PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin: Friday

Art S
December 1st 04, 05:35 AM
If all goes well, I'll be arriving in Laughlin late Thursday.

Who is planning on being there Friday? Whatever happened
to the team T-shirts so we could recognize each other?

Art

John Hanson
December 1st 04, 05:53 AM
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 05:35:17 GMT, "Art S" > wrote
in misc.fitness.weights:

>If all goes well, I'll be arriving in Laughlin late Thursday.
>
>Who is planning on being there Friday? Whatever happened
>to the team T-shirts so we could recognize each other?

Flight lands at 4:15 and we will be proceeding directly there so I
suspect we will be there shortly after 6:00.

David Cohen
December 1st 04, 06:14 AM
"Art S" > wrote
> If all goes well, I'll be arriving in Laughlin late Thursday.
>
> Who is planning on being there Friday? Whatever happened
> to the team T-shirts so we could recognize each other?

I, and possibly Theresa, will be down there early Saturday and will stay
until late Saturday.

I plan on standing in the middle of the room and yelling, "WHERE'S THAT
FREAKIN' CANADIAN HOBMAN?"

David

Watson Davis
December 1st 04, 06:19 AM
"Art S" > wrote in news:pKcrd.1007932$Gx4.701284
@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

> If all goes well, I'll be arriving in Laughlin late Thursday.
>
> Who is planning on being there Friday? Whatever happened
> to the team T-shirts so we could recognize each other?

Audrey and I will be there Friday afternoon but we're staying at another
hotel. I'm planning on heading over there shortly after we get in to watch
the lightweight deadlifting and see what the scales are like.

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

David Cohen
December 1st 04, 07:18 AM
"Watson Davis" > wrote
> "Art S" > wrote
>> If all goes well, I'll be arriving in Laughlin late Thursday.
>>
>> Who is planning on being there Friday? Whatever happened
>> to the team T-shirts so we could recognize each other?
>
> Audrey and I will be there Friday afternoon but we're staying at another
> hotel. I'm planning on heading over there shortly after we get in to
> watch
> the lightweight deadlifting and see what the scales are like.

They're little platform things with a vertical member and a balance thingie
on top.

David

Watson Davis
December 1st 04, 07:33 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in
ink.net:

> "Watson Davis" > wrote
>> "Art S" > wrote
>>> If all goes well, I'll be arriving in Laughlin late Thursday.
>>>
>>> Who is planning on being there Friday? Whatever happened
>>> to the team T-shirts so we could recognize each other?
>>
>> Audrey and I will be there Friday afternoon but we're staying at
>> another hotel. I'm planning on heading over there shortly after we
>> get in to watch
>> the lightweight deadlifting and see what the scales are like.
>
> They're little platform things with a vertical member and a balance
> thingie on top.

heh heh... you said "member"... heh heh

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

Blair P. Houghton
December 1st 04, 07:12 PM
David Cohen > wrote:

>"Art S" > wrote
>> If all goes well, I'll be arriving in Laughlin late Thursday.
>>
>> Who is planning on being there Friday? Whatever happened
>> to the team T-shirts so we could recognize each other?
>
>I, and possibly Theresa, will be down there early Saturday and will stay
>until late Saturday.
>
>I plan on standing in the middle of the room and yelling, "WHERE'S THAT
>FREAKIN' CANADIAN HOBMAN?"

I suspect he'd be easy to recognize.

The fat guy trying to pull his knotted shorts out of his ass-crack
after he squats his luggage.

--Blair
"It's like hazing, only in reverse."

Keith Hobman
December 1st 04, 07:13 PM
In article >,
"Art S" > wrote:

> If all goes well, I'll be arriving in Laughlin late Thursday.
>
> Who is planning on being there Friday? Whatever happened
> to the team T-shirts so we could recognize each other?
>
> Art

I'll get in mid-afternoon Friday. My wife and I will be wearing extremely
red Canada Powerlifting coats prolly. stand out like sore thumbs.

