PDA

View Full Version : The fastest growing religion in the US is...

Mullah
November 21st 04, 05:23 PM
Islam!

You Know Who
November 21st 04, 05:43 PM
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:23:44 -0000, "Mullah"
> wrote:

>Islam!

And McDonald's sells the most burgers. [snort]

Anthropy
November 21st 04, 11:33 PM
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 09:43:59 -0800, You Know Who
> wrote:

>On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:23:44 -0000, "Mullah"
> wrote:

The fastest growing religion in the US is...

>>Islam!
>
>And McDonald's sells the most burgers. [snort]

And rain is wet.
That's 3 facts in a row. Well done everyone.

Jim Ranieri
November 22nd 04, 01:06 AM
"Mullah" > wrote in message
> Islam!

There is a very high employee turnover in convenience marts.

DHW
November 22nd 04, 02:00 AM
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:23:44 -0000, "Mullah"
> wrote:

>Islam!

This reminds me of an software anit-piracy meeting I attended several
years ago -- sponsored by Microsoft.

The figures below are not real, just given for demonstration purposes.

The gal presenting stated that 90% of the software in Russia is
pirated, 88% in China is pirated, etc and that 25% of software in the
US is pirated.

And that the US is the only place where piracy is increasing.

She repeated that last point several times. Finally someone asked what
we were all thinking: Doesn't it make sense that the US is the only
place piracy is on the rise -- it's the only country with any room for
growth. How much worse than 90% can it get in Russia?

So, last year there were two Islam churches/temples/bingo
halls/whatever in the US. This year there are four ... that's 100%
growth, but still a very small fraction of the total.

Oh, my fact: Bread always falls butter side down.
D. Wells

Remove the numbers to mail me. Include the text "gore-in-2004"
(without quotation marks) to ensure you make it past the spam filter.

Payne N. Diaz
November 22nd 04, 01:21 PM
"Jim Ranieri" > wrote in message

> "Mullah" > wrote in message
>> Islam!
>>

> There is a very high employee turnover in convenience marts.

Which are largely owned by.... ?

vonroach
November 22nd 04, 11:13 PM
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:23:44 -0000, "Mullah"
> wrote:

>Islam!

Yeah, they now have five members.

DeepSea
November 23rd 04, 06:43 AM
"Mullah" > wrote in news:cnqjru$inc$1
@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk:

> Islam!

Islam is the fastest growing religion anywhere, and for the most part, is
accepted in western culture. Its a little too ponderous and invasive for
some (probably most) westerners, but many of the ideals and fundamentals
are similar to Christianity - only God is worthy of worship, love your
neighbor, take care of the poor.

Its the extremist behavior that doesn't wash. IIRC, Whahabi Islam is an
extremist sect whose ties to Islam are similar to the KKK's ties to
Christianity. The typical islamic terrorist is even more of an extremist
than the Wahabi, and are readily denounced by many Moslems.

DS

Gregory Procter
November 23rd 04, 09:15 PM
DeepSea wrote:

> "Mullah" > wrote in news:cnqjru$inc$1
> @newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk:
>
> > Islam!
> >

> Islam is the fastest growing religion anywhere, and for the most part, is
> accepted in western culture. Its a little too ponderous and invasive for
> some (probably most) westerners, but many of the ideals and fundamentals
> are similar to Christianity - only God is worthy of worship, love your
> neighbor, take care of the poor.
>
> Its the extremist behavior that doesn't wash. IIRC, Whahabi Islam is an
> extremist sect whose ties to Islam are similar to the KKK's ties to
> Christianity. The typical islamic terrorist is even more of an extremist
> than the Wahabi, and are readily denounced by many Moslems.

It's only the (Christian) USa who is invading other nations.

Kenn Lynch
November 23rd 04, 11:59 PM
Sounds like the CIA is now hiring!!