PDA

View Full Version : Help with Tremors?


Scott
November 15th 04, 08:05 PM
My doctor diagnosed me with a baseline tremor. I also have been
diagnosed in the past with hypoglycemia.

My problem is when I hold weight for an extended period (15+ seconds)
I begin to shake.

This has never bothered me so much, it doesn't interfer with my
lifting or daily life. But I recently took up a sport that requires me
to lift weight for extended periods of time and to hold steady. So now
it's becoming a problem I'd like to solve.

If anyone has any suggestions for what the root of the problem might
be and how I might be able to solve it, I would very much appreciate
your advice.

David Cohen
November 15th 04, 08:11 PM
"Scott" > wrote
> My doctor diagnosed me with a baseline tremor. I also have been
> diagnosed in the past with hypoglycemia.

Your doctor has "diagnosed" you with two symptoms?

I diagnose you with Crapus Medicus Syndrome. The cure is obvious.

David

geek_girl
November 16th 04, 12:27 AM
In .net> David Cohen
wrote:
>
> "Scott" > wrote
>> My doctor diagnosed me with a baseline tremor. I also have been
>> diagnosed in the past with hypoglycemia.
>
> Your doctor has "diagnosed" you with two symptoms?
>
> I diagnose you with Crapus Medicus Syndrome. The cure is obvious.

I got a "diagnosis" of "pharyngitis" a few weeks ago. Hey, it sounds all
medically n stuff, right?

David Cohen
November 16th 04, 12:33 AM
"geek_girl" > wrote
> David Cohen wrote:
>> "Scott" > wrote
>>> My doctor diagnosed me with a baseline tremor. I also have been
>>> diagnosed in the past with hypoglycemia.
>>
>> Your doctor has "diagnosed" you with two symptoms?
>>
>> I diagnose you with Crapus Medicus Syndrome. The cure is obvious.
>
> I got a "diagnosis" of "pharyngitis" a few weeks ago. Hey, it sounds all
> medically n stuff, right?

Better than pneumocephalus.

David

Dally
November 16th 04, 12:55 AM
David Cohen wrote:
> "Scott" > wrote
>
>>My doctor diagnosed me with a baseline tremor. I also have been
>>diagnosed in the past with hypoglycemia.
>
>
> Your doctor has "diagnosed" you with two symptoms?
>
> I diagnose you with Crapus Medicus Syndrome. The cure is obvious.

Go to a specialist in Crapus Medicus? May I recommend a homeopathic one?

Dally, "take two placebos and call me in the morning"

Steve Freides
November 16th 04, 02:30 AM
"Scott" > wrote in message
om...
> My doctor diagnosed me with a baseline tremor. I also have been
> diagnosed in the past with hypoglycemia.
>
> My problem is when I hold weight for an extended period (15+ seconds)
> I begin to shake.
>
> This has never bothered me so much, it doesn't interfer with my
> lifting or daily life. But I recently took up a sport that requires me
> to lift weight for extended periods of time and to hold steady. So now
> it's becoming a problem I'd like to solve.

What sport? Cheerleading? I can't think of another sport that requires
this sort of lifting except maybe some sort of Strongman thing.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

> If anyone has any suggestions for what the root of the problem might
> be and how I might be able to solve it, I would very much appreciate
> your advice.

Decorum
November 16th 04, 05:23 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
. net...
>
> "geek_girl" > wrote
>> David Cohen wrote:
>>> "Scott" > wrote
>>>> My doctor diagnosed me with a baseline tremor. I also have been
>>>> diagnosed in the past with hypoglycemia.
>>>
>>> Your doctor has "diagnosed" you with two symptoms?
>>>
>>> I diagnose you with Crapus Medicus Syndrome. The cure is obvious.
>>
>> I got a "diagnosis" of "pharyngitis" a few weeks ago. Hey, it sounds all
>> medically n stuff, right?
>
> Better than pneumocephalus.
>
> David
>

better than a tumah, too

whit

Scott
November 16th 04, 06:36 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message .net>...
> "Scott" > wrote
> > My doctor diagnosed me with a baseline tremor. I also have been
> > diagnosed in the past with hypoglycemia.
>
> Your doctor has "diagnosed" you with two symptoms?
>
> I diagnose you with Crapus Medicus Syndrome. The cure is obvious.
>
> David


So you don't anything helpful to offer?

David Cohen
November 16th 04, 07:12 AM
"Scott" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote
>> "Scott" > wrote
>> > My doctor diagnosed me with a baseline tremor. I also have been
>> > diagnosed in the past with hypoglycemia.
>>
>> Your doctor has "diagnosed" you with two symptoms?
>>
>> I diagnose you with Crapus Medicus Syndrome. The cure is obvious.
>>
>> David
>
>
> So you don't anything helpful to offer?

Well, I've alrady told you that you have a crappy doctor that would
"diagnose' with two symptoms instead of an actual cause, and advised you to
find another doctor, so, you're correct, I have nothing helpful to offer.

Enjoy the "baseline tremor".

****ing moron.

David

Slambram
November 16th 04, 08:19 AM
On 15 Nov 2004 12:05:54 -0800, (Scott) wrote:

>My doctor diagnosed me with a baseline tremor. I also have been
>diagnosed in the past with hypoglycemia.
>
>My problem is when I hold weight for an extended period (15+ seconds)
>I begin to shake.
>

Doesn't this happen to everyone if the weight is heavy enough?

