PDA

View Full Version : Fox news-club dues

Jim
November 28th 04, 10:03 PM
Im friggin damn ****ed off..I joined this new gym and every single station
in front of the cardio machines is tuned to Fox news. I CANNOT deal with
this. I'm already locked in for a year. I complained about it and the bitch
gave me a dirty look and said she would look into it.
One saving grace was a hot babe overheard me and gave me bigtime kudos. I
could have pursued her but I never cheat on my lady. I get very unmanageable
when Jenny is away.

Jim

Proton Soup
November 28th 04, 10:39 PM
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:03:34 -0500, "Jim" > wrote:

>Im friggin damn ****ed off..I joined this new gym and every single station
>in front of the cardio machines is tuned to Fox news. I CANNOT deal with
>this. I'm already locked in for a year. I complained about it and the bitch
>gave me a dirty look and said she would look into it.
>One saving grace was a hot babe overheard me and gave me bigtime kudos. I
>could have pursued her but I never cheat on my lady. I get very unmanageable
>when Jenny is away.

Dude, you sound like all cool and rebellious and ****. Rock on. \m/

-----------
Proton Soup

"Thanks for noticing that I didn't actually say anything." - Mike Lane

John Hanson
November 28th 04, 10:55 PM
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:03:34 -0500, "Jim" > wrote
in misc.fitness.weights:

>Im friggin damn ****ed off..I joined this new gym and every single station
>in front of the cardio machines is tuned to Fox news. I CANNOT deal with
>this. I'm already locked in for a year. I complained about it and the bitch
>gave me a dirty look and said she would look into it.
>One saving grace was a hot babe overheard me and gave me bigtime kudos. I
>could have pursued her but I never cheat on my lady. I get very unmanageable
>when Jenny is away.

Use the anger, Jim.

Jim
November 28th 04, 10:55 PM
"Proton Soup" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:03:34 -0500, "Jim" > wrote:
>
>>Im friggin damn ****ed off..I joined this new gym and every single station
>>in front of the cardio machines is tuned to Fox news. I CANNOT deal with
>>this. I'm already locked in for a year. I complained about it and the
>>bitch
>>gave me a dirty look and said she would look into it.
>>One saving grace was a hot babe overheard me and gave me bigtime kudos. I
>>could have pursued her but I never cheat on my lady. I get very
>>unmanageable
>>when Jenny is away.
>
> Dude, you sound like all cool and rebellious and ****. Rock on. \m/

I am cool and rebellious but this is terrible. I might have to get a walkman
thing for my cardio.

Jim

Idie
November 29th 04, 12:50 AM
Jim > wrote in message

> "Proton Soup" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:03:34 -0500, "Jim" > wrote:
> >
> >>Im friggin damn ****ed off..I joined this new gym and every single
station
> >>in front of the cardio machines is tuned to Fox news. I CANNOT deal with
> >>this. I'm already locked in for a year. I complained about it and the
> >>bitch
> >>gave me a dirty look and said she would look into it.
> >>One saving grace was a hot babe overheard me and gave me bigtime kudos.
> >>could have pursued her but I never cheat on my lady. I get very
> >>unmanageable
> >>when Jenny is away.
> >
> > Dude, you sound like all cool and rebellious and ****. Rock on. \m/
> >

> I am cool and rebellious but this is terrible. I might have to get a
walkman
> thing for my cardio.
>
> Jim

are you such an etrenched ideologue that listening to right-leaning news
(When all the other networks are left leaning) would throw your fragile
world awry?

whit

Jim
November 29th 04, 01:01 AM
"Idie" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> Jim > wrote in message

> station
>> >
>> > Dude, you sound like all cool and rebellious and ****. Rock on. \m/
>> >

>> I am cool and rebellious but this is terrible. I might have to get a
> walkman
>> thing for my cardio.
>>
>> Jim
>>

> are you such an etrenched ideologue that listening to right-leaning news
> (When all the other networks are left leaning) would throw your fragile
> world awry?
>
> whit

Yes..people watch Fox news and get wrong info cuz they dont understand it is
right wing. Thats the problem..For gods sake..could you imagine if there was
a liberal news station! The righties would be screaming holy terror!

