PDA

View Full Version : anyone heard of 10/10 workout?

bc
November 28th 04, 10:25 PM
A friend of mine just told me about a 10/10 lifting routine that he
got turned on to by a friend who he says is, "the most buff guy I've
seen around town." I wasn't too interested in it, because one of the
fundamentals is working to failure. But, I thought I'd throw it out
here to see what others thought.

Done for the major muscle groups,
1 set, 5 to 8 reps to failure
count to 10 on both eccentric and concentric phases of the lift
at failure, hold for 10

He's using machines because he doesn't have a spotter.

So, I told him that going to failure seemed to be less popular these
days, and that was the only part that really concerned me. I suspect
he won't stick with it all that long, because he's trying to only do
it once a week, which means he'll be pretty sore every week.

I've never heard of this routine before. Has anyone else?

- bc

Lyle McDonald
November 29th 04, 02:03 AM
bc wrote:

> A friend of mine just told me about a 10/10 lifting routine that he
> got turned on to by a friend who he says is, "the most buff guy I've
> seen around town." I wasn't too interested in it, because one of the
> fundamentals is working to failure. But, I thought I'd throw it out
> here to see what others thought.
>
> Done for the major muscle groups,
> 1 set, 5 to 8 reps to failure
> count to 10 on both eccentric and concentric phases of the lift
> at failure, hold for 10
>
> He's using machines because he doesn't have a spotter.
>
> So, I told him that going to failure seemed to be less popular these
> days, and that was the only part that really concerned me. I suspect
> he won't stick with it all that long, because he's trying to only do
> it once a week, which means he'll be pretty sore every week.
>
> I've never heard of this routine before. Has anyone else?

Yes.
Superslow bull**** for the masses.

Lyle

Fish! (mmm Thecla)
November 29th 04, 02:10 AM
In article >,
says...
> bc wrote:
>
> > A friend of mine just told me about a 10/10 lifting routine that he
> > got turned on to by a friend who he says is, "the most buff guy I've
> > seen around town." I wasn't too interested in it, because one of the
> > fundamentals is working to failure. But, I thought I'd throw it out
> > here to see what others thought.
> >
> > Done for the major muscle groups,
> > 1 set, 5 to 8 reps to failure
> > count to 10 on both eccentric and concentric phases of the lift
> > at failure, hold for 10
> >
> > He's using machines because he doesn't have a spotter.
> >
> > So, I told him that going to failure seemed to be less popular these
> > days, and that was the only part that really concerned me. I suspect
> > he won't stick with it all that long, because he's trying to only do
> > it once a week, which means he'll be pretty sore every week.
> >
> > I've never heard of this routine before. Has anyone else?
> >

> Yes.
> Superslow bull**** for the masses.
>
> Lyle

But, but, but, he's "the most buff guy I've seen around town."

LOL.

bc
November 30th 04, 07:13 PM
Fish! (mmm Thecla) > wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> says...
> > bc wrote:
> >
> > > A friend of mine just told me about a 10/10 lifting routine that he
> > > got turned on to by a friend who he says is, "the most buff guy I've
> > > seen around town." I wasn't too interested in it, because one of the
> > > fundamentals is working to failure. But, I thought I'd throw it out
> > > here to see what others thought.
> > >
> > > Done for the major muscle groups,
> > > 1 set, 5 to 8 reps to failure
> > > count to 10 on both eccentric and concentric phases of the lift
> > > at failure, hold for 10
> > >
> > > He's using machines because he doesn't have a spotter.
> > >
> > > So, I told him that going to failure seemed to be less popular these
> > > days, and that was the only part that really concerned me. I suspect
> > > he won't stick with it all that long, because he's trying to only do
> > > it once a week, which means he'll be pretty sore every week.
> > >
> > > I've never heard of this routine before. Has anyone else?
> > >

> > Yes.
> > Superslow bull**** for the masses.
> >
> > Lyle
> >

> But, but, but, he's "the most buff guy I've seen around town."
>
> LOL.

Yeah, I tried not to react too hard to that one since my friend is
quite sincere about getting into the gym with this workout, and I
didn't want to dissuade him. My wife suggested that I wait for him
to do it for a while, then offer to workout together a bit using my
routines and see what he thinks. Maybe I'll try that.

- bc

Tua Mater
November 30th 04, 07:23 PM
bc > wrote in message
om...
> Fish! (mmm Thecla) > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > says...

> > > Yes.
> > > Superslow bull**** for the masses.
> > >
> > > Lyle
> > >

> > But, but, but, he's "the most buff guy I've seen around town."
> >
> > LOL.
>
> Yeah, I tried not to react too hard to that one since my friend is
> quite sincere about getting into the gym with this workout, and I
> didn't want to dissuade him. My wife suggested that I wait for him
> to do it for a while, then offer to workout together a bit using my
> routines and see what he thinks. Maybe I'll try that.
>
> - bc

if it gets him into the gym, and working hard, that's the most important
thing

i am callum'esque in that regards

BEING there, and working hard are the most important things

the rest is less so

whit