PDA

View Full Version : Re: Christmas shopping

aj
December 5th 04, 06:07 PM
On 2004-12-05, Usenet Posting > wrote:
> Every year, after fighting angry crowds, I swear I will do my
> Christmas shopping early and online. This year is the year.
>
> Last night, without leaving my desk, I did all my Christmas shopping.
> No stressful crowds, no parking lots with nutcases speeding at 50mph,
> no surly clerks. What did I lose? Very little really. I lost the
> ability to pick something up and look at it and touch it. I did buy a
> few pieces of clothing so we shall see how that goes.
>
> I think I spent less than I would have in the stores, where I would be
> distracted by items I did not go in specifically for. I did most of
> it on Amazon and due to some cool offers at Nordstrom I paid next to
> nothing for shipping. Overall, at all websites I paid under 20$ for
> shipping and that was considerably less than I expected.
>
> And what are you doing this year? Fighting the crowds? Online?
>

> --
> The pain is pretty overwhelming, prolly
> comparable only to childbirth or kidney stones.
> --Brian L.

Bah.
http://www.xmasresistance.org/pix/nina-boycott-xmas-1993.gif
Humbug.

Kinda. My family wants some crap, they get some crap. PriceGrabber,
Froogle. BookSense.com, done.

I request no crap. But I get crap anyway.
New tactic. I beleive the urge is not to get crap, but to spend money
on my behalf. Ergo, give me the money (doesn't work) OR give money to a
short list NGO's, one of which you might find palatable.

Fortuanetey I have an armstice with all my friends. They won't throw
any gifts at me come gifting holidays, I won't thow any gifts at them.

This from a guy who is considering moving to Tokyo. I don't know how
I'll deal, what with my atrophied gifting skills.
--
-aj

Mistress Krista
December 5th 04, 10:20 PM
"Usenet Posting" > wrote in message

> And what are you doing this year? Fighting the crowds? Online?

Declared a moratorium on Xmas consumerism a few years ago. No giving, no
getting. Initially, my family thought I was crazy. Now they all think it's
great, they're doing it too, and everyone is much less stressed out, less
broke, and with less crap that they don't need anyway.

Krista

--
http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
http://www.trans-health.com

aj
December 5th 04, 11:53 PM
On 2004-12-05, Usenet Posting > wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 18:07:41 -0000, aj > wrote:
>
>>On 2004-12-05, Usenet Posting > wrote:
>>> Every year, after fighting angry crowds, I swear I will do my
>>> Christmas shopping early and online. This year is the year.
>>>
>>> Last night, without leaving my desk, I did all my Christmas shopping.
>>> No stressful crowds, no parking lots with nutcases speeding at 50mph,
>>> no surly clerks. What did I lose? Very little really. I lost the
>>> ability to pick something up and look at it and touch it. I did buy a
>>> few pieces of clothing so we shall see how that goes.
>>>
>>> I think I spent less than I would have in the stores, where I would be
>>> distracted by items I did not go in specifically for. I did most of
>>> it on Amazon and due to some cool offers at Nordstrom I paid next to
>>> nothing for shipping. Overall, at all websites I paid under 20$ for
>>> shipping and that was considerably less than I expected.
>>>
>>> And what are you doing this year? Fighting the crowds? Online?
>>>

>>> --
>>> The pain is pretty overwhelming, prolly
>>> comparable only to childbirth or kidney stones.
>>> --Brian L.
>>
>>Bah.
>>http://www.xmasresistance.org/pix/nina-boycott-xmas-1993.gif
>>Humbug.
>>
>>Kinda. My family wants some crap, they get some crap. PriceGrabber,
>>Froogle. BookSense.com, done.
>>
>>I request no crap. But I get crap anyway.
>>New tactic. I beleive the urge is not to get crap, but to spend money
>>on my behalf. Ergo, give me the money (doesn't work) OR give money to a
>>short list NGO's, one of which you might find palatable.
>>
>>Fortuanetey I have an armstice with all my friends. They won't throw
>>any gifts at me come gifting holidays, I won't thow any gifts at them.
>>
>>This from a guy who is considering moving to Tokyo. I don't know how
>>I'll deal, what with my atrophied gifting skills.
>
> I'm thinking that either a) you live in a society where all the women
> have died or b) you have just accepted that all the women in your life
> are going to hate you.