Jim

Pete
November 29th 04, 01:40 AM
Jim wrote:

> Yes..people watch Fox news and get wrong info cuz they dont
> understand it is right wing. Thats the problem..For gods sake..could
> you imagine if there was a liberal news station! The righties would
> be screaming holy terror!

> Jim

Omigod. Imagine the horror IF there were a liberal news station!

---

John M. Williams
November 29th 04, 03:43 AM
"Jim" > wrote:

>"Idie" > wrote:
>>
>> are you such an etrenched ideologue that listening to right-leaning news
>> (When all the other networks are left leaning) would throw your fragile
>> world awry?
>>
>> whit
>
>Yes..people watch Fox news and get wrong info cuz they dont understand it is
>right wing. Thats the problem..For gods sake..could you imagine if there was
>a liberal news station! The righties would be screaming holy terror!

Oh, bull****. They don't get anything "wrong." They just hear a
different spin. I don't see anything factually different on Fox than
what I see on other networks. Only the opinion differs. You just
can't stand to hear opinions that differ from your own.

Wait ... I stand corrected. You purposely listen to Rush Limbaugh, so
you can stand to hear those opinions. You just like to bitch about
it.

Wait ... I stand corrected once again. You LOVE to bitch about it.
You LIVE to bitch about it.

There. I think that's a bit more clear.

Dally
November 29th 04, 04:51 AM
Jim wrote:
> "Idie" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>
>>Jim > wrote in message

>>station

>>>I am cool and rebellious but this is terrible. I might have to get a
>>
>>walkman
>>
>>>thing for my cardio.
>>>
>>>Jim
>>>

>>are you such an etrenched ideologue that listening to right-leaning news
>>(When all the other networks are left leaning) would throw your fragile
>>world awry?
>>
>>whit
>

> Yes..people watch Fox news and get wrong info cuz they dont understand it is
> right wing. Thats the problem..For gods sake..could you imagine if there was
> a liberal news station! The righties would be screaming holy terror!
>
> Jim

I think I heard something about this on NPR once.

Dally

Idie
November 29th 04, 05:18 AM
Dally > wrote in message
> Jim wrote:
> > "Idie" > wrote in message
> > nk.net...

> >>station

> >>walkman

> >>are you such an etrenched ideologue that listening to right-leaning news
> >>(When all the other networks are left leaning) would throw your fragile
> >>world awry?
> >>
> >>whit
> >

> > Yes..people watch Fox news and get wrong info

no, they don't. they get correct INFO, that is spun with a rightleaning
slant

considering that there have been scandals at the NYT, CNN, CBS, Washington
Post and the New Republic (all left leaning) showing that they presented the
WRONG info in certain cases, but NOT at Fox News, all evidence points to the
fact that fox is at least, if not more scrutinous of the verity of their
INFO

it's the SPIN you don't like, because you'd prefer left spin

fox news is not presenting falsehoods.

\cuz they dont understand it is
> > right wing. Thats the problem..For gods sake..could you imagine if there
was
> > a liberal news station! The righties would be screaming holy terror!
> >
> > Jim

fox news TILTS right. that is undeniably true. it is just as undeniably
true that CBS, ABC, NBC and CNN tilt left. noted that CNN especially have
been moving rightward due to lost market share

fox tilts right wing. it's not some sort of far right propaganda, any more
than CNN is far left or "liberal" propaganda

it's a matter of tilt

if you want LIBERAL news, read the Nation or Mother Jones. i do

whit

> I think I heard something about this on NPR once.
>
> Dally

GaryG
November 30th 04, 12:51 AM
ink.net...

wrote:

> kudos.

\m/

> > > Yes..people watch Fox news and get wrong info
>
> no, they don't. they get correct INFO, that is spun with a rightleaning
> slant
>
> considering that there have been scandals at the NYT, CNN, CBS, Washington
> Post and the New Republic (all left leaning) showing that they presented
the
> WRONG info in certain cases, but NOT at Fox News, all evidence points to
the
> fact that fox is at least, if not more scrutinous of the verity of their
> INFO

Oh, like when Fox reported that Kerry had had a manicure on the day of the
first debate?

