PDA

View Full Version : so much for "count every vote"...

Lucas Buck
November 18th 04, 10:30 PM
'With the race so tight, Rossi aides and Republican officials said they are
likely to file suit today against Yakima County to force it to allow the GOP to
submit affidavits from provisional voters there.

Vance said Yakima County Auditor Corky Mattingly, a Democrat, wouldn't accept
those affidavits.

"The Democrats were allowed to do this in King County. We're not being allowed
to do it in Yakima County," Vance said.'

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002092929_guv17m.html

Lurker
November 18th 04, 11:25 PM
Lucas Buck wrote:
> 'With the race so tight, Rossi aides and Republican officials said they are
> likely to file suit today against Yakima County to force it to allow the GOP to
> submit affidavits from provisional voters there.
>
> Vance said Yakima County Auditor Corky Mattingly, a Democrat, wouldn't accept
> those affidavits.
>
> "The Democrats were allowed to do this in King County. We're not being allowed
> to do it in Yakima County," Vance said.'
>
> http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002092929_guv17m.html

The really weird thing about this is that Yakima County is quite
republican. I know I live there.

Lurker

Lurker
November 18th 04, 11:29 PM
Lucas Buck wrote:

> 'With the race so tight, Rossi aides and Republican officials said they are
> likely to file suit today against Yakima County to force it to allow the GOP to
> submit affidavits from provisional voters there.
>
> Vance said Yakima County Auditor Corky Mattingly, a Democrat, wouldn't accept
> those affidavits.
>
> "The Democrats were allowed to do this in King County. We're not being allowed
> to do it in Yakima County," Vance said.'
>
> http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002092929_guv17m.html

Oops, just reread it. Not so weird after all. I would be willing to bet
that if Howard DeWitt had beat Mattingly last time that there wouldn't
be the friction on this.