I used to live in a society where all the women were gay. Its more like
you're the dead one, than they are.

The familial women I know are really quite reasonable people.
The couple of them that do have irrisistible shopping urges see no
reason why I should have one.
--
-aj

John HUDSON
December 5th 04, 11:56 PM
On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 17:20:14 -0500, "Mistress Krista"
> wrote:

>"Usenet Posting" > wrote in message
>>
>> And what are you doing this year? Fighting the crowds? Online?
>

>Declared a moratorium on Xmas consumerism a few years ago. No giving, no
>getting. Initially, my family thought I was crazy. Now they all think it's
>great, they're doing it too, and everyone is much less stressed out, less
>broke, and with less crap that they don't need anyway.

Bah, Humbug!!

How sad!! It's not about you Krista it's about children and families,
and what happens to the next generations!!

December 6th 04, 04:08 AM
> Bah, Humbug!!
>
> How sad!! It's not about you Krista it's about children and families,
> and what happens to the next generations!!

No, it's not.

Lucas Buck
December 6th 04, 07:08 AM
On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 04:04:25 GMT, Usenet Posting > wrote:

>On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 17:20:14 -0500, "Mistress Krista"
> wrote:
>

>>"Usenet Posting" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> And what are you doing this year? Fighting the crowds? Online?
>>

>>Declared a moratorium on Xmas consumerism a few years ago. No giving, no
>>getting. Initially, my family thought I was crazy. Now they all think it's
>>great, they're doing it too, and everyone is much less stressed out, less
>>broke, and with less crap that they don't need anyway.
>>

>>Krista
>
>I did the opposite...I've told everyone I'll ONLY be doing xmas
>consumerism. Other than that it will be a card (often electronic).
>
>I find that buy the end of the year people in my circle often want
>things they will really get good use out of.

Such as... restraining orders?

John HUDSON
December 6th 04, 08:48 AM
On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 04:04:25 GMT, Usenet Posting
> wrote:

>On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 17:20:14 -0500, "Mistress Krista"
> wrote:
>

>>"Usenet Posting" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> And what are you doing this year? Fighting the crowds? Online?
>>

>>Declared a moratorium on Xmas consumerism a few years ago. No giving, no
>>getting. Initially, my family thought I was crazy. Now they all think it's
>>great, they're doing it too, and everyone is much less stressed out, less
>>broke, and with less crap that they don't need anyway.
>>

>>Krista
>
>I did the opposite...I've told everyone I'll ONLY be doing xmas
>consumerism. Other than that it will be a card (often electronic).
>
>I find that buy the end of the year people in my circle often want
>things they will really get good use out of.

Well said Sir!!

Me and mine always do the same - and it's the greatest of fun!! ;o)

Happy Christmas to you and yours!! ;o)

John HUDSON
December 6th 04, 08:49 AM
On 5 Dec 2004 20:08:09 -0800, (K) wrote:

>> Bah, Humbug!!
>>
>> How sad!! It's not about you Krista it's about children and families,
>> and what happens to the next generations!!
>
>No, it's not.

Yes it is!!

DRS
December 6th 04, 03:28 PM
"Usenet Posting" > wrote in message

> Every year, after fighting angry crowds, I swear I will do my
> Christmas shopping early and online. This year is the year.

My Dad does his Xmas shopping during the July stocktake sales.

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

Pat Styles
December 6th 04, 03:55 PM
"Lucas Buck" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews...
> On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 04:04:25 GMT, Usenet Posting >
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 17:20:14 -0500, "Mistress Krista"
> wrote:

>>>Declared a moratorium on Xmas consumerism a few years ago. No giving, no
>>>getting. Initially, my family thought I was crazy. Now they all think it's
>>>great, they're doing it too, and everyone is much less stressed out, less
>>>broke, and with less crap that they don't need anyway.
>>>

>>>Krista
>>
>>I did the opposite...I've told everyone I'll ONLY be doing xmas
>>consumerism. Other than that it will be a card (often electronic).
>>
>>I find that buy the end of the year people in my circle often want
>>things they will really get good use out of.
>
> Such as... restraining orders?

lol Almost as good as Cohen's, "Tell us where the bodies are..." crack. :-)
ps

Lucas Buck
December 7th 04, 08:21 PM
On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 17:20:14 -0500, "Mistress Krista" > wrote:

>"Usenet Posting" > wrote in message
>>
>> And what are you doing this year? Fighting the crowds? Online?
>

>Declared a moratorium on Xmas consumerism a few years ago. No giving, no
>getting. Initially, my family thought I was crazy. Now they all think it's
>great, they're doing it too, and everyone is much less stressed out, less
>broke, and with less crap that they don't need anyway.

