PDA

View Full Version : ECA advice needed please.

Sal
November 16th 04, 03:56 PM
Hi all.This is my first ever post to this group, so don't flame me too
hard if i ask a silly question.
I am overweight and need to lose weight.However right now I have so
many other commitments that i don't have the time to start an exercise
program.But what i do have time for is trying to reduce my total
calorie intake and also walking rather than using a car.However,I do
not think these activities by themselves will lead to any significant
weight loss (at least not in the short term),so I was thinking of
using something i read on the web, an 'ECA' stack.This consists of
Ephedrine + Caffeine + Aspirin.
Do you think doing such a stack will help me lose weight during the
period i am too busy to exercise? (i estimate that for at least the
next 2 weeks i will not be able to exercise).And if so, will the
weight loss be very limited, or will i be able to notice it?
I guess my question boils down to whether the ECA stack can by used by
those who are too busy for full on exercise, but can make the effort
to lose weight by reducing their calories and walking more.
Thanks for reading my question and bye.

Mary M/Ohio
November 16th 04, 04:06 PM
"Sal" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi all.This is my first ever post to this group, so , don't flame me too
> hard if i ask a silly question.
> I am overweight and need to lose weight.However right now I have so
> many other commitments that i don't have the time to start an exercise
> program.But what i do have time for is trying to reduce my total
> calorie intake and also walking rather than using a car.However,I do
> not think these activities by themselves will lead to any significant
> weight loss (at least not in the short term),so I was thinking of
> using something i read on the web, an 'ECA' stack.This consists of
> Ephedrine + Caffeine + Aspirin.
> Do you think doing such a stack will help me lose weight during the
> period i am too busy to exercise? (i estimate that for at least the
> next 2 weeks i will not be able to exercise).And if so, will the
> weight loss be very limited, or will i be able to notice it?
> I guess my question boils down to whether the ECA stack can by used by
> those who are too busy for full on exercise, but can make the effort
> to lose weight by reducing their calories and walking more.
> Thanks for reading my question and bye.

Hi, Sal --

You are getting ahead of yourself. How about trying what you are planning --
reducing your total calorie intake and walking rather than using your car.
You might be surprised (depending on how much you want to lose) how much
those two activities can help you. You don't have to do formal exercise --
how about wearing a pedometer and aiming for 10,000+ steps a day? I am
personally not fond of the idea of taking pills to lose weight. Why not try
out your own idea and see how it works before starting to take ephedrine?
Best of luck to you in reaching your goals!

Mary M
325-165-145

Beverly
November 16th 04, 04:19 PM
"Mary M/Ohio" > wrote in message

> "Sal" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi all.This is my first ever post to this group, so , don't flame me too
> > hard if i ask a silly question.
> > I am overweight and need to lose weight.However right now I have so
> > many other commitments that i don't have the time to start an exercise
> > program.But what i do have time for is trying to reduce my total
> > calorie intake and also walking rather than using a car.However,I do
> > not think these activities by themselves will lead to any significant
> > weight loss (at least not in the short term),so I was thinking of
> > using something i read on the web, an 'ECA' stack.This consists of
> > Ephedrine + Caffeine + Aspirin.
> > Do you think doing such a stack will help me lose weight during the
> > period i am too busy to exercise? (i estimate that for at least the
> > next 2 weeks i will not be able to exercise).And if so, will the
> > weight loss be very limited, or will i be able to notice it?
> > I guess my question boils down to whether the ECA stack can by used by
> > those who are too busy for full on exercise, but can make the effort
> > to lose weight by reducing their calories and walking more.
> > Thanks for reading my question and bye.
>
> Hi, Sal --
>
> You are getting ahead of yourself. How about trying what you are
planning --
> reducing your total calorie intake and walking rather than using your car.
> You might be surprised (depending on how much you want to lose) how much
> those two activities can help you. You don't have to do formal exercise --
> how about wearing a pedometer and aiming for 10,000+ steps a day? I am
> personally not fond of the idea of taking pills to lose weight. Why not
try
> out your own idea and see how it works before starting to take ephedrine?
> Best of luck to you in reaching your goals!
>
> Mary M
> 325-165-145

I second Mary's suggestion. My original weight loss was due entirely to
cutting calories and walking.