Keith Hobman
December 1st 04, 07:16 PM
In article >,
"Art S" > wrote:

> If all goes well, I'll be arriving in Laughlin late Thursday.
>
> Who is planning on being there Friday? Whatever happened
> to the team T-shirts so we could recognize each other?

Yeah, well rally around the Candian Maple Leaf. I'll have a few presents
for the lucky individuals.

Or not lucky, depending on your views.

You just KNOW Hanson is going to get the biggest maple leaf trinket, doncha?

:^)

Keith Hobman
December 1st 04, 07:24 PM
In article >, Blair P. Houghton
> wrote:

> David Cohen > wrote:
> >
> >"Art S" > wrote
> >> If all goes well, I'll be arriving in Laughlin late Thursday.
> >>
> >> Who is planning on being there Friday? Whatever happened
> >> to the team T-shirts so we could recognize each other?
> >
> >I, and possibly Theresa, will be down there early Saturday and will stay
> >until late Saturday.
> >
> >I plan on standing in the middle of the room and yelling, "WHERE'S THAT
> >FREAKIN' CANADIAN HOBMAN?"
>
> I suspect he'd be easy to recognize.
>
> The fat guy trying to pull his knotted shorts out of his ass-crack
> after he squats his luggage.
>
> --Blair
> "It's like hazing, only in reverse."

Pre-emptive hazing, Blair?

I dunno you'll find me much sport in that regards. But carry on.

Lucas Buck
December 1st 04, 08:58 PM
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 06:14:07 GMT, "David Cohen" >
wrote:

>"Art S" > wrote
>> If all goes well, I'll be arriving in Laughlin late Thursday.
>>
>> Who is planning on being there Friday? Whatever happened
>> to the team T-shirts so we could recognize each other?
>
>I, and possibly Theresa, will be down there early Saturday and will stay
>until late Saturday.

Dude! She back in the picture?

>I plan on standing in the middle of the room and yelling, "WHERE'S THAT
>FREAKIN' CANADIAN HOBMAN?"
>
>David

You left out "FLAPPY-HEADED" and "RAIDER-LOVIN'"

--
Luke sbcpark AT earthlink.net
"YOU CANADIANS ARE SO ****ING STUPID YOU DONT EVEN

Keith Hobman
December 1st 04, 09:04 PM
In article <[email protected]>, Lucas Buck
> wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 06:14:07 GMT, "David Cohen" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Art S" > wrote
> >> If all goes well, I'll be arriving in Laughlin late Thursday.
> >>
> >> Who is planning on being there Friday? Whatever happened
> >> to the team T-shirts so we could recognize each other?
> >
> >I, and possibly Theresa, will be down there early Saturday and will stay
> >until late Saturday.
>
> Dude! She back in the picture?
>
> >I plan on standing in the middle of the room and yelling, "WHERE'S THAT
> >FREAKIN' CANADIAN HOBMAN?"
> >
> >David
>
> You left out "FLAPPY-HEADED" and "RAIDER-LOVIN'"

Flappy-headed?

What exactly is that? As far as I know the skull doesn't blow around in
the wind.

Inquiring minds want to know. I'd like to have some understanding of the
gratuous slurs being slung my way.

Lee Michaels
December 1st 04, 09:05 PM
"Keith Hobman" > wrote in message
> In article <[email protected]>, Lucas Buck
> > wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 06:14:07 GMT, "David Cohen"
>
> > wrote:
> >

> > >"Art S" > wrote

> > >I, and possibly Theresa, will be down there early Saturday and will
stay
> > >until late Saturday.
> >
> > Dude! She back in the picture?
> >
> > >I plan on standing in the middle of the room and yelling, "WHERE'S THAT
> > >FREAKIN' CANADIAN HOBMAN?"
> > >
> > >David
> >
> > You left out "FLAPPY-HEADED" and "RAIDER-LOVIN'"
>
> Flappy-headed?
>
> What exactly is that? As far as I know the skull doesn't blow around in
> the wind.
>
> Inquiring minds want to know. I'd like to have some understanding of the
> gratuous slurs being slung my way.

It might have something to do with the winter headgear you Canadian folks
wear during the cold months.

