PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Jane!

Jim
November 16th 04, 02:37 AM
Its been done a hundred times... Lou said the best was Cowboy Junkies.
Damn..I agree.

Jim

spodosaurus
November 16th 04, 11:35 AM
Jim wrote:
> Its been done a hundred times... Lou said the best was Cowboy Junkies.
> Damn..I agree.
>
> Jim

I agree, too. I liked the way they performed it.

neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

November 16th 04, 12:14 PM
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:37:14 -0500, "Jim" > wrote:

>Its been done a hundred times... Lou said the best was Cowboy Junkies.
>Damn..I agree.
>
>Jim

http://lyrics.rare-lyrics.com/L/Lou-Reed/Sweet-Jane.html

"Sweet Jane"
Lou Reed
Velvet Underground

Standing on the corner, suitcase in my hand,
Jack is in his corset, and Jane is in her vest, and, me,
I'm in a rock'n'roll band. Huh!
Ridin' in a Stutz-Bearcat, Jim
Y'know, those were different times!
Oh, all the poet, they studied rules of verse,
And the ladies, they rolled their eyes.
Sweet Jane! Whoa! Sweet Jane, oh-oh-a! Sweet Jane!
I'll tell you something,
Jack, he is a banker,
And Jane, she is a clerk.
Both of them save their monies, ha,
And when, when they come home from work!
Ooh! Sittin' down by the fire, oh!
The radio does play,
The classical music there, Jim.
"The March of the Wooden Soldiers".
All you protest kids.
You can hear Jack say, get ready, ah,
Sweet Jane! Come on baby! Sweet Jane! Oh-oh-a! Sweet Jane!
Some people, they like to go out dancing,
And other peoples, they have to work. Just watch me now!
And there's even some evil mothers,
Well they're gonna tell you that everything is just dirt.
Y'know that, women, never really faint,
And that villains always blink their eyes, woo!
And that, y'know, children are the only ones who blush!
And that, life is, just to die!
And, everyone who ever had a heart, oh,
That wouldn't turn around and break it.
And anyone who ever played a part, whoa,
And wouldn't turn around and hate it!
Sweet Jane! Whoa-oh-oh! Sweet Jane! Sweet Jane. Sweet Jane.
Sweet Jane. Sweet Jane.

Jim
November 19th 04, 12:16 AM
> wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:37:14 -0500, "Jim" > wrote:
>
>>Its been done a hundred times... Lou said the best was Cowboy Junkies.
>>Damn..I agree.
>>
>>Jim
>
> http://lyrics.rare-lyrics.com/L/Lou-Reed/Sweet-Jane.html
>
> "Sweet Jane"
> Lou Reed
> Velvet Underground
>
> Standing on the corner, suitcase in my hand,
> Jack is in his corset, and Jane is in her vest, and, me,
> I'm in a rock'n'roll band. Huh!
> Ridin' in a Stutz-Bearcat, Jim
> Y'know, those were different times!
> Oh, all the poet, they studied rules of verse,
> And the ladies, they rolled their eyes.
> Sweet Jane! Whoa! Sweet Jane, oh-oh-a! Sweet Jane!
> I'll tell you something,
> Jack, he is a banker,
> And Jane, she is a clerk.
> Both of them save their monies, ha,
> And when, when they come home from work!
> Ooh! Sittin' down by the fire, oh!
> The radio does play,
> The classical music there, Jim.
> "The March of the Wooden Soldiers".
> All you protest kids.
> You can hear Jack say, get ready, ah,
> Sweet Jane! Come on baby! Sweet Jane! Oh-oh-a! Sweet Jane!
> Some people, they like to go out dancing,
> And other peoples, they have to work. Just watch me now!
> And there's even some evil mothers,
> Well they're gonna tell you that everything is just dirt.
> Y'know that, women, never really faint,
> And that villains always blink their eyes, woo!
> And that, y'know, children are the only ones who blush!
> And that, life is, just to die!
> And, everyone who ever had a heart, oh,
> That wouldn't turn around and break it.
> And anyone who ever played a part, whoa,
> And wouldn't turn around and hate it!
> Sweet Jane! Whoa-oh-oh! Sweet Jane! Sweet Jane. Sweet Jane.
> Sweet Jane. Sweet Jane.

Reminds me..I read some Dylan song just got voted best rock song of all
time. Maybe so..I like Dylan..but think Sweet Jane or Rock and Roll by The
Velvets take top honor. Oh ****..depending on my mood..there are hundreds.
"More than a Feeling" by Boston is surely one that never gets old. The
amazing progression of Delps vocals and Sholtzs guitar defined a sound.

Jim

geek_girl
November 19th 04, 01:10 AM
In > Jim wrote:

> Reminds me..I read some Dylan song just got voted best rock song of
> all time. Maybe so..I like Dylan..but think Sweet Jane or Rock and
> Roll by The Velvets take top honor.

I completely agree with you.

Excuse me, I'm going to go kill myself now.

