PDA

View Full Version : Inspire me, MFW!

Matt Shepherd
November 25th 04, 04:24 PM
Well -- I was posting in here off and on as a newbie about a year ago -- and
I'm still a newbie -- but following a pretty serious bike accident I laid
off.

And sometime in the interim, apparently, this NG became
misc.policitcal.jibbajabba. I'm a raging lefty, but I usually manage to keep
it to myself... what the heck is up with you guys?

But that's beside the point.

Anyone have any quick links to some really good kick-ass stick-to-the-plan
stupid little texts? I know it sounds like self-help wimpy crap, but I'm
just getting back into the swing of things after a long time unable to do
much, and I really need some motivation. I'm thinking of dropping some
things on index-card sized pieces of paper to tape to the monitor at work,
the fridge at home, the bathroom mirror, yadda yadda yadda.

If you know of any great stay-the-course type messages to keep me from
eating crap and keep hitting the road T/Th/Sa and the weights M/W/F, I'm all
ears.

- Matt

John Hanson
November 25th 04, 05:13 PM
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:24:25 -0500, "Matt Shepherd"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>Well -- I was posting in here off and on as a newbie about a year ago -- and
>I'm still a newbie -- but following a pretty serious bike accident I laid
>off.

Green Party activist, eh?

Matt Shepherd
November 25th 04, 06:20 PM
"John Hanson" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:24:25 -0500, "Matt Shepherd"
> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
> >Well -- I was posting in here off and on as a newbie about a year ago --
and
> >I'm still a newbie -- but following a pretty serious bike accident I laid
> >off.
> >
> Green Party activist, eh?

LOL!

No, just broke.

- Matt

Neil Gendzwill
November 25th 04, 07:31 PM
Matt Shepherd wrote:

> If you know of any great stay-the-course type messages to keep me from
> eating crap and keep hitting the road T/Th/Sa and the weights M/W/F, I'm all
> ears.

I'm kind of an mfw newbie here but I think I can give a good general
motivational mfw-style message:

Butch the **** up!

Neil

Denis
November 25th 04, 11:00 PM
> If you know of any great stay-the-course type messages to keep me from
> eating crap and keep hitting the road T/Th/Sa and the weights M/W/F, I'm
> all
> ears.

I'm more visual - tape the Carmen Electra swim suit picutre or something on
your fridge.
Denis

Axel of the North!
December 2nd 04, 05:21 AM
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:00:02 -0700, "Denis" > wrote:

>> If you know of any great stay-the-course type messages to keep me from
>> eating crap and keep hitting the road T/Th/Sa and the weights M/W/F, I'm
>> all
>> ears.
>
>I'm more visual - tape the Carmen Electra swim suit picutre or something on
>your fridge.
>Denis

just wtf does that **** have to do with constructive motivation?

Larisa
December 2nd 04, 11:37 PM
Not sure about texts, but I think pictures would be better. Or
measurements. Any kind of indication of the progress you're making.