PDA

View Full Version : Bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup?

Fritz Lott
November 30th 04, 01:19 AM
I am 180 lbs. In a one-arm pushup position with my hand on a floor scale it
reads 120 lbs. But certainly bench pressing a 120 lbs dumbbell is MUCH more
difficult than doing a one-arm pushup. I could easily do pushups before I
could bench press 120 lbs (2 x 60 lbs DBs).

What is the bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup????

--
Fritz Lott
220 Sunnyridge Lane

John Hanson
November 30th 04, 03:37 AM
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:19:17 GMT, "Fritz Lott"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>I am 180 lbs. In a one-arm pushup position with my hand on a floor scale it
>reads 120 lbs. But certainly bench pressing a 120 lbs dumbbell is MUCH more
>difficult than doing a one-arm pushup. I could easily do pushups before I
>could bench press 120 lbs (2 x 60 lbs DBs).

I would think that bench pressing a 120 lb dumbbell is MUCH easier
than a one-arm pushup for Garry Frank.

>What is the bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup????

Ah, for cripesakes, it's another Minnesotan. To answer you question,
I think it depends.

User
November 30th 04, 05:52 AM
> What is the bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup????
>
> --
> Fritz Lott
> 220 Sunnyridge Lane
> Golden Valley, MN 55422-5300

More importantly, why on earth do you have your address in your sig on a
public forum?

Steve Freides
November 30th 04, 02:46 PM
"User" > wrote in message
>> What is the bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup????
>>
>> --
>> Fritz Lott
>> 220 Sunnyridge Lane
>> Golden Valley, MN 55422-5300
>
> More importantly, why on earth do you have your address in your sig on
> a public forum?

A quick Google suggests this is a business address, something called WR
Beamish Co. but maybe it's both - I dunno. It was pretty easy to find
the telephone number there, too.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Kromagnon
November 30th 04, 04:33 PM
Fritz Lott wrote:
> I am 180 lbs. In a one-arm pushup position with my hand on a floor
> scale it reads 120 lbs. But certainly bench pressing a 120 lbs
> dumbbell is MUCH more difficult than doing a one-arm pushup. I
> could easily do pushups before I could bench press 120 lbs (2 x 60
> lbs DBs).
>
> What is the bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup????

How many one arm pushups can you do? Maybe a decline press with one arm
on a smith machine would be close. Putting your feet up on a chair, when
doing pushups, would be more like a regular bench.

Also, a good bot can pick up your email address and you will start
receiving tons of spam.

bc
November 30th 04, 07:39 PM
John Hanson > wrote in message >...
> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:19:17 GMT, "Fritz Lott"
> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
> >I am 180 lbs. In a one-arm pushup position with my hand on a floor scale it
> >reads 120 lbs. But certainly bench pressing a 120 lbs dumbbell is MUCH more
> >difficult than doing a one-arm pushup. I could easily do pushups before I
> >could bench press 120 lbs (2 x 60 lbs DBs).
>
> I would think that bench pressing a 120 lb dumbbell is MUCH easier
> than a one-arm pushup for Garry Frank.
> >
> >What is the bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup????
>
> Ah, for cripesakes, it's another Minnesotan. To answer you question,
> I think it depends.

Pushups have lots of stabilizing built in because your feet are on the
floor, wheras the dumbell is flopping around off your shoulder with no
other support than your arm.

Try a 1-arm bench press on a Universal machine. Although there, the
effort of keeping your body rigid for the pushup isn't mimicked
correctly since you're lying on a bench for the press. Well, I guess
it still depends.

- bc

anti-anti
December 1st 04, 12:03 AM
Fritz Lott schrieb:
> I am 180 lbs. In a one-arm pushup position with my hand on a floor scale it
> reads 120 lbs. But certainly bench pressing a 120 lbs dumbbell is MUCH more
> difficult than doing a one-arm pushup. I could easily do pushups before I
> could bench press 120 lbs (2 x 60 lbs DBs).
>
> What is the bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup????
>
> --
> Fritz Lott
> 220 Sunnyridge Lane
> Golden Valley, MN 55422-5300

i used to do one arm pushup and now I train with weights.
let me tell you that one arm pushups don't have any relationships with
free weights. My first bench press was only 60 pounds TOTAL even though
I could do 3 sets of 15 one arm pushups.
Conclusion: don't waste your time with them.

