PDA

View Full Version : Re: Exercise: Your mileage may vary

DZ
December 2nd 04, 08:53 PM
Kofi > wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4059695.stm
> UK experts say people should still exercise
>
> There may be an explanation for why those gym workouts seem not to have
> any effect - US experts suggest some people benefit less from exercise.

There was also this: http://tinyurl.com/68nxh They studied MZ and DZ
twins discordant for the past (mostly aerobic) physical activity with
respect the markers of aging and health. They conluded that physical
activity cannot offset genetic factors when it comes to major factors
of aging and health. (Bearing in mind small number of twin pairs)

"The difference in activity levels was strong, one of the twins having
in the past practiced a sport activity regularly and for several years
at a moderate level, while the co-twin had not practiced at all."

"Our data would therefore seem to suggest that physical activity,
beneficial as it can be, may not greatly affect monozygotic co-twin
resemblance throughout life"

DZ