Keith Hobman
December 1st 04, 09:12 PM
In article <[email protected]_s53>, "Lee Michaels"
> wrote:

> "Keith Hobman" > wrote in message
> > In article <[email protected]>, Lucas Buck
> > > wrote:

> stay
> > >
> > > Dude! She back in the picture?

> > > You left out "FLAPPY-HEADED" and "RAIDER-LOVIN'"
> >
> > Flappy-headed?
> >
> > What exactly is that? As far as I know the skull doesn't blow around in
> > the wind.
> >
> > Inquiring minds want to know. I'd like to have some understanding of the
> > gratuous slurs being slung my way.
>
> It might have something to do with the winter headgear you Canadian folks
> wear during the cold months.

Ahhhh! Right!

You should see the beautiful snowflake toque some lucky Laughlin lass will
get. Great ear flaps!

I'm thinking Elzi will need it as she has this pathological dislike of
snow. Can't understand it. How can people ski without it?

:^)

David Cohen
December 1st 04, 09:19 PM
"Lucas Buck" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote:
>>"Art S" > wrote
>>> If all goes well, I'll be arriving in Laughlin late Thursday.
>>>
>>> Who is planning on being there Friday? Whatever happened
>>> to the team T-shirts so we could recognize each other?
>>
>>I, and possibly Theresa, will be down there early Saturday and will stay
>>until late Saturday.
>
> Dude! She back in the picture?

We maintain a socially friendly relationship, take the dogs for hikes
sometimes, and she'd like to see the folks from former MFW get-togethers,
so, sort-of.

>>I plan on standing in the middle of the room and yelling, "WHERE'S THAT
>>FREAKIN' CANADIAN HOBMAN?"
>
> You left out "FLAPPY-HEADED" and "RAIDER-LOVIN'"

If he wore a flappy hat, yelling would be unnecessary.

David

Al
December 1st 04, 11:09 PM
Keith Hobman wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Lucas Buck
> > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 06:14:07 GMT, "David Cohen"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> "Art S" > wrote

>>> I, and possibly Theresa, will be down there early Saturday and
>>> will stay until late Saturday.
>>
>> Dude! She back in the picture?
>>
>>> I plan on standing in the middle of the room and yelling,
>>> "WHERE'S THAT FREAKIN' CANADIAN HOBMAN?"
>>>
>>> David
>>
>> You left out "FLAPPY-HEADED" and "RAIDER-LOVIN'"
>
> Flappy-headed?
>
> What exactly is that? As far as I know the skull doesn't blow
> around in the wind.
>
> Inquiring minds want to know. I'd like to have some understanding
> of the gratuous slurs being slung my way.

I think "flappy-headed" is a South Park thing.

--
Al

Lucas Buck
December 1st 04, 11:30 PM
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:04:43 -0600, (Keith Hobman) wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, Lucas Buck
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 06:14:07 GMT, "David Cohen" >
>> wrote:
>>

>> >"Art S" > wrote

>> >I, and possibly Theresa, will be down there early Saturday and will stay
>> >until late Saturday.
>>
>> Dude! She back in the picture?
>>
>> >I plan on standing in the middle of the room and yelling, "WHERE'S THAT
>> >FREAKIN' CANADIAN HOBMAN?"
>> >
>> >David
>>
>> You left out "FLAPPY-HEADED" and "RAIDER-LOVIN'"
>
>Flappy-headed?

You've never seen South Park? All Canadians (e.g. Kyle's adopted little
brother Ike) are depicted as having flappy (hinged) heads.

http://ccr.ptbcanadian.com/southpark/

http://www.spscriptorium.com/SPinfo/SPStudiosFAQ1.htm

Q: I've noticed a disturbing trend of slander about Canadians, French, and the
poor in the FAQ's. Are these your real opinions, or just Matt and Trey's? And
how would you feel about a French-Canadian poor person?
A: I feel that a French Canadian Poor Person would suck more then a regular
French, Canadian, or poor person.

Q: why are all the tops of the heads of the canadian characters not attached to
the bottom half of their heads?
A: Because that's what Canadians look like.