aj
December 1st 04, 12:23 AM
On 2004-12-01, anti-anti > wrote:
> Fritz Lott schrieb:
>> I am 180 lbs. In a one-arm pushup position with my hand on a floor scale it
>> reads 120 lbs. But certainly bench pressing a 120 lbs dumbbell is MUCH more
>> difficult than doing a one-arm pushup. I could easily do pushups before I
>> could bench press 120 lbs (2 x 60 lbs DBs).
>>
>> What is the bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup????
>>
>> --
>> Fritz Lott
>> 220 Sunnyridge Lane
>> Golden Valley, MN 55422-5300
>>

> i used to do one arm pushup and now I train with weights.
> let me tell you that one arm pushups don't have any relationships with
> free weights. My first bench press was only 60 pounds TOTAL even though
> I could do 3 sets of 15 one arm pushups.
> Conclusion: don't waste your time with them.

But they're cool.

--
-aj

anti-anti
December 1st 04, 01:14 AM
aj schrieb:
> On 2004-12-01, anti-anti > wrote:
>
>>Fritz Lott schrieb:
>>
>>>I am 180 lbs. In a one-arm pushup position with my hand on a floor scale it
>>>reads 120 lbs. But certainly bench pressing a 120 lbs dumbbell is MUCH more
>>>difficult than doing a one-arm pushup. I could easily do pushups before I
>>>could bench press 120 lbs (2 x 60 lbs DBs).
>>>
>>>What is the bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup????
>>>
>>>--
>>>Fritz Lott
>>>220 Sunnyridge Lane
>>>Golden Valley, MN 55422-5300
>>>

>>i used to do one arm pushup and now I train with weights.
>>let me tell you that one arm pushups don't have any relationships with
>>free weights. My first bench press was only 60 pounds TOTAL even though
>>I could do 3 sets of 15 one arm pushups.
>>Conclusion: don't waste your time with them.
>

> But they're cool.

yes and no, i remember that they were extremely bad for my lower back.
But as soon as I started benching, the pain went away.
Yes they are cool in the sense that you can get a lot of aggression out
when doing them. The movement is very similar to punching.
I just did some of them 5 minutes ago and I can tell you that i only
"felt it" in the front shoulder muscle, so I think it's a very different
exercise from bench pressing.
i can still do them after a 3 years stop, so I think that benching
has not been detrimental but on the other hand, pushups will not help
your bench.

Steve Freides
December 1st 04, 02:29 AM
"anti-anti" > wrote in message
> Fritz Lott schrieb:
>> I am 180 lbs. In a one-arm pushup position with my hand on a floor
>> scale it
>> reads 120 lbs. But certainly bench pressing a 120 lbs dumbbell is
>> MUCH more
>> difficult than doing a one-arm pushup. I could easily do pushups
>> before I
>> could bench press 120 lbs (2 x 60 lbs DBs).
>>
>> What is the bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup????
>>
>> --
>> Fritz Lott
>> 220 Sunnyridge Lane
>> Golden Valley, MN 55422-5300
>>

> i used to do one arm pushup and now I train with weights.
> let me tell you that one arm pushups don't have any relationships with
> free weights. My first bench press was only 60 pounds TOTAL even
> though I could do 3 sets of 15 one arm pushups.

I'd like to see a picture of those OAPs - I suspect we wouldn't be
calling them "strict." if all you could bench was 60 lbs. I am about
the world's worst bench presser, I cannot do a strict OAP, and even I
bench pressed my bodyweight the first time I tried it.

