PDA

View Full Version : what makes that cracking noise when bending knees?

Notorius Frank White
December 3rd 04, 02:46 AM
Is it tendons snapping around?
Do weight lifters get this or is it something that goes away after
training for a while?

My knees have always made a crack sound when I kneel down and I am not
sure if I could handle doing even 10 squats before my knees hurt.
I would like to work on this but don't want to hurt myself either.

Thanks
MC

To send me e-mail remove the sevens
from my address.

Jim
December 3rd 04, 04:08 AM
"Notorius Frank White" > wrote in message
> Is it tendons snapping around?
> Do weight lifters get this or is it something that goes away after
> training for a while?
>
> My knees have always made a crack sound when I kneel down and I am not
> sure if I could handle doing even 10 squats before my knees hurt.
> I would like to work on this but don't want to hurt myself either.
>
> Thanks
> MC

My knees use to crack but they dont anymore. I heard that as long as it
doesnt hurt..dont worry about it.

Jim

"Canada and the US share a border. " George W today in a single
sentence.(sp)

Jim

Jim
December 4th 04, 11:10 PM
"Jim" > wrote in message >...
> "Notorius Frank White" > wrote in message
> > Is it tendons snapping around?
> > Do weight lifters get this or is it something that goes away after
> > training for a while?
> >
> > My knees have always made a crack sound when I kneel down and I am not
> > sure if I could handle doing even 10 squats before my knees hurt.
> > I would like to work on this but don't want to hurt myself either.
> >
> > Thanks
> > MC
>
> My knees use to crack but they dont anymore. I heard that as long as it
> doesnt hurt..dont worry about it.
>
> Jim
>
> "Canada and the US share a border. " George W today in a single
> sentence.(sp)
>
> Jim
It's the cartilage in your knees. Taking Glucosamine will help.
Creatine also hydrates cells and makes cartilage thicker. If you're
squatting, you need to stretch you quadraceps regularly or your
patella (knee cap) will get pulled up and cause knee problems.
Keeping a variety in your exercises where you have periods of not
doing squats is a good idea as well.

Jim
December 4th 04, 11:31 PM
"Jim" > wrote in message
m...
> "Jim" > wrote in message
>> "Notorius Frank White" > wrote in message
>> > Is it tendons snapping around?
>> > Do weight lifters get this or is it something that goes away after
>> > training for a while?
>> >
>> > My knees have always made a crack sound when I kneel down and I am not
>> > sure if I could handle doing even 10 squats before my knees hurt.
>> > I would like to work on this but don't want to hurt myself either.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > MC
>>
>> My knees use to crack but they dont anymore. I heard that as long as it
>> doesnt hurt..dont worry about it.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> "Canada and the US share a border. " George W today in a single
>> sentence.(sp)
>>
>> Jim
> It's the cartilage in your knees. Taking Glucosamine will help.
> Creatine also hydrates cells and makes cartilage thicker. If you're
> squatting, you need to stretch you quadraceps regularly or your
> patella (knee cap) will get pulled up and cause knee problems.
> Keeping a variety in your exercises where you have periods of not
> doing squats is a good idea as well.

Wouldnt squatting keep your quads well stretched anyways? Before I squat
properly with the bar and weight..I always warm up by grabbing the sides of
the cage and going ass to grass.just to get the groove going.

Jim

aj
December 4th 04, 11:53 PM
On 2004-12-04, Jim > wrote:

> "Jim" > wrote in message
> m...

>>> My knees use to crack but they dont anymore. I heard that as long as it
>>> doesnt hurt..dont worry about it.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>
>>> "Canada and the US share a border. " George W today in a single
>>> sentence.(sp)
>>>
>>> Jim
>> It's the cartilage in your knees. Taking Glucosamine will help.
>> Creatine also hydrates cells and makes cartilage thicker. If you're
>> squatting, you need to stretch you quadraceps regularly or your
>> patella (knee cap) will get pulled up and cause knee problems.
>> Keeping a variety in your exercises where you have periods of not
>> doing squats is a good idea as well.
>
> Wouldnt squatting keep your quads well stretched anyways? Before I squat
> properly with the bar and weight..I always warm up by grabbing the sides of
> the cage and going ass to grass.just to get the groove going.
>
> Jim

Argh. Too many Jims.

--
-aj

Jimmy
December 4th 04, 11:57 PM
test...cant have another Jim...im going by what everyone calls me.

Jim

Jimmy
December 5th 04, 12:00 AM
"Jimmy" > wrote in message
> test...cant have another Jim...im going by what everyone calls me.
>
> Jim

Oops..Jimmy...forgot to change the sigline...done.

Jimmy

Proton Soup
December 5th 04, 01:27 AM
On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:57:52 -0500, "Jimmy" >
wrote:

>test...cant have another Jim...im going by what everyone calls me.

****er?

-----------
Proton Soup

"Thanks for noticing that I didn't actually say anything." - Mike Lane

Jimmy
December 5th 04, 01:38 AM
"Proton Soup" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:57:52 -0500, "Jimmy" >
> wrote:
>
>>test...cant have another Jim...im going by what everyone calls me.
>
> ****er?

If it works...I'm well aware of my standing here.

Jimmy

Proton Soup
December 5th 04, 04:18 AM
On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 20:38:31 -0500, "Jimmy" >
wrote:

>"Proton Soup" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:57:52 -0500, "Jimmy" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>test...cant have another Jim...im going by what everyone calls me.
>>
>> ****er?
>
>If it works...I'm well aware of my standing here.
>
>Jimmy

Ah, but I meant it in a good way.