PDA

View Full Version : Joining a gym

Vee One
November 16th 04, 06:14 AM
I am around 85 KG's, and I want to lose some man boobs, and get a bit of
muscle on me, nothing like Mr Universe , just some muscle instaed of flab.

If I join a gym, I might be able to put in 3 sessions a week, at an hour or
so.

Will I get results from this, or am I wasting my money ?

Advice needed.
Thanxs

John HUDSON
November 16th 04, 08:42 AM
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:14:24 +1000, "Vee One" >
wrote:

>I am around 85 KG's, and I want to lose some man boobs, and get a bit of
>muscle on me, nothing like Mr Universe , just some muscle instaed of flab.
>
>If I join a gym, I might be able to put in 3 sessions a week, at an hour or
>so.
>
>Will I get results from this, or am I wasting my money ?

You will get a reduction in body fat if you commence a three days a
week exercise regime, and combine it with a reduction in calorie
consumption.

Don't expect to build muscle while doing that, but look forward to the
joys of seeing the muscles you already have becoming visible as the
fat burns off.

rick++
November 16th 04, 03:08 PM
"Vee One" > wrote in message >...

> If I join a gym, I might be able to put in 3 sessions a week, at an hour or
> so.

> Will I get results from this, or am I wasting my money ?

You should try for a trial period of a month.
You may find you cant stand the crowds and stop going.
Or you might find the atmosphere stimulating.

Geezer From The Freezer
November 16th 04, 04:06 PM
rick++ wrote:

> "Vee One" > wrote in message >...
>
> > If I join a gym, I might be able to put in 3 sessions a week, at an hour or
> > so.
>
> > Will I get results from this, or am I wasting my money ?
>
> You should try for a trial period of a month.
> You may find you cant stand the crowds and stop going.
> Or you might find the atmosphere stimulating.

I've just cancelled a membership cos the gym was so crowded - great equipment
though.
I've been in a small dingy gym for 2 months with little equipment and several
dumb bells
and benches - doesn't get busy so I can use what I like when I like as well as
use
the cardio equipment when I like.

Rutabaga22
November 22nd 04, 06:27 AM
I respectfully disagree with you, John. He will most certainly build muscle if
he uses the 3 hours a week to lift weights.

If he has only 3 hours a week for weights and cardio combined, that is a little
thin; how would you suggest dividing his time between various exercise
modalities?

cheers,