PDA

View Full Version : POST-LAUGHLIN TRAIL RIDE

David Cohen
November 24th 04, 09:21 PM
Consensus and commitments needed now.

One place has a range from one hour rides for $27.50 to four hour rides for
$100, or 4 hour + box lunch for $115. The other has 2 hour lunch (bbq
cooked) rides for $99, or 2 hour steak dinner rides for $139. All per
person, obviously.

So, also obviously, a wide range of offerings.

Assuming this will be done on the Monday following the meet, any of the
above (screw the early am breakfast ride!) might be available. Since we're
not all sitting in a room discussing this (in which case, we'd be drunk and
stupid), please post AND email (with a valid addy...I promise not to post
them!) me with what RANGE of rides would be acceptable. Lunch, dinner,
w/meal, w/o meal (wine is a given), length of ride, price range, etc.

Thank you for your prompt attention this this matter.

Elzi's Social Secretary,
David

Keith Hobman
November 24th 04, 09:26 PM
In article et>, "David
Cohen" > wrote:

> Consensus and commitments needed now.
>
> One place has a range from one hour rides for $27.50 to four hour rides for
> $100, or 4 hour + box lunch for $115. The other has 2 hour lunch (bbq
> cooked) rides for $99, or 2 hour steak dinner rides for $139. All per
> person, obviously.
>
> So, also obviously, a wide range of offerings.
>
> Assuming this will be done on the Monday following the meet, any of the
> above (screw the early am breakfast ride!) might be available. Since we're
> not all sitting in a room discussing this (in which case, we'd be drunk and
> stupid), please post AND email (with a valid addy...I promise not to post
> them!) me with what RANGE of rides would be acceptable. Lunch, dinner,
> w/meal, w/o meal (wine is a given), length of ride, price range, etc.
>
> Thank you for your prompt attention this this matter.

What? I thought this was a done deal.

2 hour steak dinner ride would work best for my wife and myself.

4 hour ride would pretty much kill my hips and legs. 2 hours will be
tough, but I'm hoping I get an old nag that is pretty smooth.

If we go to anything else I'd really prefer nothin longer than two hours.
If we go four I'll mebbe have to find myself a motorcycle...

Pat Styles
November 24th 04, 10:01 PM
"Keith Hobman" > wrote in message
> In article et>, "David
> Cohen" > wrote:
>
>> Consensus and commitments needed now.
>>
>> One place has a range from one hour rides for $27.50 to four hour rides for
>> $100, or 4 hour + box lunch for $115. The other has 2 hour lunch (bbq
>> cooked) rides for $99, or 2 hour steak dinner rides for $139. All per
>> person, obviously.
>>
>> So, also obviously, a wide range of offerings.
>>
>> Assuming this will be done on the Monday following the meet, any of the
>> above (screw the early am breakfast ride!) might be available. Since we're
>> not all sitting in a room discussing this (in which case, we'd be drunk and
>> stupid), please post AND email (with a valid addy...I promise not to post
>> them!) me with what RANGE of rides would be acceptable. Lunch, dinner,
>> w/meal, w/o meal (wine is a given), length of ride, price range, etc.
>>
>> Thank you for your prompt attention this this matter.
>
> What? I thought this was a done deal.
>
> 2 hour steak dinner ride would work best for my wife and myself.
>
> 4 hour ride would pretty much kill my hips and legs. 2 hours will be
> tough, but I'm hoping I get an old nag that is pretty smooth.

I'll tell your wife you said that... unless you pay me not to. :-)
ps

Keith Hobman
November 24th 04, 10:15 PM
In article <[email protected]>, "Pat Styles"
> wrote:

> "Keith Hobman" > wrote in message
> > In article et>, "David
> > Cohen" > wrote:
> >
> >> Consensus and commitments needed now.
> >>
> >> One place has a range from one hour rides for $27.50 to four hour rides for
> >> $100, or 4 hour + box lunch for $115. The other has 2 hour lunch (bbq
> >> cooked) rides for $99, or 2 hour steak dinner rides for $139. All per
> >> person, obviously.
> >>
> >> So, also obviously, a wide range of offerings.
> >>
> >> Assuming this will be done on the Monday following the meet, any of the
> >> above (screw the early am breakfast ride!) might be available. Since we're
> >> not all sitting in a room discussing this (in which case, we'd be drunk and
> >> stupid), please post AND email (with a valid addy...I promise not to post
> >> them!) me with what RANGE of rides would be acceptable. Lunch, dinner,
> >> w/meal, w/o meal (wine is a given), length of ride, price range, etc.
> >>
> >> Thank you for your prompt attention this this matter.
> >
> > What? I thought this was a done deal.
> >
> > 2 hour steak dinner ride would work best for my wife and myself.
> >
> > 4 hour ride would pretty much kill my hips and legs. 2 hours will be
> > tough, but I'm hoping I get an old nag that is pretty smooth.
>
> I'll tell your wife you said that... unless you pay me not to. :-)
> ps

Hmmm...

Let me think about how much it's worth for me to pay you to tell her.