Jim
November 19th 04, 01:13 AM
"geek_girl" > wrote in message
> In > Jim wrote:
>>
>> Reminds me..I read some Dylan song just got voted best rock song of
>> all time. Maybe so..I like Dylan..but think Sweet Jane or Rock and
>> Roll by The Velvets take top honor.
>
> I completely agree with you.
>
> Excuse me, I'm going to go kill myself now.

Uh..please wait on that and send me a pic first.

http://suicidegirls.com/

Jim

Vin
November 19th 04, 02:36 AM
geek_girl > wrote in message
> In > Jim wrote:
> >
> > Reminds me..I read some Dylan song just got voted best rock song of
> > all time. Maybe so..I like Dylan..but think Sweet Jane or Rock and
> > Roll by The Velvets take top honor.
>
> I completely agree with you.
>
> Excuse me, I'm going to go kill myself now.

i wonder where "born to run" placed. that should be top 5 imnsho

whit

Jim
November 19th 04, 02:42 AM
"Vin" > wrote in message
k.net...

> geek_girl > wrote in message
>> In > Jim wrote:
>> >
>> > Reminds me..I read some Dylan song just got voted best rock song of
>> > all time. Maybe so..I like Dylan..but think Sweet Jane or Rock and
>> > Roll by The Velvets take top honor.
>>
>> I completely agree with you.
>>
>> Excuse me, I'm going to go kill myself now.
>
> i wonder where "born to run" placed. that should be top 5 imnsho
>
> whit

right now I'm wondering why my new printer doesnt have a USB cord with
it..dammit..I had work to do tonite and I dont seem to have an extra cord.
Anyways..great song...Born to Run..my fav Springsteen is The River and
Tunnel of Love.

Jim

Lucas Buck
November 19th 04, 10:25 AM
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 02:36:53 GMT, "Vin" > wrote:

>geek_girl > wrote in message
>> In > Jim wrote:
>> >
>> > Reminds me..I read some Dylan song just got voted best rock song of
>> > all time. Maybe so..I like Dylan..but think Sweet Jane or Rock and
>> > Roll by The Velvets take top honor.
>>
>> I completely agree with you.
>>
>> Excuse me, I'm going to go kill myself now.
>
>i wonder where "born to run" placed. that should be top 5 imnsho
>
>whit

It finished right behind Leonard Nimoy doing "Bilbo Baggins".

Keith
November 19th 04, 04:17 PM
"Jim" > wrote in message >...
> Its been done a hundred times... Lou said the best was Cowboy Junkies.
> Damn..I agree.
>
> Jim

As much as I love the Cowboy Junkie's version of Sweet Jane, the one
time I saw them live I swear it was the most upbeat song thay played.

zzzzzzzz...

Neil Gendzwill
November 19th 04, 05:00 PM
Keith wrote:
> As much as I love the Cowboy Junkie's version of Sweet Jane, the one
> time I saw them live I swear it was the most upbeat song thay played.

There's a BBC Live recording of them where they play quite an upbeat
version of that song, very different from the record. Excellent.

They do some other really cool covers - a complete reworking of Blue
Moon called Blue Moon Revisited, plus some Townes Van Zandt tunes (Lost
That Driving Wheel comes to mind). Their originals are wonderful too.

As far as the zzzzz goes... I guess milage really does vary. I've seen
them live 4 or 5 times now, and they are one of the best bands I've ever
seen. The whole show is much more dynamic than you would expect,
although you're not paying to see Marilyn Manson here. Margo is
effortlessly charming and gorgeous. She sings her ass off live, often
dumping that whole muted vibe and opening up to show that she really
does have quite the set of pipes. The warmth and tone of her voice live
is incredible - if she gives you chills on record, live is another
level. Also her brother is one hell of an inventive and cool guitar
player - he's all about rhythm and tone. He also writes all the
original songs.

Neil

Bob Mann
November 20th 04, 01:10 AM
On 19 Nov 2004 08:17:24 -0800, (Keith) wrote:

>"Jim" > wrote in message >...
>> Its been done a hundred times... Lou said the best was Cowboy Junkies.
>> Damn..I agree.
>>
>> Jim
>
>As much as I love the Cowboy Junkie's version of Sweet Jane, the one
>time I saw them live I swear it was the most upbeat song thay played.
>
>zzzzzzzz...

I think they invented the word soporific.
Saw them on Austin City Limits once. <yawn>
--
Bob Mann
Help save trees. Wipe your ass with an owl.

Jim
November 20th 04, 10:19 PM
"Bob Mann" > wrote in message
> On 19 Nov 2004 08:17:24 -0800, (Keith) wrote:
>
>>"Jim" > wrote in message
>>> Its been done a hundred times... Lou said the best was Cowboy Junkies.
>>> Damn..I agree.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>
>>As much as I love the Cowboy Junkie's version of Sweet Jane, the one
>>time I saw them live I swear it was the most upbeat song thay played.
>>
>>zzzzzzzz...
>
> I think they invented the word soporific.
> Saw them on Austin City Limits once. <yawn>

I saw Robert Plant on Austin City Limits about a year ago. Weird **** ...it
was good.

Jim