PDA

View Full Version : New (old?) Weight Gainer Supp

Lee Michaels
November 29th 04, 03:00 AM
Good price too!!.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-3766858-9497426?asin=0823916839

John Hanson
November 29th 04, 03:23 AM
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 03:00:43 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>Good price too!!.
>
>http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-3766858-9497426?asin=0823916839

ROTFLMAO

Kevin J
November 29th 04, 07:10 AM
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 03:00:43 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

>Good price too!!.
>
>http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-3766858-9497426?asin=0823916839

Good price?! It doesn't even list a quantity - if you're just getting
a gram of that weight gainer for that price, it's a rip-off.

Harumpff.

--
kj

John Hanson
November 29th 04, 01:32 PM
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 00:10:00 -0700, Kevin J
!> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 03:00:43 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:
>
>>Good price too!!.
>>
>>http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-3766858-9497426?asin=0823916839
>
>Good price?! It doesn't even list a quantity - if you're just getting
>a gram of that weight gainer for that price, it's a rip-off.
>
>Harumpff.

It does list a shipping size though:
"Estimated Ship Dimensions : 956 hundredths-inches length x 672
hundredths-inches width x 41 hundredths-inches height"

Wouldn't that be the size of a nickel bag?

Will Brink
November 29th 04, 02:27 PM
In article >,
John Hanson > wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 03:00:43 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
> >Good price too!!.
> >
> >http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-3766858-9497426?asin=0823916839
> >

> ROTFLMAO

Is it a spoof site or did someone hack the target site? I dont get it.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

John Hanson
November 29th 04, 02:36 PM
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:27:05 -0500, Will Brink
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>In article >,
> John Hanson > wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 03:00:43 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
>> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>>
>> >Good price too!!.
>> >
>> >http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-3766858-9497426?asin=0823916839
>> >

>> ROTFLMAO
>>

>Is it a spoof site or did someone hack the target site? I dont get it.

Target may be headquartered here but that doesn't mean that I would
have that sort of information. It certainly isn't a spoof site
though.

Lee Michaels
November 29th 04, 02:49 PM
"Will Brink" > wrote

> In article >,
> John Hanson > wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 03:00:43 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> > > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
> >
> > >Good price too!!.
> > >

>http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-3766858-9497426?asin=0823916839
> > >

> > ROTFLMAO
> >

> Is it a spoof site or did someone hack the target site? I dont get it.

I got this on another newsgroup. The folks there have two explanations. One,
it is a new CD. The other is that it is a book. It is offered as an
entertainmant item at Target. There are corresponding items at Amazon with
the Marijuana title (with similar pricing).

Not having a picture is what gets the imagination going with everybody. I
personally thought it was hilarious. The word is that this has been up at
Target for two weeks now. You would think that somebody would have caught it
by now. Or they don't care. Since it is a legitimate product.

But, still....

John Hanson
November 29th 04, 03:04 PM
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:49:34 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>"Will Brink" > wrote
>
>> In article >,
>> John Hanson > wrote:
>>
>> > On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 03:00:43 GMT, "Lee Michaels"

>>http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-3766858-9497426?asin=0823916839
>> > >

>> > ROTFLMAO
>> >

>> Is it a spoof site or did someone hack the target site? I dont get it.
>>

>I got this on another newsgroup. The folks there have two explanations. One,
>it is a new CD. The other is that it is a book. It is offered as an
>entertainmant item at Target. There are corresponding items at Amazon with
>the Marijuana title (with similar pricing).

Target's site is "powered" by Amazon and that's too expensive to be a
CD.

>Not having a picture is what gets the imagination going with everybody. I
>personally thought it was hilarious. The word is that this has been up at
>Target for two weeks now. You would think that somebody would have caught it
>by now. Or they don't care. Since it is a legitimate product.
>
>But, still....

Lee Michaels
November 29th 04, 05:41 PM
"Will Brink" wrote

> John Hanson > wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 03:00:43 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> > > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
> >
> > >Good price too!!.
> > >

>http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-3766858-9497426?asin=0823916839
> > >

> > ROTFLMAO
> >

> Is it a spoof site or did someone hack the target site? I dont get it.

Here is the explanation:

************************************

Note what you have at the end of the address above--an ASIN, which is the
industry-standard barcode number. Plug that into Amazon and they come up
with a hit--it is a book entitled "Marijuana", in a library binding, with
Amazon's price about the same as Target's.

