PDA

View Full Version : Meet Report: First WL competition

Jonathan
November 28th 04, 04:13 PM
Or any lifting competition, for that matter.

Personal bests going into the English North West Open Championship
were 75 snatch and 110 clean and jerk. The 75 was really a power
snatch, my technique being in need of such improvement that I can
power snatch the same as I can full snatch (and power snatch more
reliably). Should have done more really- seem to have had some kind of
psychological barrier with snatches. My clean (PB 115) is better than
my jerk, but going into this comp I hadn't squatted or done any full
lifts for over a month because I hurt my hips with too much squatting.

Weighed in at 88.6kg

Opened on snatches at 70, then went to 75, both easy power snatches.
Decided to forgo 80 and take 77.5, but as it happened it was the best
of the lot- power snatched for a PB. Three white lights for all three.
If I can sort out my squat snatch I ought to be good for 90 in no
time. If.

C&Js hadn't been feeling too good. Opened at 100 and did an awful
clean (bloody annoying considering a few weeks ago I full cleaned 105
for an easy 4 reps); jerk was OK- three white lights.
105 next. Much better clean. Jerk wobbled a bit and I could feel my
extension wasn't quite right on my left arm- which is no doubt why I
got one red light. But I got it on a majority decision.
Wasn't feeling too great, but thought I might as well at least try to
equal my PB so asked for 110. Just missed the clean.

Still, 5 out of 6 ain't bad. Next year- 100/130.

Jonathan

Pat Styles
November 28th 04, 04:25 PM
"Jonathan" > wrote in message
om...
> Or any lifting competition, for that matter.
>
> Personal bests going into the English North West Open Championship
> were 75 snatch and 110 clean and jerk. The 75 was really a power
> snatch, my technique being in need of such improvement that I can
> power snatch the same as I can full snatch (and power snatch more
> reliably). Should have done more really- seem to have had some kind of
> psychological barrier with snatches. My clean (PB 115) is better than
> my jerk, but going into this comp I hadn't squatted or done any full
> lifts for over a month because I hurt my hips with too much squatting.
>
> Weighed in at 88.6kg
>
> Opened on snatches at 70, then went to 75, both easy power snatches.
> Decided to forgo 80 and take 77.5, but as it happened it was the best
> of the lot- power snatched for a PB. Three white lights for all three.
> If I can sort out my squat snatch I ought to be good for 90 in no
> time. If.
>
> C&Js hadn't been feeling too good. Opened at 100 and did an awful
> clean (bloody annoying considering a few weeks ago I full cleaned 105
> for an easy 4 reps); jerk was OK- three white lights.
> 105 next. Much better clean. Jerk wobbled a bit and I could feel my
> extension wasn't quite right on my left arm- which is no doubt why I
> got one red light. But I got it on a majority decision.
> Wasn't feeling too great, but thought I might as well at least try to
> equal my PB so asked for 110. Just missed the clean.
>
> Still, 5 out of 6 ain't bad. Next year- 100/130.
>
> Jonathan

Congrats.
ps

John Hanson
November 28th 04, 05:36 PM
On 28 Nov 2004 08:13:51 -0800, (Jonathan)
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>Or any lifting competition, for that matter.
>
>Personal bests going into the English North West Open Championship
>were 75 snatch and 110 clean and jerk. The 75 was really a power
>snatch, my technique being in need of such improvement that I can
>power snatch the same as I can full snatch (and power snatch more
>reliably). Should have done more really- seem to have had some kind of
>psychological barrier with snatches. My clean (PB 115) is better than
>my jerk, but going into this comp I hadn't squatted or done any full
>lifts for over a month because I hurt my hips with too much squatting.
>
>Weighed in at 88.6kg
>
>Opened on snatches at 70, then went to 75, both easy power snatches.
>Decided to forgo 80 and take 77.5, but as it happened it was the best
>of the lot- power snatched for a PB. Three white lights for all three.
>If I can sort out my squat snatch I ought to be good for 90 in no
>time. If.
>
>C&Js hadn't been feeling too good. Opened at 100 and did an awful
>clean (bloody annoying considering a few weeks ago I full cleaned 105
>for an easy 4 reps); jerk was OK- three white lights.
>105 next. Much better clean. Jerk wobbled a bit and I could feel my
>extension wasn't quite right on my left arm- which is no doubt why I
>got one red light. But I got it on a majority decision.
>Wasn't feeling too great, but thought I might as well at least try to
>equal my PB so asked for 110. Just missed the clean.
>
>Still, 5 out of 6 ain't bad. Next year- 100/130.

Congratulations! Far better than what I could do, I'm sure. Good
job.

Keith Hobman
November 28th 04, 06:58 PM
In article >,
(Jonathan) wrote:

> Or any lifting competition, for that matter.
>
> Personal bests going into the English North West Open Championship
> were 75 snatch and 110 clean and jerk. The 75 was really a power
> snatch, my technique being in need of such improvement that I can
> power snatch the same as I can full snatch (and power snatch more
> reliably). Should have done more really- seem to have had some kind of
> psychological barrier with snatches. My clean (PB 115) is better than
> my jerk, but going into this comp I hadn't squatted or done any full
> lifts for over a month because I hurt my hips with too much squatting.
>
> Weighed in at 88.6kg
>
> Opened on snatches at 70, then went to 75, both easy power snatches.
> Decided to forgo 80 and take 77.5, but as it happened it was the best
> of the lot- power snatched for a PB. Three white lights for all three.
> If I can sort out my squat snatch I ought to be good for 90 in no
> time. If.
>
> C&Js hadn't been feeling too good. Opened at 100 and did an awful
> clean (bloody annoying considering a few weeks ago I full cleaned 105
> for an easy 4 reps); jerk was OK- three white lights.
> 105 next. Much better clean. Jerk wobbled a bit and I could feel my
> extension wasn't quite right on my left arm- which is no doubt why I
> got one red light. But I got it on a majority decision.
> Wasn't feeling too great, but thought I might as well at least try to
> equal my PB so asked for 110. Just missed the clean.
>
> Still, 5 out of 6 ain't bad. Next year- 100/130.

Woot!