didn't take much
> imagination to figure it out. palm springs' golds gym had a steam room when
> they opened their new gym in 1991, but took it out sometime later. too much
> playing around in there.

I really wish that you had kept that to yourself. Ughh! I am now quite
glad that my current gym does not have a steam room. Unless of course
you were talking co-ed?

Lurker (working hard to keep his lunch down)

The Gist
November 15th 04, 09:46 PM
Lurker wrote:
> frank wrote:
>
>> i saw this type of a sign in san fran back in 1961. it didn't take
>> much imagination to figure it out. palm springs' golds gym had a
>> steam room when they opened their new gym in 1991, but took it out
>> sometime later. too much playing around in there.
>

> I really wish that you had kept that to yourself. Ughh! I am now quite
> glad that my current gym does not have a steam room. Unless of course
> you were talking co-ed?
>
> Lurker (working hard to keep his lunch down)

Hmmm, what exactly is the correct thing to do when upon entering a steam
room you notice a couple of guys sucking each other off?

The Gist
November 15th 04, 09:47 PM
The Gist wrote:

> Lurker wrote:
>
>> frank wrote:
>>
>>> i saw this type of a sign in san fran back in 1961. it didn't take
>>> much imagination to figure it out. palm springs' golds gym had a
>>> steam room when they opened their new gym in 1991, but took it out
>>> sometime later. too much playing around in there.
>>

>> I really wish that you had kept that to yourself. Ughh! I am now quite
>> glad that my current gym does not have a steam room. Unless of course
>> you were talking co-ed?
>>
>> Lurker (working hard to keep his lunch down)
>

> Hmmm, what exactly is the correct thing to do when upon entering a steam
> room you notice a couple of guys sucking each other off?

Oh, wait, the answer is to tell them to put on a bathing suit!!

Lurker
November 15th 04, 09:49 PM
The Gist wrote:

> Lurker wrote:
>
>> frank wrote:
>>
>>> i saw this type of a sign in san fran back in 1961. it didn't take
>>> much imagination to figure it out. palm springs' golds gym had a
>>> steam room when they opened their new gym in 1991, but took it out
>>> sometime later. too much playing around in there.
>>

>> I really wish that you had kept that to yourself. Ughh! I am now quite
>> glad that my current gym does not have a steam room. Unless of course
>> you were talking co-ed?
>>
>> Lurker (working hard to keep his lunch down)
>

> Hmmm, what exactly is the correct thing to do when upon entering a steam
> room you notice a couple of guys sucking each other off?

Not gonna get involved in a discussion of proper action to take there,
but will suffice to say that where I am from/work we don't refer to
those sorts as "guys"

Lurker

Per Elmsäter
November 15th 04, 10:10 PM
Lurker wrote:
> The Gist wrote:
>
>> Lurker wrote:

>>> I really wish that you had kept that to yourself. Ughh! I am now
>>> quite glad that my current gym does not have a steam room. Unless
>>> of course you were talking co-ed?
>>>
>>> Lurker (working hard to keep his lunch down)
>>

>> Hmmm, what exactly is the correct thing to do when upon entering a
>> steam room you notice a couple of guys sucking each other off?
>>

> Not gonna get involved in a discussion of proper action to take there,
> but will suffice to say that where I am from/work we don't refer to
> those sorts as "guys"
>
> Lurker

And where I'm from we don't have any either. We exported them all to San
Francisco.

--
Perre
I gave up on SPAM and redirected it to hotmail instead.

Jim
November 15th 04, 11:48 PM
I like the steam room. But..indeed...I have noticed some gay guys there. One
time I walked in and this guy told be I had a nice body. I sat there feeling
weird then mentioned how much I like hanging out at the beach looking at the
babes. That shut him up..then I left.

Jim

Tom
November 16th 04, 02:06 AM
We got a sign like yours, nobody adheres to that rule though. I doubt the problem is guys being
naked, rather guys sitting on the tile without a towel. Fecal matter transfer isn't exactly
hygienic.

"Gus" > wrote in message ...
> My gym recently posted a new sign outside the sauna and steam rooms that
> says that "out of consideration for others, a swimsuit is now required to be
> worn in the sauna and steam rooms". WTF? I personally like to go in there
> bare assed, sit on a towel and relax. Sitting around in a swimsuit or going
> in my underwear just isn't the same.
>
> Is it normal for a gym to require clothing in a steam room? What does your
> gym require?

aj
November 16th 04, 03:42 AM
On 2004-11-15, Per Elmsäter > wrote:
> Lurker wrote:
>> The Gist wrote:

>>> Hmmm, what exactly is the correct thing to do when upon entering a
>>> steam room you notice a couple of guys sucking each other off?