Q: Why don't Canadians have big white eyes with black dots?
A: Because, they're Canadian, so they have beady little eyes.

Keith Hobman
December 2nd 04, 01:52 AM
In article <1101943906.sOWcLDCf/[email protected]>, Lucas Buck
> wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:04:43 -0600, (Keith Hobman) wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>, Lucas Buck
> > wrote:

> >> Dude! She back in the picture?

> >> You left out "FLAPPY-HEADED" and "RAIDER-LOVIN'"
> >
> >Flappy-headed?
>
> You've never seen South Park? All Canadians (e.g. Kyle's adopted little
> brother Ike) are depicted as having flappy (hinged) heads.
>
> http://ccr.ptbcanadian.com/southpark/
>
> http://www.spscriptorium.com/SPinfo/SPStudiosFAQ1.htm
>
> Q: I've noticed a disturbing trend of slander about Canadians, French, and the
> poor in the FAQ's. Are these your real opinions, or just Matt and Trey's? And
> how would you feel about a French-Canadian poor person?
> A: I feel that a French Canadian Poor Person would suck more then a regular
> French, Canadian, or poor person.
>
> Q: why are all the tops of the heads of the canadian characters not
attached to
> the bottom half of their heads?
> A: Because that's what Canadians look like.
>
> Q: Why don't Canadians have big white eyes with black dots?
> A: Because, they're Canadian, so they have beady little eyes.

Ah. I don't watch much TV. Too depressing.

:^)

John Hanson
December 2nd 04, 03:26 AM
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:16:02 -0600, (Keith Hobman)
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>In article >,
>"Art S" > wrote:
>
>> If all goes well, I'll be arriving in Laughlin late Thursday.
>>
>> Who is planning on being there Friday? Whatever happened
>> to the team T-shirts so we could recognize each other?
>
>Yeah, well rally around the Candian Maple Leaf. I'll have a few presents
>for the lucky individuals.
>
>Or not lucky, depending on your views.
>
>You just KNOW Hanson is going to get the biggest maple leaf trinket, doncha?
>
>:^)

And I'll be proud to accept it.

Helgi Briem
December 2nd 04, 11:22 AM

**** off, moron.

--
Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

John Hanson
December 3rd 04, 12:39 AM
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:13:34 -0600, (Keith Hobman)
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>In article >,
>"Art S" > wrote:
>
>> If all goes well, I'll be arriving in Laughlin late Thursday.
>>
>> Who is planning on being there Friday? Whatever happened
>> to the team T-shirts so we could recognize each other?
>>
>> Art
>
>I'll get in mid-afternoon Friday. My wife and I will be wearing extremely
>red Canada Powerlifting coats prolly. stand out like sore thumbs.

I'll be wearing a blue denim long sleeved shirt that has the Hudson
Powerlifting Team emblem which consists of an outline of the state of
Wisconsin with and American bald eagle deadlifting and USAPL as well
as Hudson Powerlifters on it...right above the pocket.

Blair P. Houghton
December 5th 04, 03:09 AM
Helgi Briem > wrote:
>On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 19:12:48 GMT, Blair P. Houghton > wrote:
>
>>>I plan on standing in the middle of the room and yelling, "WHERE'S THAT
>>>FREAKIN' CANADIAN HOBMAN?"
>>
>>I suspect he'd be easy to recognize.
>>
>>The fat guy trying to pull his knotted shorts out of his ass-crack
>>after he squats his luggage.
>
>**** off, moron.

Okay. So he'll have you pulling his knotted shorts out
of his ass crack instead.

--Blair
"I stand corrected."

David Cohen
December 7th 04, 01:38 PM
"Watson Davis" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote

>>> Dude! She back in the picture?
>>
>> We maintain a socially friendly relationship, take the dogs for hikes
>> sometimes, and she'd like to see the folks from former MFW
>> get-togethers, so, sort-of.
>
> Audrey was displeased that Theresa did not show.
>
> David will tell Theresa that she (Theresa) is hereby invited to the LA
> area.
>
> Or a certain 14 year old will be rendered dad-less.

<looking downward, shuffling feet> OK. <whistling aimlessly>

David