And I weigh more than 60 lbs. :)

> Conclusion: don't waste your time with them.

http://www.kbnj.com/nw.htm - Pavel's "Naked Warrior", which discussed
the one-armed pushup in great detail and contains a lot of other
information about strength training, too.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

John Hanson
December 1st 04, 04:08 AM
On 30 Nov 2004 11:39:07 -0800, (bc) wrote
in misc.fitness.weights:

>John Hanson > wrote in message >...
>> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:19:17 GMT, "Fritz Lott"
>> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>>
>> >I am 180 lbs. In a one-arm pushup position with my hand on a floor scale it
>> >reads 120 lbs. But certainly bench pressing a 120 lbs dumbbell is MUCH more
>> >difficult than doing a one-arm pushup. I could easily do pushups before I
>> >could bench press 120 lbs (2 x 60 lbs DBs).
>>
>> I would think that bench pressing a 120 lb dumbbell is MUCH easier
>> than a one-arm pushup for Garry Frank.
>> >
>> >What is the bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup????
>>
>> Ah, for cripesakes, it's another Minnesotan. To answer you question,
>> I think it depends.
>
>Pushups have lots of stabilizing built in because your feet are on the
>floor, wheras the dumbell is flopping around off your shoulder with no
>other support than your arm.
>
>Try a 1-arm bench press on a Universal machine. Although there, the
>effort of keeping your body rigid for the pushup isn't mimicked
>correctly since you're lying on a bench for the press. Well, I guess
>it still depends.

Do you know who Garry Frank is? He's a 400+ pound powerlifter who
benches, for sure, over 700.

Rural living is good living
December 1st 04, 05:26 AM
>I'd like to see a picture of those OAPs - I suspect we wouldn't be
>calling them "strict."

What the hell is a strict 1-hand push-up? All I know is that when you do them
fast, it makes your ribs sore (sometimes for weeks at a time).
_______
"They charge you $15 if you fail to show for your 'free' appointment" by Lurker
on a Gold's Gym policy.

Tired of corrupt politicians and busybodies trying to run your life, family,
and property?
Visit http://www.freestateproject.com

Steve Freides
December 1st 04, 02:36 PM
"Rural living is good living" > wrote in
message ...
> >I'd like to see a picture of those OAPs - I suspect we wouldn't be
>>calling them "strict."
>
> What the hell is a strict 1-hand push-up? All I know is that when you
> do them
> fast, it makes your ribs sore (sometimes for weeks at a time).

What's the big deal - one can do strict or crappy two-handed pushups,
too. I see lots of folks at my gym (and also at the TKD school when I
took that) who cannot actually perform a single strict two-handed pushup
but rip off dozens of their own version, usually something with their
butt stuck high in the air and their elbows neither straight at the
start nor bent enough at the bottom. Among other attributes, a strict
pushup means your body is flat and you lower at least until the elbows
are bent either 90 degrees or you're otherwise close to the ground.

A strict OAP looks a strict two-handed pushup except your other hand is
behind your back - body straight and flat to the floor. Crappy ones are
anything that's not that the above, e.g., when you tilt yourself so
that the non-lifting shoulder is up, and you allow your body to bend in
the middle to get the bearing side's hip closer to the ground. The move
becomes a gloried version of sitting on the ground and propping yourself
up with one arm out to your side. Because of the resistance level, a
crappy OAP isn't particularly dangerous like a bad squat or deadlift
could be, but it's still a crappy OAP.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

_______
> "They charge you $15 if you fail to show for your 'free' appointment"
> by Lurker
> on a Gold's Gym policy.
>
> Tired of corrupt politicians and busybodies trying to run your life,
> family,
> and property?
> Visit http://www.freestateproject.com

Steve Freides
December 1st 04, 04:39 PM
"Peter Allen" > wrote in message
> "Steve Freides" > wrote in message

>> > i used to do one arm pushup and now I train with weights.
>> > let me tell you that one arm pushups don't have any relationships
>> > with
>> > free weights. My first bench press was only 60 pounds TOTAL even
>> > though I could do 3 sets of 15 one arm pushups.
>>
>> I'd like to see a picture of those OAPs - I suspect we wouldn't be
>> calling them "strict." if all you could bench was 60 lbs. I am about
>> the world's worst bench presser, I cannot do a strict OAP, and even I
>> bench pressed my bodyweight the first time I tried it.
>
> I think I win 'worst bench presser'. I've actually tried testing my
> max now,
> since el coach required it. 60kg, and I'm a few pounds heavier than
> you,
> too.

