PDA

View Full Version : Good gym/trainers in Cleveland, Ohio?

Rusty Shackleford
November 29th 04, 08:16 PM
When I hired a personal trainer a few years ago, I worked harder than I
ever have. The routines were brutal, and I nearly threw up several
times after doing a set of 20-rep squats. On the plus side, the only
motivation I had to provide was getting myself to the gym.

Now I've moved. Does anyone have recommendations for the Cleveland,
Ohio area? Alternatively, how to get a workout partner? What do other
people do to tap into the Will to Power?

I don't belong to any gym now. I use the weights in my apartment
complex exercise room and use a routine from the Brawn book. My main
problem is getting to the gym, and then once I'm there, really staying
mentally focused to work to my limit.

JayB
November 29th 04, 10:43 PM
"Rusty Shackleford" > wrote in message
> When I hired a personal trainer a few years ago, I worked harder than I
> ever have. The routines were brutal, and I nearly threw up several
> times after doing a set of 20-rep squats. On the plus side, the only
> motivation I had to provide was getting myself to the gym.
>
> Now I've moved. Does anyone have recommendations for the Cleveland,
> Ohio area? Alternatively, how to get a workout partner? What do other
> people do to tap into the Will to Power?

Meet new friends?

> I don't belong to any gym now. I use the weights in my apartment
> complex exercise room and use a routine from the Brawn book.

Visit http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html and http://www.exrx.net.
Develop a routine that doesn't include 20 reps of anything.

> My main problem is getting to the gym, and then once I'm there, really
> staying
> mentally focused to work to my limit.

Set some goals.

--
JayB

December 1st 04, 03:08 AM
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:16:56 GMT, Rusty Shackleford
> wrote:

>When I hired a personal trainer a few years ago, I worked harder than I
>ever have. The routines were brutal, and I nearly threw up several
>times after doing a set of 20-rep squats. On the plus side, the only
>motivation I had to provide was getting myself to the gym.
>
>Now I've moved. Does anyone have recommendations for the Cleveland,
>Ohio area? Alternatively, how to get a workout partner? What do other
>people do to tap into the Will to Power?
>
>I don't belong to any gym now. I use the weights in my apartment
>complex exercise room and use a routine from the Brawn book. My main
>problem is getting to the gym, and then once I'm there, really staying
>mentally focused to work to my limit.

Check out Men's Journal, December 2004

Peak Performance: The 100 Best Trainers in America

p. 93 Cleveland

John Black's Health World
Cleveland
216-252-1695
(In 2003 he set the world record for lifters 50 and older when he
squatted 800 pounds.) P. 66

John Henry Creel
Mind and Body Fitness, Beachwood, OH
216-464-6117
(plyometrics, resistance training and active stretching)

Ed and Frank King
King's Gym, Bedford, OH
440-439-5464
(explosive plyometrics and sp[ort-specific training)

Jeff and John Palsa
Chagrin Fitness, Beachwood, OH
("Yoga principles meet Pilates and weight training.")