I imput the number into Amazon's search function and got this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823916839/qid%3D1101749936/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-4841227-5771848

Slambram
November 29th 04, 06:25 PM
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:41:54 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

>Here is the explanation:
>
>************************************
>
>Note what you have at the end of the address above--an ASIN, which is the
>industry-standard barcode number. Plug that into Amazon and they come up
>with a hit--it is a book entitled "Marijuana", in a library binding, with
>Amazon's price about the same as Target's.

>I imput the number into Amazon's search function and got this:
>
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823916839/qid%3D1101749936/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-4841227-5771848

Somebody with a sense of humor had to be enter the shippping
dimensions though...

Tua Mater
November 30th 04, 06:27 PM
Lee Michaels > wrote in message
news:2GGqd.484440$D%[email protected]_s51...

> "Will Brink" > wrote
>
> > In article >,
> > John Hanson > wrote:
> >
> > > On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 03:00:43 GMT, "Lee Michaels"

> >http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-3766858-9497426?asin=0823916839
> > > >

> > > ROTFLMAO
> > >

> > Is it a spoof site or did someone hack the target site? I dont get it.
> >

> I got this on another newsgroup. The folks there have two explanations.
One,
> it is a new CD. The other is that it is a book. It is offered as an
> entertainmant item at Target. There are corresponding items at Amazon
with
> the Marijuana title (with similar pricing).
>
> Not having a picture is what gets the imagination going with everybody. I
> personally thought it was hilarious. The word is that this has been up at
> Target for two weeks now. You would think that somebody would have caught
it
> by now. Or they don't care. Since it is a legitimate product.
>
> But, still....

i'm boycotting target because of their ousting of the salvation army

i suggest others do the same

whit

John M. Williams
November 30th 04, 06:52 PM
"Tua Mater" > wrote:

>i'm boycotting target because of their ousting of the salvation army
>
>i suggest others do the same
>
>whit

I did not know about that. There's no Target here in town, anyway,
but I won't be going to any of the ones in surrounding cities.

What we DO have in town is a Salvation Army homeless shelter. It is
well run, well maintained, and provides an extremely important
service. Although I do most of my Christmas shopping with a debit
card, I always carry some cash so I can put money in the Salvation
Army bucket when I leave the store.

Most years, I also spend an hour or two ringing a bell by the bucket
at the local KMart. I have never seen anyone discourteous working any
of the local Salvation Army buckets.

Tua Mater
November 30th 04, 07:04 PM
John M. Williams > wrote in message
> "Tua Mater" > wrote:
> >
> >i'm boycotting target because of their ousting of the salvation army
> >
> >i suggest others do the same
> >
> >whit
>
> I did not know about that.

check google news. they claim that bell ringing gives SA volunteers an
"unfair advantage" over other charities. i **** you not

There's no Target here in town, anyway,
> but I won't be going to any of the ones in surrounding cities.
>
> What we DO have in town is a Salvation Army homeless shelter. It is
> well run, well maintained, and provides an extremely important
> service. Although I do most of my Christmas shopping with a debit
> card, I always carry some cash so I can put money in the Salvation
> Army bucket when I leave the store.
>
> Most years, I also spend an hour or two ringing a bell by the bucket
> at the local KMart. I have never seen anyone discourteous working any
> of the local Salvation Army buckets.\

salvation army is one of the better run charities around. the paramilitary
structure (see: army) also appeals to us paramilitary types. :)

whit

Will Brink
November 30th 04, 08:50 PM

I never step foot into that ****ty store anyway.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

John Hanson
December 1st 04, 04:45 AM
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:04:27 GMT, "Tua Mater" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>John M. Williams > wrote in message
>> "Tua Mater" > wrote:
>> >
>> >i'm boycotting target because of their ousting of the salvation army
>> >
>> >i suggest others do the same
>> >
>> >whit
>>
>> I did not know about that.
>
>check google news. they claim that bell ringing gives SA volunteers an
>"unfair advantage" over other charities. i **** you not

I give them credit for finally being consistent. I sent them an angry
email a few years ago for them not allowing the Marines Toys for Tots
program. They replied back with a very respectful and reasonable
explanation stating that the only exception they make for store
location charities is the Salvation Army and that they get complaints
about having them there.