But the other guy claimed a 60 _pound_, not 60 kilo, max. You're
certainly better than he is. Me, I got 180 lbs at a meet in August as a
148, ~80 kilos @ 67.5, and I probably won't do any better than that next
time around, either. I train BP as little as possible - bothers my back,
bothers my shoulders. Eventually I hope to figure out a groove for
myself that at least allows me to train it regularly enough to make some
progress - 1.5 x bodyweight would make me _very_ happy but it'll be a
few years down the road before I see that, if ever.

And to get back to the original point, there's no way anyone who can
only bench 60 _pounds_ can perform a real one-armed pushup. I doubt 60
kg would cut it, either.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

> Peter

DRS
December 1st 04, 04:41 PM
"Peter Allen" > wrote in message

[...]

> I think I win 'worst bench presser'. I've actually tried testing my
> max now, since el coach required it. 60kg, and I'm a few pounds
> heavier than you, too.

My press sucks, too. I tried to go heavier but something in my right elbow
keeps threatening to collapse on me.

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

Peter Allen
December 1st 04, 04:47 PM
"Steve Freides" > wrote in message
> "anti-anti" > wrote in message
> > Fritz Lott schrieb:
> >> I am 180 lbs. In a one-arm pushup position with my hand on a floor
> >> scale it
> >> reads 120 lbs. But certainly bench pressing a 120 lbs dumbbell is
> >> MUCH more
> >> difficult than doing a one-arm pushup. I could easily do pushups
> >> before I
> >> could bench press 120 lbs (2 x 60 lbs DBs).
> >>
> >> What is the bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup????
> >>
> >> --
> >> Fritz Lott
> >> 220 Sunnyridge Lane
> >> Golden Valley, MN 55422-5300
> >>

> > i used to do one arm pushup and now I train with weights.
> > let me tell you that one arm pushups don't have any relationships with
> > free weights. My first bench press was only 60 pounds TOTAL even
> > though I could do 3 sets of 15 one arm pushups.
>
> I'd like to see a picture of those OAPs - I suspect we wouldn't be
> calling them "strict." if all you could bench was 60 lbs. I am about
> the world's worst bench presser, I cannot do a strict OAP, and even I
> bench pressed my bodyweight the first time I tried it.

I think I win 'worst bench presser'. I've actually tried testing my max now,
since el coach required it. 60kg, and I'm a few pounds heavier than you,
too.

Peter

bc
December 1st 04, 06:02 PM
John Hanson > wrote in message >...
> On 30 Nov 2004 11:39:07 -0800, (bc) wrote
> in misc.fitness.weights:
>
> >John Hanson > wrote in message >...
> >> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:19:17 GMT, "Fritz Lott"

> >> I would think that bench pressing a 120 lb dumbbell is MUCH easier
> >> than a one-arm pushup for Garry Frank.

> >> Ah, for cripesakes, it's another Minnesotan. To answer you question,
> >> I think it depends.
> >
> >Pushups have lots of stabilizing built in because your feet are on the
> >floor, wheras the dumbell is flopping around off your shoulder with no
> >other support than your arm.
> >
> >Try a 1-arm bench press on a Universal machine. Although there, the
> >effort of keeping your body rigid for the pushup isn't mimicked
> >correctly since you're lying on a bench for the press. Well, I guess
> >it still depends.
> >
> Do you know who Garry Frank is? He's a 400+ pound powerlifter who
> benches, for sure, over 700.

OK. But I was addressing the 180 lb guy who asked the question.
Besides, it's all gear right?

- bc

bc
December 1st 04, 08:17 PM
"Steve Freides" > wrote in message >...
> "Rural living is good living" > wrote in
> message ...
> > >I'd like to see a picture of those OAPs - I suspect we wouldn't be
> >>calling them "strict."
> >
> > What the hell is a strict 1-hand push-up? All I know is that when you
> > do them
> > fast, it makes your ribs sore (sometimes for weeks at a time).

> up with one arm out to your side. Because of the resistance level, a
> crappy OAP isn't particularly dangerous like a bad squat or deadlift
> could be, but it's still a crappy OAP.

I've heard psyllium helps that.