So... they no longer think you're crazy?

Dally
December 7th 04, 08:48 PM
Mistress Krista wrote:

> Declared a moratorium on Xmas consumerism a few years ago. No giving, no
> getting. Initially, my family thought I was crazy. Now they all think it's
> great, they're doing it too, and everyone is much less stressed out, less
> broke, and with less crap that they don't need anyway.

Oh my god, is that LEGAL?

I'm hosting a cookie exchange on Sunday for a women's group I'm in.
We've decorated the house with lights, wreaths, fake candles in the
windows, stockings hung from the fireplace, a candle centerpiece, an
evergreen rope we decorated with berries, pinecones and ribbons, and, of
course, a Christmas tree. It's so cute I could gag. If I weren't so
busy sweeping up evergreen crap all day long. (This would NOT be a good
time to mention that I'm Jewish. I'm lighting candles every night, too
and hunting for a dredl. Leave me alone.)

I've done the mega-mall trip and several bouts of online shopping and
gone on several smaller trips: time spent shopping equals approximately
24 solid hours.

I've written the first draft of the family Christmas newsletter, ("Muffy
got into Princeton early admission, but it was still hard deciding
between there and Yale...") and I've taken the requisite pictures of the
three darling children. First roll - forgot to turn on red-eye
reduction. Second roll, 25 pictures of two happy children. Sadly, I
have THREE children. Not one goddamn picture where all three look good
at once.

I've bought 120 holiday stamps (half religious, half not) and 120
festive envelopes that have pull-off sticky stuff so we don't have to
lick the damn things again. (Ever see the Seinfeld episode where
Costanza's fiancee dies?) I've groomed my Christmas card mailing list
and I'm ready to print the 120 envelopes using software and my laser
printer, standing there guiding each one as they jam every fourth
envelope or so.

I've already made one batch of cookies and put them in the freezer, but
we've got two or maybe three batches more to do. I got invited to
another cookie exchange on Saturday and I'm entertaining evil thoughts
about just baking for the FIRST one and then taking the cookies I got
there to the second one. It's not like I'm going to EAT these things,
now is it?

But thanks for reminding me to get off usenet. I came to my computer to
get my master "pick list" of what I have to pack off to whom. I've got
about six boxes to pack and ship by this weekend.

Then, of course, I've got to iron the good tablecloth to get the wax off
of it and clean my entire house.

Less stress. Like THAT could happen.

Dally

Dally
December 7th 04, 08:49 PM
John HUDSON wrote:

> How sad!! It's not about you Krista it's about children and families,
> and what happens to the next generations!!

Nervous breakdowns following the perfectionist tendancies of their mothers?

