Ya probably,typical.
Ever think of dumping the bitch?

Jim

Top Sirloin
November 16th 04, 04:32 AM
iggy wrote:

We didn't need you anyway, slacker.

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com

iggy
November 16th 04, 04:34 AM
thanks brother
"Top Sirloin" > wrote in message
> iggy wrote:
>
> We didn't need you anyway, slacker.
>
> --
> Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com

iggy
November 16th 04, 04:35 AM
Thaks for the input. I go to get my **** together.

Take care.

"Jim" > wrote in message

> "iggy" > wrote in message
> news:w4fmd.232684$%[email protected]
>> My sixteen year old son hates me.
>>
>> My wife thinks I am a loser.
>>
>> I hate my job.
>>
>> Maybe I need more cardio.
>
> Ya probably,typical.
> Ever think of dumping the bitch?
>
> Jim

John M. Williams
November 16th 04, 04:41 AM
"iggy" > wrote:

>My sixteen year old son hates me.
>
>My wife thinks I am a loser.
>
>I hate my job.
>
>Maybe I need more cardio.

Or a good SNRI.

User
November 16th 04, 04:43 AM
Sleep on it man and see how you feel in the morning.

Larry Hodges
November 16th 04, 07:01 AM
John M. Williams wrote:
> "iggy" > wrote:
>
>> My sixteen year old son hates me.
>>
>> My wife thinks I am a loser.
>>
>> I hate my job.
>>
>> Maybe I need more cardio.
>
> Or a good SNRI.

Slutty Nasty Retired Ironworker?
--
-Larry
Canada...leading the world in being just north of the United States.

John M. Williams
November 16th 04, 08:30 AM
"Larry Hodges" > wrote:

>John M. Williams wrote:
>> "iggy" > wrote:
>>
>>> My sixteen year old son hates me.
>>>
>>> My wife thinks I am a loser.
>>>
>>> I hate my job.
>>>
>>> Maybe I need more cardio.
>>
>> Or a good SNRI.
>
>Slutty Nasty Retired Ironworker?

Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor.

But the ironworker might adjust his attitude, too.

Top Sirloin
November 16th 04, 05:09 PM
iggy wrote:

> thanks brother

You're welcome. Now go read:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0786881852/qid=1100628455/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/102-6035437-8224943?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

http://tinyurl.com/3mjce

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com

Dally
November 16th 04, 06:15 PM
iggy wrote:

> My sixteen year old son hates me.

He's supposed to hate you. He's trying to figure out who he is. So far
all he has figured out is "not Dad." It is an important developmental
step. He won't always hate you.

> My wife thinks I am a loser.

And you don't like her sometimes, either. Learn to live within your
limitations or change things so they work better for you.

> I hate my job.

Sorry. May I point out that there's a reason you get paid for this?

I often notice that people who are unhappy in one arena are unhappy in
other arenas of their life. Can you work on just one issue at a time?

> Maybe I need more cardio.

There you go. Find something to do that makes you happy, where people
don't hate you or think you're a loser. Going out running by a pond,
going for a bike ride with friends (or making friends in a bike club) or
even just having some quiet time in a pool doing laps... all of this is
good stuff.

Good luck.

Dally

iggy
November 17th 04, 09:57 AM
Thanks.

"Dally" > wrote in message
> iggy wrote:
>
>> My sixteen year old son hates me.
>
> He's supposed to hate you. He's trying to figure out who he is. So far
> all he has figured out is "not Dad." It is an important developmental
> step. He won't always hate you.
>
>> My wife thinks I am a loser.
>
> And you don't like her sometimes, either. Learn to live within your
> limitations or change things so they work better for you.
>
>> I hate my job.
>
> Sorry. May I point out that there's a reason you get paid for this?
>
> I often notice that people who are unhappy in one arena are unhappy in
> other arenas of their life. Can you work on just one issue at a time?
>
>> Maybe I need more cardio.
>
> There you go. Find something to do that makes you happy, where people
> don't hate you or think you're a loser. Going out running by a pond,
> going for a bike ride with friends (or making friends in a bike club) or
> even just having some quiet time in a pool doing laps... all of this is
> good stuff.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Dally

billydee
November 18th 04, 11:46 PM
"iggy" > wrote in message news:<w4fmd.232684$%[email protected]>...
> My sixteen year old son hates me.
>
> My wife thinks I am a loser.
>
> I hate my job.
>
> Maybe I need more cardio.
>
> "iggy" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]

You just described half of America there. Buck up little camper. Life
ain't all that bad.

