PDA

View Full Version : Want an old Nautilus neck machine

news.west.cox.net
November 16th 04, 03:04 AM
I want an old nautilus (1st generation,) 4 way neck machine. I have been
scouring the web without much success. I have to find something in the
Western half of the country or shipping will eat me alive. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill

Lee Michaels
November 16th 04, 03:25 AM
"news.west.cox.net" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I want an old nautilus (1st generation,) 4 way neck machine. I have been
> scouring the web without much success. I have to find something in the
> Western half of the country or shipping will eat me alive. Any
suggestions?

> Thanks,
>
> Bill

I would search for commercial gym equipment dealers who sell used equipment.
And there are also dealers who only sell/rehab used equipment. I have seen
some original nautilus equipment on their sites.

I have dealt with these folk before. They all have used, dusty peices of
equipment sitting in a warehouse somewhere. They are often ready to deal
too. Particularly if it has been sitting around very long.

As Straight As Tom Cruise
November 16th 04, 09:06 AM
I feel your pain. This was (is) a FANTASTIC piece of equipment...I rue the day
Gold's/Venice got rid of theirs...the plate loaded one sucks by comparison...
-------------------------
"All men shall be my slaves! All women shall succumb to my charms! All mankind
shall grovel at my feet and not know why!"
--L. Ron Hubbard--

Bill MacLean
November 21st 04, 06:30 AM
Searching for dealers is a good idea. I'll let you know what I find. I
would also like to find one of the old nautilus rotary neck machines.

To As Straight As Tom Cruise: I agree that the plate-loaded version is much
less satisfactory than the selectorized version of the machine with a cam.
However, I none of the gyms in Phoenix, AZ (that I know of) even have a
plate loaded version. I have talked to a lot of gym employees about their
lack of neck machines. I invariably get some odd partial answer like "well,
you have to be careful of the neck . . ." that implies neck machines are
somehow dangerous.

Here's what I think has happened: Lawyers have scared insurance companies
about neck exercises. Result: gyms dump their neck equipment, and no one
gets the neck exercise they should have. In their bid for "safety", the
lawyers have probably made things more dangerous for kids in contact sports
like football. Of course, the majority of lawyers are pencil neck geeks
anyway, so their crusade to get rid of neck machines could just be jealously
:)

Thanks,

Bill

"news.west.cox.net" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I want an old nautilus (1st generation,) 4 way neck machine. I have been
> scouring the web without much success. I have to find something in the
> Western half of the country or shipping will eat me alive. Any
suggestions?

> Thanks,
>
> Bill

ROB
November 22nd 04, 01:16 AM
"news.west.cox.net" > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I want an old nautilus (1st generation,) 4 way neck machine. I have been
> scouring the web without much success. I have to find something in the
> Western half of the country or shipping will eat me alive. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill

There was one on Ebay about a week ago. Keep an eye out there for old
equipment. That's where I've been getting mine at. The BLOWFLEX is on
there right now so I can afford some REAL weight training equipment.
Y'all were right, they suck big time, but it did get us off our lazy
asses and back to working out.
I got a Continental hack squat/ leg extension on there for $25
because it was missing the rods for the weights. I'm a machinist by
trade so making the parts was no problem. There are good bargains
there, you just gotta look for them.
All good medicine,
GREENFEATHER