.... made me laff. See it.

aj
November 21st 04, 06:06 AM
On 2004-11-21, John M Williams > wrote:
> ... made me laff. See it.

Seconded. Have seen it twice. I never do that.

--
-aj

spodosaurus
November 21st 04, 06:59 AM
John M. Williams wrote:
> ... made me laff. See it.

I'm waiting for it to become available in R4 at the DVD rental place.
I've been wanting to see it for a couple of months now.

neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

elzinator
November 21st 04, 02:10 PM
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 06:06:16 -0000, aj wrote:
>On 2004-11-21, John M Williams > wrote:
>> ... made me laff. See it.
>
>Seconded. Have seen it twice. I never do that.

I did, too. Saw it alone the first time, then with a bunch of folks.
It was equally funny both times.

---------------
My give-a-**** meter is broken.

NAVYCHIEFCHUCK
November 21st 04, 03:02 PM
>Subject: Shaun of the Dead ...
>From: John M. Williams
>Date: 11/20/2004 11:29 PM Central Standard Time
>
>... made me laff. See it.

A buddy of mine and I saw it - he collects old LP's - loved the part in the
back yard trying to kill the zombie.......
Chief

aj
November 21st 04, 06:09 PM
On 2004-11-21, elzinator > wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 06:06:16 -0000, aj wrote:
>>On 2004-11-21, John M Williams > wrote:
>>> ... made me laff. See it.
>>
>>Seconded. Have seen it twice. I never do that.
>
> I did, too. Saw it alone the first time, then with a bunch of folks.
> It was equally funny both times.
>
> ---------------
> My give-a-**** meter is broken.

FWIW, I also liked The Incredibles. Actually went out to a theatre for
that one.

The Incredibles was extra fun because it takes place about ten blocks
from me.

--
-aj

User
November 21st 04, 06:26 PM
> FWIW, I also liked The Incredibles. Actually went out to a theatre for
> that one.

Saw this one with my four-year-old, had so much fun the wife and I went back
ourselves the next day.

Ellis
November 21st 04, 07:06 PM
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 00:29:14 -0500, John M. Williams
> wrote:

>... made me laff. See it.

If you get a chance to watch the DVDs of a UK comedy series called
"Spaced" then do so. Some of the same people involved, including the
lead in Shaun, and similar humour. If you "get" Shaun of the Dead,
you'll likely get "Spaced" as well.

Ellis

John M. Williams
November 21st 04, 07:33 PM
Ellis > wrote:

> John M. Williams > wrote:
>
>>... made me laff. See it.
>
>If you get a chance to watch the DVDs of a UK comedy series called
>"Spaced" then do so. Some of the same people involved, including the
>lead in Shaun, and similar humour. If you "get" Shaun of the Dead,
>you'll likely get "Spaced" as well.

I've always liked UK TV comedies better than American ones. The UK
comedy serials mock human interaction on all levels. American sitcoms
tend to rely on a single formula: a character lies about something and
then goes through all sorts of comical twists trying to cover the lie.
It's pathetically predictable.

For instance, there's one older series which many Americans don't find
funny because they think it's too mean-spirited, but I think it's
hilarious:
"Chef!"

DHW
November 22nd 04, 01:26 AM
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 00:29:14 -0500, John M. Williams
> wrote:

>... made me laff. See it.

I've seen Shaun as well. Very good. I took the kids to see the
Incredibles and we all loved it.

Tonight I went solo to see National Treasure with Nick Cage and was
not disappointed.

AND ... during the previews ... in one of them the Earth exploded and
a big Don't Panic filled the screen. "Could it be ...?" I wondered.
Yes -- a teaser for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I hope they do
a good job with it.

D. Wells

Remove the numbers to mail me. Include the text "gore-in-2004"
(without quotation marks) to ensure you make it past the spam filter.

BobMac
November 22nd 04, 02:45 AM
John M. Williams wrote:

> For instance, there's one older series which many Americans don't find
> funny because they think it's too mean-spirited, but I think it's
> hilarious:
> "Chef!"

Oh, my word, yes! Lenny Henry is hilarious. One of the Secret
Policeman's Balls has him doing a rant about cat flaps. Painfully funny.
(The woman who plays his wife is, for my money, the prettiest woman I've
ever seen on television, BTW, and that includes the very young Catherine
Zeta-Jones on Darling Buds of May.)