Beverly

Patricia Heil
November 16th 04, 05:34 PM
"Sal" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi all.This is my first ever post to this group, so don't flame me too
> hard if i ask a silly question.
> I am overweight and need to lose weight.However right now I have so
> many other commitments that i don't have the time to start an exercise
> program.But what i do have time for is trying to reduce my total
> calorie intake and also walking rather than using a car.However,I do
> not think these activities by themselves will lead to any significant
> weight loss (at least not in the short term),so I was thinking of
> using something i read on the web, an 'ECA' stack.This consists of
> Ephedrine + Caffeine + Aspirin.
> Do you think doing such a stack will help me lose weight during the
> period i am too busy to exercise? (i estimate that for at least the
> next 2 weeks i will not be able to exercise).And if so, will the
> weight loss be very limited, or will i be able to notice it?
> I guess my question boils down to whether the ECA stack can by used by
> those who are too busy for full on exercise, but can make the effort
> to lose weight by reducing their calories and walking more.
> Thanks for reading my question and bye.

Fuhgeddaboudit. Don't concentrate on how fast the weight comes off.
Concentrate on your health and how long the weight stays off.

bc
November 16th 04, 11:31 PM
(Sal) wrote in message >...
> Hi all.This is my first ever post to this group, so don't flame me too
> hard if i ask a silly question.
> I am overweight and need to lose weight.However right now I have so
> many other commitments that i don't have the time to start an exercise
> program.But what i do have time for is trying to reduce my total
> calorie intake and also walking rather than using a car.However,I do
> not think these activities by themselves will lead to any significant
> weight loss (at least not in the short term),so I was thinking of
> using something i read on the web, an 'ECA' stack.This consists of
> Ephedrine + Caffeine + Aspirin.
> Do you think doing such a stack will help me lose weight during the
> period i am too busy to exercise? (i estimate that for at least the
> next 2 weeks i will not be able to exercise).And if so, will the
> weight loss be very limited, or will i be able to notice it?
> I guess my question boils down to whether the ECA stack can by used by
> those who are too busy for full on exercise, but can make the effort
> to lose weight by reducing their calories and walking more.

My comments:
1. Short term is the wrong way to approach any kind of body
composition change. Two weeks is way too short term to be of any real
use in understanding the effect of a dietary or exercise changes.
Really, you need to read this group for advice on putting together an
intelligent, long term strategy for fat loss and increasing fitness.
Use the next two weeks productively just to get an idea of what that
means. Forget the EC stack for now until you understand a lot more
about diet and exercise.
2. EC(A) stacks have been discussed quite a bit here. Using it in
conjunction with an intelligent eating regimen will possibly do more
than the diet itself, both due to appetite suppression and the vaunted
"thermogenic effect." Focus on using it IN ADDITION TO a
well-constructed eating strategy, not instead of.
3. Weight loss is all about caloric deficit. Busy people can cut back
their caloric intake just as easily as less busy people. Perhaps for
some, even more easily since you don't have time to sit around and be
bored - possibly leading to snacking.

I think reducing your calories and walking more is a great place to
start. But two weeks? Don't kid yourself.

- bc

Sal
November 21st 04, 04:07 PM
Hi, first-off thanks to everyone who responded to my post.I might not
agree with everything that was said, but nevertheless thanks for the
good advice.
But maybe I didn't make myself clear, I'm not into crash diets, and
recognise the best way to lose weight is to make a life-long
commitment to a healthier lifestyle.But the probelm is I'm a naturally
shy,introverted kind of person, and I don't have much self-confidence
as it is.The thing is I have some job interviews in the coming few
weeks and to be a little slimmer would help in my self-confidence,I
think.Yes, i know a persons weight is of no bearing on whether they
can do a particular job or not, but at the initial interview stage
image is important, and for me personally I feel more confident when
slimmer.So I was trying to ask if using an ECA stack,combined with
extra walking instead of using my car and trying to reduce the
calories I consumed(but with no going to the gym to use treamills etc)
would increase weight loss?
I might have given the impression in my earlier post that I was trying
to take short-cuts,but this really is not the case, at this moment in
time I need to lose as much weight as I can as quickly as
possible.After the job interviews are thru then I'll try to return to
a more gradual,sensible diet.
Thanks to anyone who answers my question and bye.

jamie
November 22nd 04, 12:07 AM
Sal > wrote:
> The thing is I have some job interviews in the coming few
> weeks and to be a little slimmer would help in my self-confidence,I
> think.

I frankly don't think you'll see much of a difference in only a few
weeks adding ECA to diet and exercise vs only diet and exercise --
except perhaps due to the appetite suppressant effect of ECA, which
wears off for many people after using it a while. As best I recall,
the statistics posted some years ago on ECA studies suggested that
it would only cause about an extra two pound loss per *month*.

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."