PDA

View Full Version : Pain in forearm???

Viberg
November 22nd 04, 07:20 PM
Hi all!

I've had problems with an achinf forearm for about 6 weeks. The ache seems
to be located on the upper side on the upper part of my forearm, just below
the elbow. Could be related to the upper part of brachradialis; the muscle
that usually get sore after some heavy hammer-curls when you're not used to
them.
This ache makes it more or less impossible for me to lift things palms down;
turning the hand palms up feels better. It also hurts when clutching my
hand.

I've tried to eat Voltaren tablets (anti inflammatoric) for a week or so
without getting rid of the aching. Any ideas how to get rid of this so I can
start training again?

Thanks,
Janne

John M. Williams
November 22nd 04, 11:25 PM
"Viberg" > wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>I've had problems with an achinf forearm for about 6 weeks. The ache seems
>to be located on the upper side on the upper part of my forearm, just below
>the elbow. Could be related to the upper part of brachradialis; the muscle
>that usually get sore after some heavy hammer-curls when you're not used to
>them.
>This ache makes it more or less impossible for me to lift things palms down;
>turning the hand palms up feels better. It also hurts when clutching my
>hand.
>
>I've tried to eat Voltaren tablets (anti inflammatoric) for a week or so
>without getting rid of the aching. Any ideas how to get rid of this so I can
>start training again?

Lateral epicondylitis; tennis elbow. Lay off the hammer curls, maybe
all curls, for a while, and if you feel compelled to do them, go
light. Get a tennis elbow brace; it's not a cure, but it will help
keep the tendon secured during movements which affect that area.

Anti-inflammatories may help reduce pain, but only rest will heal it.

Jim Ranieri
November 23rd 04, 12:05 AM
"John M. Williams" > wrote in message
> "Viberg" > wrote:
>
> >Hi all!
> >
> >I've had problems with an achinf forearm for about 6 weeks. The ache
seems
> >to be located on the upper side on the upper part of my forearm, just
below
> >the elbow. Could be related to the upper part of brachradialis; the
muscle
> >that usually get sore after some heavy hammer-curls when you're not used
> >them.
> >This ache makes it more or less impossible for me to lift things palms
down;
> >turning the hand palms up feels better. It also hurts when clutching my
> >hand.
> >
> >I've tried to eat Voltaren tablets (anti inflammatoric) for a week or so
> >without getting rid of the aching. Any ideas how to get rid of this so I
can
> >start training again?
>
> Lateral epicondylitis; tennis elbow. Lay off the hammer curls, maybe
> all curls, for a while, and if you feel compelled to do them, go
> light. Get a tennis elbow brace; it's not a cure, but it will help
> keep the tendon secured during movements which affect that area.
>
> Anti-inflammatories may help reduce pain, but only rest will heal it.

Bingo. Iontophoresis with dexamethasone is also very nice for reducing the
symptons.

Tifosi Bob
November 23rd 04, 12:30 AM
"Jim Ranieri" > wrote in message

> "John M. Williams" > wrote in message
> > "Viberg" > wrote:
> >
> > >Hi all!
> > >
> > >I've had problems with an achinf forearm for about 6 weeks. The ache
> seems
> > >to be located on the upper side on the upper part of my forearm, just
> below
> > >the elbow. Could be related to the upper part of brachradialis; the
> muscle
> > >that usually get sore after some heavy hammer-curls when you're not
used
> > >them.
> > >This ache makes it more or less impossible for me to lift things palms
> down;
> > >turning the hand palms up feels better. It also hurts when clutching my
> > >hand.
> > >
> > >I've tried to eat Voltaren tablets (anti inflammatoric) for a week or
so
> > >without getting rid of the aching. Any ideas how to get rid of this so
> can
> > >start training again?
> >
> > Lateral epicondylitis; tennis elbow. Lay off the hammer curls, maybe
> > all curls, for a while, and if you feel compelled to do them, go
> > light. Get a tennis elbow brace; it's not a cure, but it will help
> > keep the tendon secured during movements which affect that area.
> >
> > Anti-inflammatories may help reduce pain, but only rest will heal it.
>
> Bingo. Iontophoresis with dexamethasone is also very nice for reducing the
> symptons.

Sure advise the man on taking horse drugs, see
http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=Iontophoresis+with+dexamethasone ,
pcp also reduces pain.

For once, I agree with John. You have tennis elbow which is caused by
jerking off too often to pictures of Anna Kornikova.

