PDA

View Full Version : 70's throwback death

Incroyable
November 30th 04, 04:41 AM
http://www.komotv.com/stories/34174.htm

this is hard to believe.

i would think it's an Onion story, but it's actually funny. i've never
found the onion to be funny

whit

Brandon Berg
November 30th 04, 04:55 AM
"Incroyable" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> http://www.komotv.com/stories/34174.htm
>
> this is hard to believe.

"Police found no evidence of drug or alcohol use."

Doesn't the lava lamp count?

--
Brandon Berg
Fix the obvious homonym substitution to reply.

Lee Michaels
November 30th 04, 04:58 AM
"Incroyable" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> http://www.komotv.com/stories/34174.htm
>
> this is hard to believe.
>
> i would think it's an Onion story, but it's actually funny. i've never
> found the onion to be funny
>
> whit

Two thoughts.

People are always finding new and stupid things to do. Some of them lead to
death. And Darwin Awards.

The other obvious thing is now we will see a new safety sticker on all
future lava lamps. Something along the lines of, "Do not place this lamp on
or near any kind of heat source. Explosion could occur causing death or
injury."

Lee Michaels
November 30th 04, 05:02 AM
"Brandon Berg" > wrote

> "Incroyable" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > http://www.komotv.com/stories/34174.htm
> >
> > this is hard to believe.
>
> "Police found no evidence of drug or alcohol use."
>
> Doesn't the lava lamp count?

Word.

Possesion of a lava lamp should imply some kind of impairment.

Incroyable
November 30th 04, 05:29 AM
Lee Michaels > wrote in message
news:1aTqd.487433$D%[email protected]_s51...

> "Brandon Berg" > wrote
> >
> > "Incroyable" > wrote in message
> > ink.net...
> > > http://www.komotv.com/stories/34174.htm
> > >
> > > this is hard to believe.
> >
> > "Police found no evidence of drug or alcohol use."
> >
> > Doesn't the lava lamp count?
> >

> Word.
>
> Possesion of a lava lamp should imply some kind of impairment.

it's definitely probable cause for a search. right up there with a Phish
sticker on a car. :)

whit

Proton Soup
November 30th 04, 05:39 AM
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 04:58:53 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

>"Incroyable" > wrote in message
ink.net...
>> http://www.komotv.com/stories/34174.htm
>>
>> this is hard to believe.
>>
>> i would think it's an Onion story, but it's actually funny. i've never
>> found the onion to be funny
>>
>> whit
>>

>Two thoughts.
>
>People are always finding new and stupid things to do. Some of them lead to
>death. And Darwin Awards.
>
>The other obvious thing is now we will see a new safety sticker on all
>future lava lamps. Something along the lines of, "Do not place this lamp on
>or near any kind of heat source. Explosion could occur causing death or
>injury."

Oddly enough, it's a heat source (the lamp bulb in the bottom) that
makes it work in the first place. No clue as to why he was trying to
heat it on the stove, though. I think as they get old, sometimes they
stop working. No idea why, unless it's maybe getting water vapor in
the fluid or something. Anyway, it's still pretty freaky. Most
people would probably have gotten away with a really bad burn and a
few shards to be dug out of their skin.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Thanks for noticing that I didn't actually say anything." - Mike Lane

John M. Williams
November 30th 04, 07:10 AM
"Incroyable" > wrote:

>Lee Michaels > wrote:

>> > "Police found no evidence of drug or alcohol use."
>> >
>> > Doesn't the lava lamp count?
>>
>> Word.
>>
>> Possesion of a lava lamp should imply some kind of impairment.
>
>it's definitely probable cause for a search. right up there with a Phish
>sticker on a car. :)
>
>whit

Caveat: dorkiness and dweebism can produce false positives for illicit
drug use.

Lee Michaels
November 30th 04, 07:27 AM
"John M. Williams" > wrote

> "Incroyable" > wrote:
> >
> >Lee Michaels > wrote:
> >>
> >> "Brandon Berg" > wrote

> >> Word.
> >>
> >> Possesion of a lava lamp should imply some kind of impairment.
> >
> >it's definitely probable cause for a search. right up there with a Phish
> >sticker on a car. :)
> >
> >whit
>
> Caveat: dorkiness and dweebism can produce false positives for illicit
> drug use.

When I mentioned this incident to my wife, I quoted the remark about no
drugs or alcohol.

Her remarks were, "Drugs and alcohol make you stupider. But some people
don't need any help."

Jim
December 1st 04, 01:23 AM
"John M. Williams" > wrote in message
> "Incroyable" > wrote:
>>
>>Lee Michaels > wrote:
>>>
>>> "Brandon Berg" > wrote

>>> Word.
>>>
>>> Possesion of a lava lamp should imply some kind of impairment.
>>
>>it's definitely probable cause for a search. right up there with a Phish
>>sticker on a car. :)
>>
>>whit
>
> Caveat: dorkiness and dweebism can produce false positives for illicit
> drug use.

Thats why ive been getting away with it for so long. I'm too cool. And alot
of water!

Jim

Jim
December 1st 04, 02:04 AM