PDA

View Full Version : Donkey Calf Press

dwacon
November 20th 04, 06:15 AM
I do 3 sets of 10 at 400 lbs on the donkey calf press machine and felt fine,
then I kneeled to re-tie my shoelace and when I stood up almost blacked out.

Didn't think that much blood would leave the noggin -- considering the
localized nature of the routine.

Hmm....

--
"I haven't tasted food for 3 days"
"Don't worry, it still tastes the same."

Lyle McDonald
November 20th 04, 07:55 PM
dwacon wrote:

> I do 3 sets of 10 at 400 lbs on the donkey calf press machine and felt fine,
> then I kneeled to re-tie my shoelace and when I stood up almost blacked out.
>
> Didn't think that much blood would leave the noggin -- considering the
> localized nature of the routine.
>
> Hmm....

Your lightheadedness had nothing to do with calf raises.
What you are describing sounds like orthostatic hypotension and occurs
when you go from a head down to head up postiino quickly (some people
get it standing up quickly). It simply means your body is unable to
increase blood pressure quickly enough to keep your brain happy.

Lyle