Jim Ranieri
November 23rd 04, 01:25 AM
"Tifosi Bob" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Jim Ranieri" > wrote in message
> >
> > "John M. Williams" > wrote in
message

> > seems
> > below
> > muscle
> used
> > down;

> so
> > can
> > >
> > > Lateral epicondylitis; tennis elbow. Lay off the hammer curls, maybe
> > > all curls, for a while, and if you feel compelled to do them, go
> > > light. Get a tennis elbow brace; it's not a cure, but it will help
> > > keep the tendon secured during movements which affect that area.
> > >
> > > Anti-inflammatories may help reduce pain, but only rest will heal it.
> >
> > Bingo. Iontophoresis with dexamethasone is also very nice for reducing
the
> > symptons.
>
> Sure advise the man on taking horse drugs, see

http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=Iontophoresis+with
+dexamethasone ,
> pcp also reduces pain.
>
> For once, I agree with John. You have tennis elbow which is caused by
> jerking off too often to pictures of Anna Kornikova.

This is from your link, you little amazon-subservient canuck pussy:

"Iontophoresis of dexamethasone is routinely used in physical medicine and
rehabilitation as a treatment modality for patients with various
musculoskeletal inflammatory conditions. (3,9,11,17) Investigators have
reported increased range of motion, improved function, and decreased pain in
patients who had musculoskeletal conditions and who received treatment with
iontophoresis of dexamethasone. The objective of this study was to evaluate
the safety and effectiveness of dermal iontophoretic administration of
dexamethasone sodium phosphate 0.4% injection compared with a placebo of
saline solution for the treatment of acute epicondylitis in a multicenter,
double-blinded, placebo-controlled study."

John M. Williams
November 23rd 04, 03:33 AM
"Jim Ranieri" > wrote:
>"Tifosi Bob" > wrote:

>> > Bingo. Iontophoresis with dexamethasone is also very nice for reducing
>> > the symptons.
>>
>> Sure advise the man on taking horse drugs, see
>>
>http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=Iontophoresis+with+dexamethasone ,
>> pcp also reduces pain.
>>
>> For once, I agree with John. You have tennis elbow which is caused by
>> jerking off too often to pictures of Anna Kornikova.
>
>This is from your link, you little amazon-subservient canuck pussy:
>
>"Iontophoresis of dexamethasone is routinely used in physical medicine and
>rehabilitation as a treatment modality for patients with various
>musculoskeletal inflammatory conditions. (3,9,11,17) Investigators have
>reported increased range of motion, improved function, and decreased pain in
>patients who had musculoskeletal conditions and who received treatment with
>iontophoresis of dexamethasone. The objective of this study was to evaluate
>the safety and effectiveness of dermal iontophoretic administration of
>dexamethasone sodium phosphate 0.4% injection compared with a placebo of
>saline solution for the treatment of acute epicondylitis in a multicenter,
>double-blinded, placebo-controlled study."

"Iontophoresis treatment was well tolerated by most patients and was
effective in reducing symptoms of epicondylitis at short-term
follow-up." Nirschl RP, Rodin DM, Ochiai DH, Maartmann-Moe C;
DEX-AHE-01-99 Study Group. Iontophoretic administration of
dexamethasone sodium phosphate for acute epicondylitis. A randomized,
double-blinded, placebo-controlled study. Am J Sports Med. 2003
Mar-Apr;31(2):189-95.

Uh-oh! Tofutti Bob is a bad boy!

He needs Nicole Bass to give him a firm spanking.

Tifosi Bob
November 23rd 04, 04:21 AM
"Jim Ranieri" > wrote in message

> This is from your link, you little amazon-subservient canuck pussy:

Hurray, finally some creativity from the land of the free and the home of 58
miilion ****ing airheads.

http://www.sorryeverybody.com/

hahahaha

dr_dickie
November 23rd 04, 11:52 AM
"John M. Williams" > wrote in message
> "Viberg" > wrote:
>
> >Hi all!
> >
> >I've had problems with an achinf forearm for about 6 weeks. The ache
seems
> >to be located on the upper side on the upper part of my forearm, just
below
> >the elbow. Could be related to the upper part of brachradialis; the
muscle
> >that usually get sore after some heavy hammer-curls when you're not used
> >them.
> >This ache makes it more or less impossible for me to lift things palms
down;
> >turning the hand palms up feels better. It also hurts when clutching my
> >hand.
> >
> >I've tried to eat Voltaren tablets (anti inflammatoric) for a week or so
> >without getting rid of the aching. Any ideas how to get rid of this so I
can
> >start training again?
>
> Lateral epicondylitis; tennis elbow. Lay off the hammer curls, maybe
> all curls, for a while, and if you feel compelled to do them, go
> light. Get a tennis elbow brace; it's not a cure, but it will help
> keep the tendon secured during movements which affect that area.
>
> Anti-inflammatories may help reduce pain, but only rest will heal it.

Right and the bad news is, it takes a looooooooooong time to heal. Mine
took a little over a year the first flare up. Now two years later, it is
back again (damn computer keyboard to write papers).