PDA

View Full Version : movie: "What the bleep do we know?"

bc
November 15th 04, 06:59 PM
I saw the movie this weekend. Suprisingly, I found it interesting and
thought provoking. I expected to feel massaged into a feeling of
wellness among all things, but the section on brain behavior, neural
nets, and peptides struck some chords about addictive behavior that
got me thinking.

I think I liked it because I was in just the right mood for it at the
time. It dumbed down some really interesting Quantum Mechanics stuff,
and overused the power of positive thinking, but I suspect that was
the intent in order to make it palatable to a wider audience.

I think probably NOVA's "The Elegant Universe" is a lot more
educational, but this one was more than I expected.

I found it's website - http://www.whatthebleep.com/

- bc

Lucas Buck
November 26th 04, 10:40 PM
On 15 Nov 2004 10:59:08 -0800, (bc) wrote:

>I saw the movie this weekend. Suprisingly, I found it interesting and
>thought provoking. I expected to feel massaged into a feeling of
>wellness among all things, but the section on brain behavior, neural
>nets, and peptides struck some chords about addictive behavior that
>got me thinking.
>
>I think I liked it because I was in just the right mood for it at the
>time. It dumbed down some really interesting Quantum Mechanics stuff,
>and overused the power of positive thinking, but I suspect that was
>the intent in order to make it palatable to a wider audience.
>
>I think probably NOVA's "The Elegant Universe" is a lot more
>educational, but this one was more than I expected.
>
>I found it's website - http://www.whatthebleep.com/
>
>- bc

Agreed on the thumbs-up. I could have done without JZ "Ramtha" Knight,
though.

And the infinite-possibilities theory means that in some reality, somewhere, I'm
having a threesome with Marlee Matlin and her blonde roommate.

bc
November 28th 04, 10:37 PM
Lucas Buck > wrote in message >...
> On 15 Nov 2004 10:59:08 -0800, (bc) wrote:
>
> >I saw the movie this weekend. Suprisingly, I found it interesting and
> >thought provoking. I expected to feel massaged into a feeling of
> >wellness among all things, but the section on brain behavior, neural
> >nets, and peptides struck some chords about addictive behavior that
> >got me thinking.
> >
> >I think I liked it because I was in just the right mood for it at the
> >time. It dumbed down some really interesting Quantum Mechanics stuff,
> >and overused the power of positive thinking, but I suspect that was
> >the intent in order to make it palatable to a wider audience.
> >
> >I think probably NOVA's "The Elegant Universe" is a lot more
> >educational, but this one was more than I expected.
> >
> >I found it's website - http://www.whatthebleep.com/
> >
> >- bc
>
> Agreed on the thumbs-up. I could have done without JZ "Ramtha" Knight,
> though.
>
> And the infinite-possibilities theory means that in some reality, somewhere, I'm
> having a threesome with Marlee Matlin and her blonde roommate.

It also means that in some other reality, somewhere else, Hudson and
Lyle are there too.

- bc