I think a lot of the Britcoms are really more character driven: the
characters stay in character, a complete idiot one week does not turn
into a genius the next week, in order to make a gag work.

BobMac

John M. Williams
November 22nd 04, 05:24 AM
DHW > wrote:

>On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 00:29:14 -0500, John M. Williams
> wrote:
>
>>... made me laff. See it.
>
>I've seen Shaun as well. Very good. I took the kids to see the
>Incredibles and we all loved it.
>
>Tonight I went solo to see National Treasure with Nick Cage and was
>not disappointed.

The reviews said it sucked.

>AND ... during the previews ... in one of them the Earth exploded and
>a big Don't Panic filled the screen. "Could it be ...?" I wondered.

It could not be anything else.

>Yes -- a teaser for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I hope they do
>a good job with it.

Some they can do justice, some they can't. I noticed that there was
pre-production work done on "Preacher" with James Marsden (Cyclops in
"X-Men") cast as Jesse Custer, but now there's no mention of it on
IMDb. I assume they decided they probably couldn't do the comic
justice without an NC-17 rating, and it would have enraged a lot of
the religious right, anyway.

Still, I'm waiting to see if Vin Diesel does Hannibal. Brad Pitt did
Achilles, and now Colin Farrell is doing Alexander, so Vin should get
his turn. It's been announced, but they don't appear to have a full
cast yet.

FWIW, it appears that "Hitchhiker's Guide" will have some of the cast
of "Shaun of the Dead," including Bill Nighy (Shaun's stepdad, also
Viktor in "Underworld"). Also a special role for John Malkovich.

Lucas Buck
November 25th 04, 12:02 AM
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 00:24:20 -0500, John M. Williams
> wrote:

>Still, I'm waiting to see if Vin Diesel does Hannibal. Brad Pitt did
>Achilles, and now Colin Farrell is doing Alexander,

It cracks me up that they would cast a pretty-boy who's never ridden
a horse in his life (before his 6-week riding course for the film) as
Alexander. What next, Anna Nicole Smith as Madame Curie?

John M. Williams
November 25th 04, 12:52 AM
Lucas Buck > wrote:
> John M. Williams > wrote:
>
>>Still, I'm waiting to see if Vin Diesel does Hannibal. Brad Pitt did
>>Achilles, and now Colin Farrell is doing Alexander,
>
>It cracks me up that they would cast a pretty-boy who's never ridden
>a horse in his life (before his 6-week riding course for the film) as
>Alexander. What next, Anna Nicole Smith as Madame Curie?

The radium gave her massive breast tumors.

bc
November 25th 04, 07:11 AM
John M. Williams > wrote in message >...
> Lucas Buck > wrote:
> > John M. Williams > wrote:
> >
> >>Still, I'm waiting to see if Vin Diesel does Hannibal. Brad Pitt did
> >>Achilles, and now Colin Farrell is doing Alexander,
> >
> >It cracks me up that they would cast a pretty-boy who's never ridden
> >a horse in his life (before his 6-week riding course for the film) as
> >Alexander. What next, Anna Nicole Smith as Madame Curie?
>
> The radium gave her massive breast tumors.

I just saw an ad for Blade Trinity. I'll go.

- bc

John M. Williams
November 25th 04, 07:53 AM
(bc) wrote:

>John M. Williams > wrote in message >...
>> Lucas Buck > wrote:

>> >It cracks me up that they would cast a pretty-boy who's never ridden
>> >a horse in his life (before his 6-week riding course for the film) as
>> >Alexander. What next, Anna Nicole Smith as Madame Curie?
>>
>> The radium gave her massive breast tumors.
>
>I just saw an ad for Blade Trinity. I'll go.

Oh, I'll go see it, mostly because I saw the other two, but also to
see if it works ...

I'm having some difficulty seeing Dominic Purcell and Parker Posey as
scary vampires.

bc
November 30th 04, 07:28 PM
John M. Williams > wrote in message >...
> (bc) wrote:
>
> >John M. Williams > wrote in message >...

> >> The radium gave her massive breast tumors.
> >
> >I just saw an ad for Blade Trinity. I'll go.
>
> Oh, I'll go see it, mostly because I saw the other two, but also to
> see if it works ...
>
> I'm having some difficulty seeing Dominic Purcell and Parker Posey as
> scary vampires.

No kidding. Can you imagine growing up with a name like Parker
Posey? The alliteration opportunities just beg for mercy.

- bc