Dally, just guessing

Lee Michaels
December 7th 04, 09:06 PM
"Dally" wrote

> Mistress Krista wrote:
>
> > Declared a moratorium on Xmas consumerism a few years ago. No giving, no
> > getting. Initially, my family thought I was crazy. Now they all think
it's
> > great, they're doing it too, and everyone is much less stressed out,
less
> > broke, and with less crap that they don't need anyway.
>
> Oh my god, is that LEGAL?
>
> I'm hosting a cookie exchange on Sunday for a women's group I'm in.
> We've decorated the house with lights, wreaths, fake candles in the
> windows, stockings hung from the fireplace, a candle centerpiece, an
> evergreen rope we decorated with berries, pinecones and ribbons, and, of
> course, a Christmas tree. It's so cute I could gag. If I weren't so
> busy sweeping up evergreen crap all day long. (This would NOT be a good
> time to mention that I'm Jewish. I'm lighting candles every night, too
> and hunting for a dredl. Leave me alone.)
>
> I've done the mega-mall trip and several bouts of online shopping and
> gone on several smaller trips: time spent shopping equals approximately
> 24 solid hours.
>
> I've written the first draft of the family Christmas newsletter, ("Muffy
> got into Princeton early admission, but it was still hard deciding
> between there and Yale...") and I've taken the requisite pictures of the
> three darling children. First roll - forgot to turn on red-eye
> reduction. Second roll, 25 pictures of two happy children. Sadly, I
> have THREE children. Not one goddamn picture where all three look good
> at once.
>
> I've bought 120 holiday stamps (half religious, half not) and 120
> festive envelopes that have pull-off sticky stuff so we don't have to
> lick the damn things again. (Ever see the Seinfeld episode where
> Costanza's fiancee dies?) I've groomed my Christmas card mailing list
> and I'm ready to print the 120 envelopes using software and my laser
> printer, standing there guiding each one as they jam every fourth
> envelope or so.
>
> I've already made one batch of cookies and put them in the freezer, but
> we've got two or maybe three batches more to do. I got invited to
> another cookie exchange on Saturday and I'm entertaining evil thoughts
> about just baking for the FIRST one and then taking the cookies I got
> there to the second one. It's not like I'm going to EAT these things,
> now is it?
>
> But thanks for reminding me to get off usenet. I came to my computer to
> get my master "pick list" of what I have to pack off to whom. I've got
> about six boxes to pack and ship by this weekend.
>
> Then, of course, I've got to iron the good tablecloth to get the wax off
> of it and clean my entire house.
>
> Less stress. Like THAT could happen.

Not to worry Dally.

When all this is over, it will be TAX SEASON!!

Just tryin' to cheer ya up.

The holidays and all.

Lordy
December 7th 04, 10:04 PM
"Mistress Krista" > wrote in
:

> Declared a moratorium on Xmas consumerism a few years ago. No giving,
> no getting. Initially, my family thought I was crazy. Now they all
> think it's great, they're doing it too, and everyone is much less
> stressed out, less broke, and with less crap that they don't need
> anyway.

We've been doing something similar for about three years. Only the children
got presents.

But, although I suspect you dont mention it, the giving is really about
spending time together and doing stuff for each other.

I fixed all my family's PCs recently (three of them), so that's part of
their present (*)

Somehow they dont appreciate DVDs that I have lovingly spent time
downloading from the internet and painstakenly printing the covers for.

--
Lordy

(*)The irony being that I initially sent them to a PC builder who
subsequently built to a lower standard than I would have(+) - so I still
ended up out of pocket and spending time - but 'tis the season to be merry
:)

(+)If you must know!, 3 out of 3 died because of the cheap case supplied
PSU, 1 also first played up because of bad memory

John HUDSON
December 7th 04, 10:13 PM
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:49:09 -0500, Dally > wrote:

>John HUDSON wrote:
>
>> How sad!! It's not about you Krista it's about children and families,
>> and what happens to the next generations!!
>
>Nervous breakdowns following the perfectionist tendancies of their mothers?

Mothers should be the calming, guiding, loving source from which
everything else just flows, and Christmas is a great joyful heritage
to pass on to the next generations!!

Of course it does take some organising, but the work is not all meant
to be done by Mum alone!! We have always had it well organised in our
families and it is always great fun.

Dally
December 7th 04, 10:55 PM
John HUDSON wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:49:09 -0500, Dally > wrote:
>>John HUDSON wrote:
>>>How sad!! It's not about you Krista it's about children and families,
>>>and what happens to the next generations!!
>>
>>Nervous breakdowns following the perfectionist tendancies of their mothers?
>
> Of course it does take some organising, but the work is not all meant
> to be done by Mum alone!! We have always had it well organised in our
> families and it is always great fun.

Yup. I made a master list of who we were giving presents to. I made
two copies: one for him and one for me. I highlighted his names in blue
and the people I was buying for in pink. I trundled off to the big
mega-mall with two teen-aged girls (one of whom SWORE she was over her
cold... yet somehow I still got it from her) and spent 8 grueling hours
boring through my pink-stained list. I bought a few "blue" items, too,
calculating that my darling husband might not have completed his share.

I got home to find that he'd taken the boys down-town shopping, as
planned. And got nothing. Nada. Zip. Not one damn thing.