Paul Cassel
November 16th 04, 02:35 PM
Scott wrote:
> "David Cohen" > wrote in message .net>...
>
>>"Scott" > wrote
>>
>>>My doctor diagnosed me with a baseline tremor. I also have been
>>>diagnosed in the past with hypoglycemia.
>>
>>Your doctor has "diagnosed" you with two symptoms?
>>
>>I diagnose you with Crapus Medicus Syndrome. The cure is obvious.
>>
>>David
>
>
>
> So you don't anything helpful to offer?

I do and so did David. Go back to your doctor and ask for his diagnosis.
What you posted here were symptoms. After you get the diagnosis, post
again.

-paul

Geezer From The Freezer
November 16th 04, 03:17 PM
Slambram wrote:
>
> On 15 Nov 2004 12:05:54 -0800, (Scott) wrote:
>
> >My doctor diagnosed me with a baseline tremor. I also have been
> >diagnosed in the past with hypoglycemia.
> >
> >My problem is when I hold weight for an extended period (15+ seconds)
> >I begin to shake.
> >
>
> Doesn't this happen to everyone if the weight is heavy enough?

yep it does for me!!!

Scott
November 16th 04, 04:27 PM
"Steve Freides" > wrote in message >...
> "Scott" > wrote in message
> om...
> > My doctor diagnosed me with a baseline tremor. I also have been
> > diagnosed in the past with hypoglycemia.
> >
> > My problem is when I hold weight for an extended period (15+ seconds)
> > I begin to shake.
> >
> > This has never bothered me so much, it doesn't interfer with my
> > lifting or daily life. But I recently took up a sport that requires me
> > to lift weight for extended periods of time and to hold steady. So now
> > it's becoming a problem I'd like to solve.
>
> What sport? Cheerleading? I can't think of another sport that requires
> this sort of lifting except maybe some sort of Strongman thing.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Cheerleading, give the man a cigar. It doesn't
inspire confidence in a flyer when her base is shaking. I really wish
I could do something about it, as I want do more partner stunting,
like tossing to hands. It's not a strength issue, I can easily lift
the 105-120 lbs flyers.

Steve Freides
November 16th 04, 05:15 PM
"Scott" > wrote in message
om...
> "Steve Freides" > wrote in message
> >...
>> "Scott" > wrote in message
>> om...
>> > My doctor diagnosed me with a baseline tremor. I also have been
>> > diagnosed in the past with hypoglycemia.
>> >
>> > My problem is when I hold weight for an extended period (15+
>> > seconds)
>> > I begin to shake.
>> >
>> > This has never bothered me so much, it doesn't interfer with my
>> > lifting or daily life. But I recently took up a sport that requires
>> > me
>> > to lift weight for extended periods of time and to hold steady. So
>> > now
>> > it's becoming a problem I'd like to solve.
>>
>> What sport? Cheerleading? I can't think of another sport that
>> requires
>> this sort of lifting except maybe some sort of Strongman thing.
>
> Ding! Ding! Ding! Cheerleading, give the man a cigar. It doesn't
> inspire confidence in a flyer when her base is shaking. I really wish
> I could do something about it, as I want do more partner stunting,
> like tossing to hands. It's not a strength issue, I can easily lift
> the 105-120 lbs flyers.

I suggest you follow the time-honored strategy of training for your
sport by breaking down it into component parts, working the different
aspects, and trying to make some progress that way. For you, a good
start would be holding much lighter things overhead for as long or
longer than your sport requires and concentrating on not shaking. Try
to keep your shoulders down - don't spend more energy than you need to
keep the weight overhead. Endurance is a tough thing to build and, just
like a runner might sometimes cover his race distance or longer in
training but at a slower speed, you need to spend the time necessary or
even more but with a lighter load. I'd also hit it from the other
side - training with a heavier weight but for much less time because
increasing your limit strength may help your performance as well.

Another thing you might look into is your flexibility. I think being
more flexible in the upper back and shoulders would help something like
this. Consider the overhead squat - that might do a lot of what you
need in one movement.

Hope those suggestions are of some help to you.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Lucas Buck
November 25th 04, 12:02 AM
On 16 Nov 2004 08:27:52 -0800, (Scott) wrote:

>"Steve Freides" > wrote in message >...
>> "Scott" > wrote in message
>> om...
>> > My doctor diagnosed me with a baseline tremor. I also have been
>> > diagnosed in the past with hypoglycemia.
>> >
>> > My problem is when I hold weight for an extended period (15+ seconds)
>> > I begin to shake.
>> >
>> > This has never bothered me so much, it doesn't interfer with my
>> > lifting or daily life. But I recently took up a sport that requires me
>> > to lift weight for extended periods of time and to hold steady. So now
>> > it's becoming a problem I'd like to solve.
>>
>> What sport? Cheerleading? I can't think of another sport that requires
>> this sort of lifting except maybe some sort of Strongman thing.
>
>Ding! Ding! Ding! Cheerleading, give the man a cigar. It doesn't
>inspire confidence in a flyer when her base is shaking.

I LIKE it when a cheerleader's base is shaking.