Oh. Wait. Pay not to tell her?

Fuggetabuttit.

Lee Michaels
November 25th 04, 12:14 AM
"David Cohen"

> Thank you for your prompt attention this this matter.
>
> Elzi's Social Secretary,
> David

Elzi's Social Secretary??

I trust you are kept well disclipined.

John Hanson
November 25th 04, 02:55 AM
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:21:20 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>Consensus and commitments needed now.
>
>One place has a range from one hour rides for $27.50 to four hour rides for
>$100, or 4 hour + box lunch for $115. The other has 2 hour lunch (bbq
>cooked) rides for $99, or 2 hour steak dinner rides for $139. All per
>person, obviously.
>
>So, also obviously, a wide range of offerings.
>
>Assuming this will be done on the Monday following the meet, any of the
>above (screw the early am breakfast ride!) might be available. Since we're
>not all sitting in a room discussing this (in which case, we'd be drunk and
>stupid), please post AND email (with a valid addy...I promise not to post
>them!) me with what RANGE of rides would be acceptable. Lunch, dinner,
>w/meal, w/o meal (wine is a given), length of ride, price range, etc.
>
>Thank you for your prompt attention this this matter.
>
>Elzi's Social Secretary,
>David

Here's the deal. I'd be more than happy to take the pony ride but my
buddy Scott is a big pussy when it comes to horses. He refuses to
ride but would like to do an after ride dinner/drinking thing. So it
looks as if we will have to meet you guys after the trail ride. On a
positive note, he's huge into photography and will take tons of
pictures of the meet.

Hey Scott, I called you a pussy...hehe.

David Cohen
November 25th 04, 03:15 AM
"John Hanson" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>>Consensus and commitments needed now.
>>
>>One place has a range from one hour rides for $27.50 to four hour rides
>>for
>>$100, or 4 hour + box lunch for $115. The other has 2 hour lunch (bbq
>>cooked) rides for $99, or 2 hour steak dinner rides for $139. All per
>>person, obviously.
>>
>>So, also obviously, a wide range of offerings.
>>
>>Assuming this will be done on the Monday following the meet, any of the
>>above (screw the early am breakfast ride!) might be available. Since we're
>>not all sitting in a room discussing this (in which case, we'd be drunk
>>and
>>stupid), please post AND email (with a valid addy...I promise not to post
>>them!) me with what RANGE of rides would be acceptable. Lunch, dinner,
>>w/meal, w/o meal (wine is a given), length of ride, price range, etc.
>>
>>Thank you for your prompt attention this this matter.
>>
>>Elzi's Social Secretary,
>>David
>>
> Here's the deal. I'd be more than happy to take the pony ride but my
> buddy Scott is a big pussy when it comes to horses. He refuses to
> ride but would like to do an after ride dinner/drinking thing. So it
> looks as if we will have to meet you guys after the trail ride. On a
> positive note, he's huge into photography and will take tons of
> pictures of the meet.

Maybe a 2 hour lunch ride and a dinner/drinking thing in town afterwards.
You may not realize this, but Las Vegas has a couple places to do that.
We'll have to wait for all the responders to respond. Which is what
responders do.

David

Keith Hobman
November 25th 04, 01:58 PM
In article t>, "David
Cohen" > wrote:

> "John Hanson" > wrote
> > "David Cohen" > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
> >>Consensus and commitments needed now.
> >>
> >>One place has a range from one hour rides for $27.50 to four hour rides
> >>for
> >>$100, or 4 hour + box lunch for $115. The other has 2 hour lunch (bbq
> >>cooked) rides for $99, or 2 hour steak dinner rides for $139. All per
> >>person, obviously.
> >>
> >>So, also obviously, a wide range of offerings.
> >>
> >>Assuming this will be done on the Monday following the meet, any of the
> >>above (screw the early am breakfast ride!) might be available. Since we're
> >>not all sitting in a room discussing this (in which case, we'd be drunk
> >>and
> >>stupid), please post AND email (with a valid addy...I promise not to post
> >>them!) me with what RANGE of rides would be acceptable. Lunch, dinner,
> >>w/meal, w/o meal (wine is a given), length of ride, price range, etc.
> >>
> >>Thank you for your prompt attention this this matter.
> >>
> >>Elzi's Social Secretary,
> >>David
> >>
> > Here's the deal. I'd be more than happy to take the pony ride but my
> > buddy Scott is a big pussy when it comes to horses. He refuses to
> > ride but would like to do an after ride dinner/drinking thing. So it
> > looks as if we will have to meet you guys after the trail ride. On a
> > positive note, he's huge into photography and will take tons of
> > pictures of the meet.
>
> Maybe a 2 hour lunch ride and a dinner/drinking thing in town afterwards.
> You may not realize this, but Las Vegas has a couple places to do that.
> We'll have to wait for all the responders to respond. Which is what
> responders do.

They do that in Las Vegas?

Dayum.

On a serious note - with all the pseudo-cowboys in town looking to do
something during the day I wonder if we'll be able to find a place not
booked. This is National Finals week in Vegas.

I bet all my cousins are down there.