http://scoop.kuro5hin.org/?op=special;page=sites

From : http://scoop.kuro5hin.org/special/whatisit
What is Scoop?

Scoop is a "collaborative media application". It falls somewhere
between a content management system, a web bulletin board system, and
a weblog. Scoop is designed to enable your website to become a
community. It empowers your visitors to be the producers of the site,
contributing news and discussion, and making sure that the signal
remains high.

A scoop site can be run almost entirely by the readers. The whole
life-cycle of content is reader-driven. They submit news, they choose
what to post, and they can discuss what they post. Readers can rate
other readers comments, as well, providing a collaborative filtering
tool to let the best contributions float to the top. Based on this
rating, you can also reward consistently good contributors with
greater power to review potentially untrusted content. The real power
of Scoop is that it is almost totally collaborative.

Of course, as an admin, you also may pick and choose which tools you
want the community to have, and which will be available to admins
only. Administrators have a very wide range of customization and
security management tools available. All of the administration of
Scoop is done through the normal web interface. Scoop will seamlessly
provide more options to site administrators, right in the normal site,
so the tools you need are always right where you need them.

aj
November 21st 04, 06:32 PM
On 2004-11-21, John WIlliams > wrote:
> I thought you might find this interesting.
>
> There is now web forum software that allows people to create ___well
> moderated__ web forums without moderators and the problems they bring.
>
> It is open source and free.
>
> You can read about it in the blurb below.
>
> Also here is a list of forums that implement it:
> http://scoop.kuro5hin.org/?op=special;page=sites

> From : http://scoop.kuro5hin.org/special/whatisit
> What is Scoop?
>
> Scoop is a "collaborative media application". It falls somewhere
> between a content management system, a web bulletin board system, and
> a weblog. Scoop is designed to enable your website to become a
> community. It empowers your visitors to be the producers of the site,
> contributing news and discussion, and making sure that the signal
> remains high.
>
> A scoop site can be run almost entirely by the readers. The whole
> life-cycle of content is reader-driven. They submit news, they choose
> what to post, and they can discuss what they post. Readers can rate
> other readers comments, as well, providing a collaborative filtering
> tool to let the best contributions float to the top. Based on this
> rating, you can also reward consistently good contributors with
> greater power to review potentially untrusted content. The real power
> of Scoop is that it is almost totally collaborative.
>
> Of course, as an admin, you also may pick and choose which tools you
> want the community to have, and which will be available to admins
> only. Administrators have a very wide range of customization and
> security management tools available. All of the administration of
> Scoop is done through the normal web interface. Scoop will seamlessly
> provide more options to site administrators, right in the normal site,
> so the tools you need are always right where you need them.

k5 occassionally has decent articles, as well.

--
-aj

Rural living is good living
November 22nd 04, 04:45 AM
>I thought you might find this interesting.

Die [email protected]@[email protected]##!!!
_______
"They charge you $15 if you fail to show for your 'free' appointment" by Lurker
on a Gold's Gym policy.

Tired of corrupt politicians and busybodies trying to run your life, family,
and property?
Visit http://www.freestateproject.com