They later printed a retraction on their web site.

GG

> it's the SPIN you don't like, because you'd prefer left spin
>
> fox news is not presenting falsehoods.
>
> \cuz they dont understand it is
> > > right wing. Thats the problem..For gods sake..could you imagine if
there
> was
> > > a liberal news station! The righties would be screaming holy terror!
> > >
> > > Jim
>
> fox news TILTS right. that is undeniably true. it is just as undeniably
> true that CBS, ABC, NBC and CNN tilt left. noted that CNN especially have
> been moving rightward due to lost market share
>
> fox tilts right wing. it's not some sort of far right propaganda, any
more
> than CNN is far left or "liberal" propaganda
>
> it's a matter of tilt
>
> if you want LIBERAL news, read the Nation or Mother Jones. i do
>
> whit
>

> > I think I heard something about this on NPR once.
> >
> > Dally

Larry Hodges
November 30th 04, 03:15 PM
Jim wrote:
> "Idie" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>>
>> Jim > wrote in message

>>> I am cool and rebellious but this is terrible. I might have to get
>>> a walkman thing for my cardio.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>

>> are you such an etrenched ideologue that listening to right-leaning
>> news (When all the other networks are left leaning) would throw your
>> fragile world awry?
>>
>> whit
>
> Yes..people watch Fox news and get wrong info cuz they dont
> understand it is right wing. Thats the problem..For gods sake..could
> you imagine if there was a liberal news station! The righties would
> be screaming holy terror!
> Jim

You mean like CNN and MSNBC?
--
-Larry
Canada...leading the world in being just north of the United States.

Lucas Buck
December 3rd 04, 10:12 PM
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:51:31 -0800, "GaryG" > wrote:

>"Idie" > wrote in message
ink.net...

>> Dally > wrote in message

>the
>> kudos.

>\m/

>news
>fragile

>> no, they don't. they get correct INFO, that is spun with a rightleaning
>> slant
>>
>> considering that there have been scandals at the NYT, CNN, CBS, Washington
>> Post and the New Republic (all left leaning) showing that they presented
>the
>> WRONG info in certain cases, but NOT at Fox News, all evidence points to
>the
>> fact that fox is at least, if not more scrutinous of the verity of their
>> INFO
>
>Oh, like when Fox reported that Kerry had had a manicure on the day of the
>first debate?
>
>They later printed a retraction on their web site.
>
>GG

Fox News never "reported" such a thing. There was a reference to "Kerry being
proud of his debate-day manicure" that appeared in a dummy placeholder article
(e.g. like the Target web site listing for "marijuana") that could be retrieved
via the site's search feature, but that's all.

Tua Mater
December 5th 04, 06:04 AM
news:1102111937.Y/[email protected]
wrote:

> >"Idie" > wrote in message
> ink.net...

> >the
> >> kudos.

> >\m/

> >news
> >fragile

> >> no, they don't. they get correct INFO, that is spun with a
rightleaning
> >> slant
> >>
> >> considering that there have been scandals at the NYT, CNN, CBS,
Washington
> >> Post and the New Republic (all left leaning) showing that they
presented
> >the
> >> WRONG info in certain cases, but NOT at Fox News, all evidence points
> >the
> >> fact that fox is at least, if not more scrutinous of the verity of
their
> >> INFO
> >
> >Oh, like when Fox reported that Kerry had had a manicure on the day of
the
> >first debate?
> >
> >They later printed a retraction on their web site.
> >
> >GG
>

> Fox News never "reported" such a thing. There was a reference to "Kerry
being
> proud of his debate-day manicure" that appeared in a dummy placeholder
article
> (e.g. like the Target web site listing for "marijuana") that could be
retrieved
> via the site's search feature, but that's all.

and if THAT was the best example he can come up with, i rest my case

whit