- bc

Bob Falooley
December 1st 04, 08:21 PM
Steve Freides wrote:

> "User" > wrote in message
>>> What is the bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup????
>>>
>>> --
>>> Fritz Lott
>>> 220 Sunnyridge Lane
>>> Golden Valley, MN 55422-5300
>>
>> More importantly, why on earth do you have your address in your sig on
>> a public forum?
>
> A quick Google suggests this is a business address, something called WR
> Beamish Co. but maybe it's both - I dunno. It was pretty easy to find
> the telephone number there, too.
>
> -S-
> http://www.kbnj.com

does it have anything to do with the beer?

--Falooley

anti-anti
December 1st 04, 09:55 PM
Steve Freides schrieb:
> "anti-anti" > wrote in message
>
>>Fritz Lott schrieb:
>>
>>>I am 180 lbs. In a one-arm pushup position with my hand on a floor
>>>scale it
>>>reads 120 lbs. But certainly bench pressing a 120 lbs dumbbell is
>>>MUCH more
>>>difficult than doing a one-arm pushup. I could easily do pushups
>>>before I
>>>could bench press 120 lbs (2 x 60 lbs DBs).
>>>
>>>What is the bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup????
>>>
>>>--
>>>Fritz Lott
>>>220 Sunnyridge Lane
>>>Golden Valley, MN 55422-5300
>>>

>>i used to do one arm pushup and now I train with weights.
>>let me tell you that one arm pushups don't have any relationships with
>>free weights. My first bench press was only 60 pounds TOTAL even
>>though I could do 3 sets of 15 one arm pushups.
>

> I'd like to see a picture of those OAPs - I suspect we wouldn't be
> calling them "strict." if all you could bench was 60 lbs. I am about
> the world's worst bench presser, I cannot do a strict OAP, and even I
> bench pressed my bodyweight the first time I tried it.
>
> And I weigh more than 60 lbs. :)

my form with oap was very good, i could do them until my nose touched
the floor

Peter Allen
December 1st 04, 10:06 PM
"Steve Freides" > wrote in message
> "Peter Allen" > wrote in message
> > "Steve Freides" > wrote in message
> >> I'd like to see a picture of those OAPs - I suspect we wouldn't be
> >> calling them "strict." if all you could bench was 60 lbs. I am about
> >> the world's worst bench presser, I cannot do a strict OAP, and even I
> >> bench pressed my bodyweight the first time I tried it.
> >
> > I think I win 'worst bench presser'. I've actually tried testing my
> > max now,
> > since el coach required it. 60kg, and I'm a few pounds heavier than
> > you,
> > too.
>
> But the other guy claimed a 60 _pound_, not 60 kilo, max. You're
> certainly better than he is. Me, I got 180 lbs at a meet in August as a
> 148, ~80 kilos @ 67.5, and I probably won't do any better than that next
> time around, either. I train BP as little as possible - bothers my back,
> bothers my shoulders. Eventually I hope to figure out a groove for
> myself that at least allows me to train it regularly enough to make some
> progress - 1.5 x bodyweight would make me _very_ happy but it'll be a
> few years down the road before I see that, if ever.

Was referring to what you said, but, yeah.

> And to get back to the original point, there's no way anyone who can
> only bench 60 _pounds_ can perform a real one-armed pushup. I doubt 60
> kg would cut it, either.

n=1: 60kg does not cut it. Not even close.

(fortunately, the rowing club I'm at uses the Holme Pierrepont national
watersports centre gym, so usually just rowers are around and I can point
out that tris and tits don't move boats. Except when the national squad
kayakers show up - who are f**king scary enormous on the upper body.)

Peter

John Hanson
December 2nd 04, 05:11 AM
On 1 Dec 2004 10:02:41 -0800, (bc) wrote
in misc.fitness.weights:

>John Hanson > wrote in message >...
>> On 30 Nov 2004 11:39:07 -0800, (bc) wrote
>> in misc.fitness.weights:

>> >Pushups have lots of stabilizing built in because your feet are on the
>> >floor, wheras the dumbell is flopping around off your shoulder with no
>> >other support than your arm.
>> >
>> >Try a 1-arm bench press on a Universal machine. Although there, the
>> >effort of keeping your body rigid for the pushup isn't mimicked
>> >correctly since you're lying on a bench for the press. Well, I guess
>> >it still depends.
>> >
>> Do you know who Garry Frank is? He's a 400+ pound powerlifter who
>> benches, for sure, over 700.
>
>OK. But I was addressing the 180 lb guy who asked the question.
>Besides, it's all gear right?

