PDA

View Full Version : Re: The American way of life...

Tally
November 17th 04, 03:10 PM
"Patrick" > wrote in message

> "the guvnor" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Nelson Chausse" > wrote in message
> >
> >> ...Or the British way of life?
> >>
> >> If you had the chance to swap either way, which would you choose, and
> >> why?
> >
> > Well for America there's trailer parks, chronic obesity, rampant
guncrime,
> > rigged elections, poverty and the opportunity to live among dim-witted
> > ultraright wing fundie Christians....

that is a bigoted, elitist statement wholly unsupported by evidence

i'm talking about the "fundie" comment

we left england, in large part, for religious freedom. and you guys are
still wanking about it

whit

and you're not allowed to go on
> > holiday in Cuba.
>
> And the guvnor accuses the US of supporting oppressive regimes???
> For the record, poverty in Europe is much worse than America.
> Yes, there are trailor parks in America, only because we have enough room
> that our citizens don't have to live housing that is piled literally on
top
> of each other.
> And, yes, we allow freedom of religion.

News==----
Newsgroups

America the Beautiful
November 18th 04, 11:42 AM
JAF wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 03:58:53 GMT, America the Beautiful
> > wrote:
>

>>"America has spoken. The rest of the world should listen," - Tony Blair.
>

> Yeah, but he's a ****.

He's the goods...

--
Chris F.
Long Island.

"America has spoken. The rest of the world should listen," - Tony Blair.

Marcus Houlden
November 19th 04, 08:42 PM
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:42:31 GMT, America the Beautiful >
wrote the following to uk.misc:

> JAF wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 03:58:53 GMT, America the Beautiful
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>"America has spoken. The rest of the world should listen," - Tony Blair.
>>

>> Yeah, but he's a ****.
>
> He's the goods...

Here's one of the differences between the UK and the US. In the UK, goods
must be fit for their purpose, as described and of reasonable quality. You
can get your money back if they're not.

mh.
--
Reply-to address *is* valid.
"From" address is a blackhole.

Larry J.
November 19th 04, 09:05 PM
Waving the right to remain silent, Marcus Houlden >
wrote:

> Here's one of the differences between the UK and the US. In the UK,
> goods must be fit for their purpose, as described and of reasonable
> quality. You can get your money back if they're not.

Warranties are not unique to the UK.

Even most credit card companies here in the US will refund the purchase
price if the goods are proven to be unfit.

"Lord, are we worthy of the task that lies before us,
or are we just jerking off..?"

Lucas Buck
November 21st 04, 08:50 AM
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:37:51 GMT, "the guvnor" >
wrote:

>"America the Beautiful" > wrote in message
>
>>> "The U.S. has the highest child poverty rate of any wealthy nation."
>>>
>>> "An American child is more likely to live in poverty than a child in 17
>>> other wealthy industrialized nations for which data exist"
>>>
>>> "12.1 million American children younger than 18 live below the poverty
>>> line."
>>>
>>> "More children live in poverty today than 25 or 30 years ago. The number
>>> of poor children reached a recent peak of 15.7 million in 1993, fell for
>>> eight years, but has risen in the last two years".
>>>
>>> "One out of every six American children (16.7 percent) was poor in 2002"
>>>
>>> http://www.childrensdefense.org/familyincome/childpoverty/basicfacts.asp
>>
>> We already went over this, Nick, our poor would be considered middle class
>> in your nations.
>
>"For a family of four, the poverty threshold was $18,392."
>
>You think our middle class families of four are on $18k??

Britain doesn't HAVE a true middle class anymore.

Ack
November 21st 04, 10:37 AM
Lucas Buck wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:37:51 GMT, "the guvnor" >
> wrote:

>>>We already went over this, Nick, our poor would be considered middle class
>>>in your nations.
>>
>>"For a family of four, the poverty threshold was $18,392."
>>
>>You think our middle class families of four are on $18k??
>

> Britain doesn't HAVE a true middle class anymore.

Please explain, sheeple.

Will Brink
November 22nd 04, 04:13 PM
In article >,
Marcus Houlden > wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:42:31 GMT, America the Beautiful >
> wrote the following to uk.misc:
>

> > JAF wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 03:58:53 GMT, America the Beautiful

> >> Yeah, but he's a ****.
> >
> > He's the goods...
>
> Here's one of the differences between the UK and the US. In the UK, goods
> must be fit for their purpose, as described and of reasonable quality.

Like your cars? The well known expression "you have to own three brit
cars to have at least one working" comes to mind.

> You
> can get your money back if they're not.

I bet it's easier to return an item in the US then the UK as a rule.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/