PDA

View Full Version : 10 commandments for gaining big muscle

bc
November 22nd 04, 08:39 PM
There's no new info here, but it's a nice article I happened to just
run across. It's a couple of years old, so probably many of you have
seen it before.

http://www.planetmuscle.com/articles/5_2/f_st.html

- bc

Lucas Buck
November 26th 04, 10:24 AM
On 22 Nov 2004 12:39:52 -0800, (bc) wrote:

>There's no new info here, but it's a nice article I happened to just
>run across. It's a couple of years old, so probably many of you have
>seen it before.
>
>http://www.planetmuscle.com/articles/5_2/f_st.html

"Look, you can put a monkey in front of a computer for 24 hours and he'll still
never figure out how to download porn even though almost any set of keys pulls
up some porn. So don't be a monkey. "

--
Luke sbcpark AT earthlink.net
"I don't mind the fish oil burps; I can imagine that I

Larry Hodges
November 26th 04, 06:20 PM
bc wrote:
> There's no new info here, but it's a nice article I happened to just
> run across. It's a couple of years old, so probably many of you have
> seen it before.
>
> http://www.planetmuscle.com/articles/5_2/f_st.html
>
> - bc

Under the rest heading, it says this:

"Your muscles need 48-72 hours or more to rest following heavy training"

I think most here would say 1 day, 2 at the very most is sufficient for
recovery. We had this debate in the summer, and the 1 day rest proponents
won.
--
-Larry
Canada...leading the world in being just north of the United States.

Esca
November 26th 04, 06:46 PM
"Larry Hodges" > wrote in message
> bc wrote:
> > There's no new info here, but it's a nice article I happened to just
> > run across. It's a couple of years old, so probably many of you have
> > seen it before.
> >
> > http://www.planetmuscle.com/articles/5_2/f_st.html
> >
> > - bc
>
> Under the rest heading, it says this:
>
> "Your muscles need 48-72 hours or more to rest following heavy training"
>
> I think most here would say 1 day, 2 at the very most is sufficient for
> recovery.

depends on how you define "heavy training"

training near failure, for higher reps and higher sets will require more
recovery than other methods

bbers tend to use more volume training, at higher reps. that tends to be a
bit harder to recover from than some other protocols

whit

We had this debate in the summer, and the 1 day rest proponents
> won.
> --
> -Larry
> Canada...leading the world in being just north of the United States.

Manco
November 26th 04, 07:41 PM
Lucas Buck wrote:
> On 22 Nov 2004 12:39:52 -0800, (bc)
> wrote:
>
>> There's no new info here, but it's a nice article I happened to just
>> run across. It's a couple of years old, so probably many of you have
>> seen it before.
>>
>> http://www.planetmuscle.com/articles/5_2/f_st.html

It's good advice mostly. I especially don't like people who are in the
weight room and are not serious, though fortunately at my gym those people
are few and far between. Also, I agree in high-intensity training at
whatever level. It's the only way to get to failure and actually grow muscle
to move on to the next weight plate, since I use cable machines. That's the
only part I seriously disagree with the author, I'm not trying to attain a
bodybuilder physique and I find the cable machines very agreeable. I do use
a barbell for biceps, since I don't anything on the machine for that.