A) "What the ****! This is a public steamroom! Go get a hotel!"

B) Just walk in and sit down like you don't care and start
up a conversation about the weather or some local news item.
(With any luck this will creep them out pretty bad)

>> Not gonna get involved in a discussion of proper action to take there,
>> but will suffice to say that where I am from/work we don't refer to
>> those sorts as "guys"
>>
>> Lurker
>
> And where I'm from we don't have any either. We exported them all to San
> Francisco.

BWahahahahahahahahahaha. Sure, keep telling yourself that.

--
-aj

John Hanson
November 16th 04, 06:18 AM
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:46:49 -0500, The Gist >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>Lurker wrote:
>> frank wrote:
>>
>>> i saw this type of a sign in san fran back in 1961. it didn't take
>>> much imagination to figure it out. palm springs' golds gym had a
>>> steam room when they opened their new gym in 1991, but took it out
>>> sometime later. too much playing around in there.
>>

>> I really wish that you had kept that to yourself. Ughh! I am now quite
>> glad that my current gym does not have a steam room. Unless of course
>> you were talking co-ed?
>>
>> Lurker (working hard to keep his lunch down)
>
>Hmmm, what exactly is the correct thing to do when upon entering a steam
>room you notice a couple of guys sucking each other off?

You tell this joke:

Two firemen were butt****ing in a smoke filled room. The chief walks
in and says, "what's going on here? Can't you see that that man needs
resuscitation?" The fireman on top says, "How do you think this got
started?"

Bob Falooley
November 16th 04, 04:04 PM
The Gist wrote:

> Lurker wrote:
>> frank wrote:
>>
>>> i saw this type of a sign in san fran back in 1961. it didn't take
>>> much imagination to figure it out. palm springs' golds gym had a
>>> steam room when they opened their new gym in 1991, but took it out
>>> sometime later. too much playing around in there.
>>

>> I really wish that you had kept that to yourself. Ughh! I am now quite
>> glad that my current gym does not have a steam room. Unless of course
>> you were talking co-ed?
>>
>> Lurker (working hard to keep his lunch down)
>
> Hmmm, what exactly is the correct thing to do when upon entering a steam
> room you notice a couple of guys sucking each other off?

Drop Kick?

--Falooley

Per Elmsäter
November 16th 04, 06:12 PM
aj wrote:
> On 2004-11-15, Per Elmsäter > wrote:
>> Lurker wrote:

> A) "What the ****! This is a public steamroom! Go get a hotel!"
>
> B) Just walk in and sit down like you don't care and start
> up a conversation about the weather or some local news item.
> (With any luck this will creep them out pretty bad)
>
>>> Not gonna get involved in a discussion of proper action to take
>>> there, but will suffice to say that where I am from/work we don't
>>> refer to those sorts as "guys"
>>>
>>> Lurker
>>
>> And where I'm from we don't have any either. We exported them all to
>> San Francisco.
>
> BWahahahahahahahahahaha. Sure, keep telling yourself that.

I keep telling it to all the Californians and that seem to make them move
there also :-)

--
Perre
I gave up on SPAM and redirected it to hotmail instead.

Lurker
November 16th 04, 06:59 PM
Bob Falooley wrote:

> The Gist wrote:
>

>>Lurker wrote:

>>>I really wish that you had kept that to yourself. Ughh! I am now quite
>>>glad that my current gym does not have a steam room. Unless of course
>>>you were talking co-ed?
>>>
>>>Lurker (working hard to keep his lunch down)
>>
>>Hmmm, what exactly is the correct thing to do when upon entering a steam
>>room you notice a couple of guys sucking each other off?
>

> Drop Kick?
>
> --Falooley

Hmmm, good answer, but that would require touching them. I am thinking
something more along the lines of the 'This one's faking he's dead' -
'He's dead now' thread. Guess I'll have to wear at least a shoulder
holster in.

Lurker

Seth Breidbart
December 2nd 04, 12:01 AM
In article >,
aj > wrote:

>A) "What the ****! This is a public steamroom! Go get a hotel!"
>
>B) Just walk in and sit down like you don't care and start
> up a conversation about the weather or some local news item.
> (With any luck this will creep them out pretty bad)

If you want to creep them out, give advice (or ratings).

Seth
--
When I'm telling you to get a life, it's time to consider suicide very
seriously. -- Lyle McDonald

Blair P. Houghton
December 2nd 04, 01:30 AM
Seth Breidbart > wrote:

>If you want to creep them out, give advice (or ratings).

"Either of you dudes got a sister?"

--Blair
"Hey, how's your mom?"