PDA

View Full Version : Re: Americans murder over 6,000 in Falluja

Jim
November 28th 04, 03:57 AM
Too many cross posted groups.. I give Bush alot of credit. I dont agree with
him..but dammit..he stuck to his guns.

Jim

ah
November 28th 04, 02:00 PM
JAF wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 22:57:14 -0500, "Jim" > wrote:
>
>> I give Bush alot of credit. I dont agree with
>>him..but dammit..he stuck to his guns.
>
> So did Hitler.
>
> ****, I've Godwinned myself; end of thread.

Times, they are a changin'.
--
ah

Rural living is good living
November 29th 04, 06:36 AM
>But that is a concept that totally eludes
>europeans who have never had to fight and die for their freedom which has
>been guaranteed by the US for the past 100+ years.

WTF? What about the Spainish Civil War, WWI, WWII, and the 1/2 dozen wars in
the Baltic Region?
_______
"They charge you $15 if you fail to show for your 'free' appointment" by Lurker
on a Gold's Gym policy.

Tired of corrupt politicians and busybodies trying to run your life, family,
and property?
Visit http://www.freestateproject.com

Gossamer
November 29th 04, 04:06 PM
"Skokkie" > wrote in message

> "Tony" > wrote in message
> > Jim wrote:
> > > Trust in your president. George W. Our leader.
> > >
> > > http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/november2004/221104bilboard.jpg
> >
> > And don't forget that the majority of the American voting public support
> > these murders.
> >
> > THE biggest threat to world peace lies not in the middle east, but in
> > the mentality of the USA public.
> BreakPoint with Charles Colson
> Commentary #041122 - 11/22/2004
>
> Hitting the Road
> Tiring and Huddled Masses
>
> A lot of people are upset about the outcome of this year's election. The
> prospect of having to share their country with people who voted for Bush
and
> oppose same-sex "marriage" has left them unhinged.
>
> Historian Garry Wills, writing in the New York Times, called November 2
the
> "day the Enlightenment went out." His characterization of American
society,
> and Christians in particular, made it sound like you can expect your
doctor
> to prescribe leeches at your next visit.

do some research. leeches ARE currently being used in medicine

> Other people are so distraught about the election that they are thinking
> about emigrating. The country that comes up first, of course, in these
> stories is Canada.
>
> That makes sense. It is close, Canadians are friendly, and they speak
> English-at least most of them do. Canada, however, is cold, and with the
> National Hockey League on strike, the winters are even longer than usual.
> Add higher taxes and no mortgage interest deduction, and it's no surprise
> that some of the huddled masses of liberals are looking for an
alternative.

and canada does not respect free speech rights or gun rights. in many ways
it is far less free than america.

which is ironic, for all these people who are fleeing this allegedly
fascistic country

otoh, if you want to smoke MJ, canada has good, quasi-legal weed

whit

> For some that alternative is Central America. A woman quoted by Reuters
has
> put her home on the market in preparation for her exile. She'll probably
> have lots of company. Her real estate agent told her that he received
> "forty-five calls in one day from Americans looking to move to the same
> location."
>
> These aspiring expatriates are in for a surprise. The explosive growth of
> Christianity, especially Pentecostalism, in Central America makes those
> countries even less receptive to ideas like same-sex "marriage" than our
> country. The hired help-expatriates can hire cooks and valets for a dollar
> an hour-will think that someone who left the United States over same-sex
> "marriage" is, at best, mad and, at worst, demon-possessed.
>
> Our expatriates may find tracts strategically placed in the bathrooms and
> wake up one night to find that the local Pentecostal church is standing
> outside for an all-night prayer vigil, complete with a "Jericho march"
> around the concrete-and-stucco walls.
>
> Of course, few, if any, of these people will actually move. The real issue
> in stories like this isn't their disillusionment with their country, but
> their intolerance and contempt for their fellow citizens.
>
> This contempt is on display when Wills asks, "Can a people that believes
> more fervently in the Virgin birth than in evolution still be called an
> Enlightened nation?" That is, people who disagree with him on same-sex
> "marriage" and abortion are more than wrong-they're deficient in what he
> calls "Enlightenment values," like "critical intelligence," "a regard for
> the secular sciences," and, of course, "tolerance."
>
> You see, despite their professed devotion to democracy, the words of Wills
> and others betray a preference for oligarchy, rule by a like-minded few.
For
> all of the talk about "pluralism," they will only tolerate different
> points-of-view if theirs are the only views that matter. Rather than be
> governed by those they consider their "inferiors," they threaten to move
or
> even secede from the United States.
>
> As I said, it's mostly talk, but the kind of talk you ought to keep in
mind
> the next time you hear Christians being called "intolerant." After all, we
> are not the ones calling real estate agents, yelling "¿Habla Ingles?" into
> the telephone.

Lee Michaels
November 29th 04, 04:11 PM
"Gossamer"

> and canada does not respect free speech rights or gun rights. in many
ways
> it is far less free than america.
>
> which is ironic, for all these people who are fleeing this allegedly
> fascistic country
>
> otoh, if you want to smoke MJ, canada has good, quasi-legal weed
>
> whit

Well, it makes sense.

You smoke enough weed, you don't care that much about rights of various
kinds. As long as the weed is the quality stuff. Not the stuff that the
Canadian guv'mint grows.