Jim
November 19th 04, 02:06 AM
"billydee" > wrote in message
om...
> "iggy" > wrote in message
> news:<w4fmd.232684$%[email protected]>...
>> My sixteen year old son hates me.
>>
>> My wife thinks I am a loser.
>>
>> I hate my job.
>>
>> Maybe I need more cardio.
>>
>> "iggy" > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> >

> You just described half of America there. Buck up little camper. Life
> ain't all that bad.

I hate to imagine my 16 year old hating me. I have a good relationship with
my teenage kids and always have. I'm not bragging..but it is one thing I am
proud of. I'm a total ****up in other ways.

Jim

Dally
November 19th 04, 03:17 AM
Jim wrote:
> "billydee" > wrote in message
> om...
>
>>"iggy" > wrote in message
>>news:<w4fmd.232684$%[email protected]>...
>>
>>>My sixteen year old son hates me.
>>>
>>>My wife thinks I am a loser.
>>>
>>>I hate my job.
>>>
>>>Maybe I need more cardio.
>>>
>>>"iggy" > wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]
>>>

>>You just described half of America there. Buck up little camper. Life
>>ain't all that bad.
>

> I hate to imagine my 16 year old hating me. I have a good relationship with
> my teenage kids and always have. I'm not bragging..but it is one thing I am
> proud of. I'm a total ****up in other ways.

I suspect that having a good relationship with teen-aged children is a
version of being a ****up. You're not SUPPOSED to be their buddy.

Dally

Jim
November 19th 04, 03:23 AM
"Dally" > wrote in message
> Jim wrote:
>> "billydee" > wrote in message
>> om...
>>
>>>"iggy" > wrote in message
>>>news:<w4fmd.232684$%[email protected]>...

>>>You just described half of America there. Buck up little camper. Life
>>>ain't all that bad.
>>

>> I hate to imagine my 16 year old hating me. I have a good relationship
>> with my teenage kids and always have. I'm not bragging..but it is one
>> thing I am proud of. I'm a total ****up in other ways.
>
> I suspect that having a good relationship with teen-aged children is a
> version of being a ****up. You're not SUPPOSED to be their buddy.
>
> Dally

I hear ya...but I really do. I'm a bit different. I also changed alot of
diapers.

Jim

Keith Hobman
November 19th 04, 04:00 AM
In article >, Dally > wrote:

> Jim wrote:
> > "billydee" > wrote in message
> > om...
> >
> >>"iggy" > wrote in message
> >>news:<w4fmd.232684$%[email protected]>...

> >>You just described half of America there. Buck up little camper. Life
> >>ain't all that bad.
> >

> > I hate to imagine my 16 year old hating me. I have a good relationship with
> > my teenage kids and always have. I'm not bragging..but it is one thing I am
> > proud of. I'm a total ****up in other ways.
>
> I suspect that having a good relationship with teen-aged children is a
> version of being a ****up. You're not SUPPOSED to be their buddy.

Bull****. You can have a good relationship without being a buddy. I've
never been a buddy to my kids, but we have always had good relationships.

Dally
November 19th 04, 06:17 AM
Keith Hobman wrote:
> In article >, Dally > wrote:
>
>>Jim wrote:
>>
>>>I hate to imagine my 16 year old hating me. I have a good relationship with
>>>my teenage kids and always have. I'm not bragging..but it is one thing I am
>>>proud of. I'm a total ****up in other ways.
>>
>>I suspect that having a good relationship with teen-aged children is a
>>version of being a ****up. You're not SUPPOSED to be their buddy.
>
> Bull****. You can have a good relationship without being a buddy. I've
> never been a buddy to my kids, but we have always had good relationships.

Fair enough. I guess I don't know what "good relationship" means to a
particular person. My teen-aged daughter has no interest in hanging out
with me (beyond my obvious utility as a chauffeur.) But she doesn't
seem likely to murder me in the night and she occasionally even
remembers not to use karate to block me when I try to hug or kiss her.
Good enough for me.

In the case of an non-custodial parent, having a "good relationship"
might mean being fun to be around... but since the parent is not making
any demands on them (and maybe showering gifts on them out of guilt or a
reasonable urge to make rare time together be fun) then a "good
relationship" and a "parenting relationship" aren't the same thing. I
don't know what Jim's story is.

I really think there's a common developmental step of identifying your
same-sex parent's flaws and being outraged that they exist at all
(aren't parents supposed to be PERFECT?) and keying on how you want to
be a different person that your role model/parent. And along with this
comes a lot of acting out at the parent. I'm not saying every teen does
this, but enough do it so I'm not surprised if a 16 year old acts like
he hates his Dad. It's neither weird nor permanent.

