PDA

View Full Version : NPR-Robert Plant interviews

Jim
December 1st 04, 03:58 AM
For anyone interested in Led Zep and Robert Plant. These are some amazing
interviews you can listen to online. Plant is so well spoken and almost
downright elegant in the way he discusses his work. A must for any Zep fan.

Jim

Tifosi Bob
December 1st 04, 04:51 AM
"Jim" > wrote in message
> For anyone interested in Led Zep and Robert Plant. These are some amazing
> interviews you can listen to online. Plant is so well spoken and almost
> downright elegant in the way he discusses his work. A must for any Zep
fan.

Thanks Jim, how's about a link to above site(s).

Bob

Jim
December 1st 04, 05:16 AM
"Tifosi Bob" > wrote in message

> "Jim" > wrote in message
>> For anyone interested in Led Zep and Robert Plant. These are some amazing
>> interviews you can listen to online. Plant is so well spoken and almost
>> downright elegant in the way he discusses his work. A must for any Zep
> fan.
>

> Thanks Jim, how's about a link to above site(s).
>
> Bob

I actually found the link on some Robert Plant fan page using a google
search but I know he has done several interviews with NPR. Maybe you can get
them right from NPR website. I dont know.

Jim

Jim Ranieri
December 1st 04, 01:22 PM
"Jim" > wrote in message
> For anyone interested in Led Zep and Robert Plant. These are some amazing
> interviews you can listen to online. Plant is so well spoken and almost
> downright elegant in the way he discusses his work. A must for any Zep
fan.

I like Zep, but listening to somebody pontificating eloquently about rock is
dull stuff. It's visceral - not cerebral.

Here's the link I listened to:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1611561

Jim
December 2nd 04, 11:42 PM
"Jim Ranieri" > wrote in message

> "Jim" > wrote in message
>> For anyone interested in Led Zep and Robert Plant. These are some amazing
>> interviews you can listen to online. Plant is so well spoken and almost
>> downright elegant in the way he discusses his work. A must for any Zep
> fan.
>>

> I like Zep, but listening to somebody pontificating eloquently about rock
> is
> dull stuff. It's visceral - not cerebral.
>
> Here's the link I listened to:
> http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1611561

Ya..if you put in "Robert Plant" in the search engine at the NPR site you
will find a couple interviews with Plant and 1 with Page. I grew up
worshipping at the Plant, Page altar. I was the typical long haired Zep
teen..but 10 years after the fact. The first Zep album I got into was their
last.
"In through the out door" I was like 12 years old and thought it was
amazing,before I ever knew about Zep.
Well...I found out alot after that. Started listening to all the Zep albums
and was a fanatic for the next 15 years.
Plant and Page were rock and roll gods. The music seemed so great and
magical.
Now that I'm older and I certainly dont listen to Zep everyday,hearing Plant
and Page talk about it is pretty cool. I dont think Plant is pontificating.
He just describes the fantastic ride that was Led Zeppelin.

Jim

Jim Ranieri
December 3rd 04, 12:34 AM
"Jim" > wrote in message

> "Jim Ranieri" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Jim" > wrote in message
> >> For anyone interested in Led Zep and Robert Plant. These are some
amazing
> >> interviews you can listen to online. Plant is so well spoken and almost
> >> downright elegant in the way he discusses his work. A must for any Zep
> > fan.
> >>

> > I like Zep, but listening to somebody pontificating eloquently about
rock
> > is
> > dull stuff. It's visceral - not cerebral.
> >
> > Here's the link I listened to:
> > http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1611561
> >

> Ya..if you put in "Robert Plant" in the search engine at the NPR site you
> will find a couple interviews with Plant and 1 with Page. I grew up
> worshipping at the Plant, Page altar. I was the typical long haired Zep
> teen..but 10 years after the fact. The first Zep album I got into was
their
> last.
> "In through the out door" I was like 12 years old and thought it was
> amazing,before I ever knew about Zep.
> Well...I found out alot after that. Started listening to all the Zep
albums
> and was a fanatic for the next 15 years.
> Plant and Page were rock and roll gods. The music seemed so great and
> magical.
> Now that I'm older and I certainly dont listen to Zep everyday,hearing
Plant
> and Page talk about it is pretty cool. I dont think Plant is
pontificating.
> He just describes the fantastic ride that was Led Zeppelin.

It's kind of funny, my son - age 14 - listens to Zeppelin, The Who, Floyd,
etc. - the same stuff that was in my big plywood 8-track holder circa 1978.
I can't imagine listening to my dad's music when I was his age - I mean,
Benny Goodman? C'mon.

Too bad the kids today can't hunt for subliminal messages by playing
Zeppelin backwards. Just doesn't work as well on CD as it did on a
turntable/

Jim
December 3rd 04, 12:43 AM
"Jim Ranieri" > wrote in message

> "Jim" > wrote in message

> amazing
>> > fan.
>> >>

>> > I like Zep, but listening to somebody pontificating eloquently about
> rock
>> > is
>> > dull stuff. It's visceral - not cerebral.
>> >
>> > Here's the link I listened to:
>> > http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1611561
>> >

>> Ya..if you put in "Robert Plant" in the search engine at the NPR site you
>> will find a couple interviews with Plant and 1 with Page. I grew up
>> worshipping at the Plant, Page altar. I was the typical long haired Zep
>> teen..but 10 years after the fact. The first Zep album I got into was
> their
>> last.
>> "In through the out door" I was like 12 years old and thought it was
>> amazing,before I ever knew about Zep.
>> Well...I found out alot after that. Started listening to all the Zep
> albums
>> and was a fanatic for the next 15 years.
>> Plant and Page were rock and roll gods. The music seemed so great and
>> magical.
>> Now that I'm older and I certainly dont listen to Zep everyday,hearing
> Plant
>> and Page talk about it is pretty cool. I dont think Plant is
> pontificating.
>> He just describes the fantastic ride that was Led Zeppelin.
>>

> It's kind of funny, my son - age 14 - listens to Zeppelin, The Who, Floyd,
> etc. - the same stuff that was in my big plywood 8-track holder circa
> 1978.
> I can't imagine listening to my dad's music when I was his age - I mean,
> Benny Goodman? C'mon.
>
> Too bad the kids today can't hunt for subliminal messages by playing
> Zeppelin backwards. Just doesn't work as well on CD as it did on a
> turntable/

LOL,never played a Zep record backwards but given the proper circumstances
there seemed to be some magic in those recordings.;) My son likes Zep too.
He's 13.
He told me "No Quarter" sounds cool!

Jim

Jim
December 3rd 04, 02:38 AM
http://www.askmen.com/men/entertainment_100/102_robert_plant.html

This is Plant for the layman.

"if you were blessed with just one ounce of Plant's charisma,you would get
laid alot more"