PDA

View Full Version : Outer chest / lats

Felix Oscar
November 22nd 04, 07:06 PM
In my recent query about "outer chest," what I meant was the kind of
curvy-looking area like in this photo of Ron Artest:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/041122/photos_ts_afp/041122171959_wpi37iq3_photo0

Can that be accentuated from lat pulldowns?
I was never clear about the lats, which are lower back muscles,
wrapping around to the front of the bod.

Lee Michaels
November 22nd 04, 07:22 PM
"Felix Oscar" > wrote

> In my recent query about "outer chest," what I meant was the kind of
> curvy-looking area like in this photo of Ron Artest:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/041122/photos_ts_afp/041122171959_wpi37iq3_photo0

> Can that be accentuated from lat pulldowns?
> I was never clear about the lats, which are lower back muscles,
> wrapping around to the front of the bod.

http://www.bartleby.com/107/122.html

http://www.bartleby.com/107/121.html

Rob Andrews
November 22nd 04, 07:53 PM
Funny. I kind of get too much of this "outer chest" from my chest routine,
and maybe not enough "inner chest"! I mean I'm not huge or anything, but the
relative gains I see tend to slightly favour the outer areas. FWIW, I do
mainly bench presses, often with a wider-than shoulder grip, weighted dips
(love these!), pullovers and the occassional session on the pec-deck
machine.

Rob.

Watson Davis
November 22nd 04, 09:22 PM
(Felix Oscar) wrote in
om:

> In my recent query about "outer chest," what I meant was the kind of
> curvy-looking area like in this photo of Ron Artest:
>
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/041122/photos_ts_afp/041
> 122171959_wpi37iq3_photo0

That's a pec.

> Can that be accentuated from lat pulldowns?

No.

> I was never clear about the lats,

Obviously.

> which are lower back muscles,
> wrapping around to the front of the bod.

They don't do that.

Go here:
http://www.exrx.net and look at the pictures of the muscles. Figure out
which muscle you're wanting to work. And then look at some of the
exercises that work that muscle.

Also, go here:
http://www.bsu.edu/webapps/strengthlab/home.htm
Select the muscle you want to work on, and take a look at some of the
exercises that work that muscle.

Good luck.

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

Pat Styles
November 23rd 04, 01:16 AM
"Watson Davis" > wrote in message
2.213...
> (Felix Oscar) wrote in
> om:
>
>> In my recent query about "outer chest," what I meant was the kind of
>> curvy-looking area like in this photo of Ron Artest:
>>
>> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/041122/photos_ts_afp/041
>> 122171959_wpi37iq3_photo0
>
> That's a pec.
>

>> Can that be accentuated from lat pulldowns?
>
> No.
>
>> I was never clear about the lats,
>
> Obviously.
>
>> which are lower back muscles,
>> wrapping around to the front of the bod.
>
> They don't do that.

Well, technically they do. Of course, afaik, it's really just the connective
tissue at that point, but I believe it does insert on the front of the upper
arm. Sorry if I upset your strategy of misinformation. :-)
ps