PDA

View Full Version : What works for you?

Plhnw
December 3rd 04, 08:43 PM
I don't know about you.... but the older I get the harder it is to get up
off the floor, and I'm not even old! What's up with that?

I try to exercise three to four times a week. We bought a Nordic Track at a
garage sale, which I like. I put it in front of a TV and usually workout
during Dr Phil or Oprah!!!

Do you use a treadmill? Any other equipment? What works for you?

When the weather is nice I can bike, which is much better than staying
indoors. Here is a website with a map that will direct you to local trails
in your area: http://visualsearch.dogpile.com, and there is also helpful
information about bikes in general.

For me the most important thing about exercise is being consistent and don't
worry so much about how long you are doing it, just do it. Once you get used
to it, you will naturally extend the time you spend on exercise. Above
all... have fun!

(oh... and eat chocolate! Sees Candy rules! Dark chocolate of course! )

Per Elmsäter
December 3rd 04, 10:30 PM
Plhnw wrote:
> I don't know about you.... but the older I get the harder it is to
> get up off the floor, and I'm not even old! What's up with that?

I don't think it's age related. Possibly weight related.

--
Perre
I gave up on SPAM and redirected it to hotmail instead.

Plhnw
December 4th 04, 01:17 AM
Well I'm not overweight, but I'm sure stiff! I think I need to exercise
regularly and then I would be much better off. We have a Nordic Track, so I
at can at least do that in the winter. Spring comes... I'm back on the bike.

:) penny

"Per Elmsäter" > wrote in message
> Plhnw wrote:
>> I don't know about you.... but the older I get the harder it is to
>> get up off the floor, and I'm not even old! What's up with that?
>>

> I don't think it's age related. Possibly weight related.
>
> --
> Perre
> I gave up on SPAM and redirected it to hotmail instead.

Parev
December 4th 04, 01:35 AM
On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 01:17:02 GMT, "Plhnw" > wrote:

>Well I'm not overweight, but I'm sure stiff! I think I need to exercise
>regularly and then I would be much better off. We have a Nordic Track, so I
>at can at least do that in the winter. Spring comes... I'm back on the bike.
>
>:) penny
>
>"Per Elmsäter" > wrote in message
>> Plhnw wrote:
>>> I don't know about you.... but the older I get the harder it is to
>>> get up off the floor, and I'm not even old! What's up with that?
>>>

>> I don't think it's age related. Possibly weight related.
>>
>> --
>> Perre
>> I gave up on SPAM and redirected it to hotmail instead.

You should run on the treadmill instead and realllllllly warm up your
body.

Per Elmsäter
December 4th 04, 11:58 AM
Plhnw wrote:
> Well I'm not overweight, but I'm sure stiff! I think I need to
> exercise regularly and then I would be much better off. We have a
> Nordic Track, so I at can at least do that in the winter. Spring
> comes... I'm back on the bike.

Maybe you're not overweight, but do you still weigh the same as when you
were 20?
Stiffness yes. I feel that also, I'm 54. When I'm exercising and warmed up I
have no problems whatsoever getting up or down. When I come home after a
long day and sink into my couch, yes my joints stiffen up worse now than 30
years ago.