He's probably good for 600+ raw.

December 2nd 04, 05:56 AM
I guess I forgot the smiley at the end.

- bc

Rural living is good living
December 2nd 04, 08:07 AM
>A strict OAP looks a strict two-handed pushup except your other hand is
>behind your back - body straight and flat to the floor.

OK

> when you tilt yourself so
>that the non-lifting shoulder is up, and you allow your body to bend in
>the middle to get the bearing side's hip closer to the ground.

The crappy form 1-handed push-up sounds a lot better on the should and safer.

>Because of the resistance level, a
>crappy OAP isn't particularly dangerous like a bad squat or deadlift
>could be, but it's still a crappy OAP.

It might be crappy, but from what you are talking about it sounds like it is
safer than a strict one, which would be opposite of the how it works with squat
and deadlift crappy form.

_______
"They charge you $15 if you fail to show for your 'free' appointment" by Lurker
on a Gold's Gym policy.

Tired of corrupt politicians and busybodies trying to run your life, family,
and property?
Visit http://www.freestateproject.com

Rural living is good living
December 2nd 04, 08:12 AM
>And to get back to the original point, there's no way anyone who can
>only bench 60 _pounds_ can perform a real one-armed pushup. I doubt 60
>kg would cut it, either.

You forgot about the 1-armed studs.
_______
"They charge you $15 if you fail to show for your 'free' appointment" by Lurker
on a Gold's Gym policy.

Tired of corrupt politicians and busybodies trying to run your life, family,
and property?
Visit http://www.freestateproject.com

Helgi Briem
December 2nd 04, 08:57 AM
On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:36:15 -0500, "Steve Freides"
> wrote:

>What's the big deal - one can do strict or crappy two-handed pushups,
>too. I see lots of folks at my gym (and also at the TKD school when I
>took that) who cannot actually perform a single strict two-handed pushup
>but rip off dozens of their own version, usually something with their
>butt stuck high in the air

Well, sticking the butt higher make the pushup harder, not easier.
Otherwise I agree with you.

--
Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Steve Freides
December 2nd 04, 01:08 PM
"Helgi Briem" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:36:15 -0500, "Steve Freides"
> > wrote:
>
>>What's the big deal - one can do strict or crappy two-handed pushups,
>>too. I see lots of folks at my gym (and also at the TKD school when I
>>took that) who cannot actually perform a single strict two-handed
>>pushup
>>but rip off dozens of their own version, usually something with their
>>butt stuck high in the air
>
> Well, sticking the butt higher make the pushup harder, not easier.

I've watched countless classes of weak kids do pushups with their butts
up in the air because they weren't strong enough to hold their bodies
flat. A pushup with your butt up in the air usually means you have weak
glutes and/or weak abs. You end up touching your head while your chest
is still far from the ground, which also is easier. A strict pushup
means the body is held straight and rigid through the midsection. For
what it's worth, which isn't much in this case, a Google on "proper
pushup" yields a few hits of interest, all of which mention keeping the
body straight.

Maybe we're not talking about the same thing here.

Steve "off to Laughlin" Freides
http://www.kbnj.com

> Otherwise I agree with you.
>

> --
> Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

Axel of the North!
December 4th 04, 05:34 AM
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:19:17 GMT, "Fritz Lott"
> wrote:
Fritz Lott
220 Sunnyridge Lane
Golden Valley, MN 55422-5300

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:37:01 -0600, John Hanson of Mighty, Healthy
Minnesota > wrote:

>>What is the bench press equivalent to a one-arm pushup????
>
>Ah, for cripesakes, it's another Minnesotan. To answer you question,
>I think it depends.

Yes! Another Minnesotan! No wonder we're so highly ranked in the
health dept.! it's sad, though. i read in the paper today that we have
fewer psychiatric professionals and our emergency insanity has risen
30% in the last five years!

We're taking over!!!!!! Guns blazing! <flexes guns> Yeah!