Dally

bc
November 19th 04, 04:58 PM
(Keith Hobman) wrote in message >...
> In article >, Dally > wrote:
>
> > Jim wrote:
> > > "billydee" > wrote in message
> > > om...

> > > I hate to imagine my 16 year old hating me. I have a good relationship with
> > > my teenage kids and always have. I'm not bragging..but it is one thing I am
> > > proud of. I'm a total ****up in other ways.
> >
> > I suspect that having a good relationship with teen-aged children is a
> > version of being a ****up. You're not SUPPOSED to be their buddy.
> >

> Bull****. You can have a good relationship without being a buddy. I've
> never been a buddy to my kids, but we have always had good relationships.

I think that's what Dally said too.

Having a good relationship is being involved. It's give and take.
Sometimes, you have to show your kids that you know you're not perfect
either, and you can even use their input on something. I remember my
dad working on a gutter with a hole in it. He had a very good idea
how he wanted to fix it, but he turned to me first and asked, "Any
ideas on what I should do here?" He did that a lot, even though he
was one of the smartest and most broadly educated people I've ever
met.

- bc

Jim Ranieri
November 20th 04, 04:48 AM
"Usenet Posting" > wrote in message
> On 18 Nov 2004 15:46:12 -0800, (billydee)
> wrote:
>
> >"iggy" > wrote in message
news:<w4fmd.232684$%[email protected]>...
> >> My sixteen year old son hates me.
> >>
> >> My wife thinks I am a loser.
> >>
> >> I hate my job.
> >>
> >> Maybe I need more cardio.
> >>
> >> "iggy" > wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]
> >> >

> >You just described half of America there. Buck up little camper. Life
> >ain't all that bad.
>
> About 1/2 good and 1/2 bad, across the board. It is almost this way
> out of necessity because how would you even know good without bad?
> This life is designed to balance suffering with pleasure. Kinda like
> a sick torture RPG. "Keep your player's misery meter in the middle of
> the range. Too high and he will wander into traffic and get killed
> and too low may cause lead poisoning".

Yes, the whole yin-yang thing. Although when one is in the depths of a long
run of yin (or is it yang?) it can be hard to believe it will ever end.

Jim Ranieri
November 20th 04, 02:12 PM
"Usenet Posting" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:48:09 -0600, "Jim Ranieri"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Usenet Posting" > wrote in message

> >news:<w4fmd.232684$%[email protected]>...

> >> About 1/2 good and 1/2 bad, across the board. It is almost this way
> >> out of necessity because how would you even know good without bad?
> >> This life is designed to balance suffering with pleasure. Kinda like
> >> a sick torture RPG. "Keep your player's misery meter in the middle of
> >> the range. Too high and he will wander into traffic and get killed
> >> and too low may cause lead poisoning".
> >>

> >Yes, the whole yin-yang thing. Although when one is in the depths of a
long
> >run of yin (or is it yang?) it can be hard to believe it will ever end.
> >

> For fun,
>
> Imagine God built you to suffer because even The Man himself needs
> contrasts to know his own greatness. So a physical body of
> extraordinary complexity was created and individuations of the
> greatness of God were placed in each one. Thus God can experience
> every form of imperfection, suffering, and ********dness all the while
> reveling in His own perfection.
>
> Not exactly the Book of John but I find it a more satisfying
> philosophy. God loves you, bah.

Jim Ranieri
November 20th 04, 02:18 PM
"Jim Ranieri" > wrote in message

> "Usenet Posting" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:48:09 -0600, "Jim Ranieri"
> > > wrote:

> > >news:<w4fmd.232684$%[email protected]>...

Life

> > >Yes, the whole yin-yang thing. Although when one is in the depths of a
> long
> > >run of yin (or is it yang?) it can be hard to believe it will ever end.
> > >

> > For fun,
> >
> > Imagine God built you to suffer because even The Man himself needs
> > contrasts to know his own greatness. So a physical body of
> > extraordinary complexity was created and individuations of the
> > greatness of God were placed in each one. Thus God can experience
> > every form of imperfection, suffering, and ********dness all the while
> > reveling in His own perfection.
> >
> > Not exactly the Book of John but I find it a more satisfying
> > philosophy. God loves you, bah.

That's pretty heavy. I think the words of John Fogerty are more useful in
coping with day to day misery: "Life is just a rodeo, The trick is to ride
and make it to the bell. ... "