Yup, sharing the load sure reduces stress levels. (Can you hear me
grinding my teeth?)

> Mothers should be the calming, guiding, loving source from which
> everything else just flows, and Christmas is a great joyful heritage
> to pass on to the next generations!!

Explain how "everything ... just flows" from the "calming, guiding,
loving source"? The little cherubim just decide on their own to pitch
in and help? The teenager just decides she'd like a little "family
time" and begs to stick around for carolling? Or the mother just does
it all and no one notices?

My family is about to walk in the door. I baked bread today, and I've
got a pot roast on the stove. They're going to walk in and be thrilled
at the winter-evening spread I've made. But I'm going to bed.

Dally, feeling too ill for the gym

aj
December 7th 04, 11:22 PM
On 2004-12-07, Dally > wrote:
> John HUDSON wrote:
>>>
>>>Nervous breakdowns following the perfectionist tendancies of their mothers?
>>
>> Of course it does take some organising, but the work is not all meant
>> to be done by Mum alone!! We have always had it well organised in our
>> families and it is always great fun.
>
> Yup. I made a master list of who we were giving presents to. I made
> two copies: one for him and one for me. I highlighted his names in blue
> and the people I was buying for in pink. I trundled off to the big
> mega-mall with two teen-aged girls (one of whom SWORE she was over her
> cold... yet somehow I still got it from her) and spent 8 grueling hours
> boring through my pink-stained list. I bought a few "blue" items, too,
> calculating that my darling husband might not have completed his share.
>
> I got home to find that he'd taken the boys down-town shopping, as
> planned. And got nothing. Nada. Zip. Not one damn thing.
>
> Yup, sharing the load sure reduces stress levels. (Can you hear me
> grinding my teeth?)
>
> > Mothers should be the calming, guiding, loving source from which
> > everything else just flows, and Christmas is a great joyful heritage
> > to pass on to the next generations!!
>
> Explain how "everything ... just flows" from the "calming, guiding,
> loving source"? The little cherubim just decide on their own to pitch
> in and help? The teenager just decides she'd like a little "family
> time" and begs to stick around for carolling? Or the mother just does
> it all and no one notices?
>
> My family is about to walk in the door. I baked bread today, and I've
> got a pot roast on the stove. They're going to walk in and be thrilled
> at the winter-evening spread I've made. But I'm going to bed.
>
> Dally, feeling too ill for the gym

You will not rest until you turn this into a support group.

--
-aj

John HUDSON
December 7th 04, 11:36 PM
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:55:37 -0500, Dally > wrote:

>John HUDSON wrote:
>>>
>>>Nervous breakdowns following the perfectionist tendancies of their mothers?
>>
>> Of course it does take some organising, but the work is not all meant
>> to be done by Mum alone!! We have always had it well organised in our
>> families and it is always great fun.
>
>Yup. I made a master list of who we were giving presents to. I made
>two copies: one for him and one for me. I highlighted his names in blue
>and the people I was buying for in pink. I trundled off to the big
>mega-mall with two teen-aged girls (one of whom SWORE she was over her
>cold... yet somehow I still got it from her) and spent 8 grueling hours
>boring through my pink-stained list. I bought a few "blue" items, too,
>calculating that my darling husband might not have completed his share.
>
>I got home to find that he'd taken the boys down-town shopping, as
>planned. And got nothing. Nada. Zip. Not one damn thing.
>
>Yup, sharing the load sure reduces stress levels. (Can you hear me
>grinding my teeth?)
>
> > Mothers should be the calming, guiding, loving source from which
> > everything else just flows, and Christmas is a great joyful heritage
> > to pass on to the next generations!!
>
>Explain how "everything ... just flows" from the "calming, guiding,
>loving source"? The little cherubim just decide on their own to pitch
>in and help? The teenager just decides she'd like a little "family
>time" and begs to stick around for carolling? Or the mother just does
>it all and no one notices?
>
>My family is about to walk in the door. I baked bread today, and I've
>got a pot roast on the stove. They're going to walk in and be thrilled
>at the winter-evening spread I've made. But I'm going to bed.
>
>Dally, feeling too ill for the gym

In time honoured MFW parlance you are a "wuss"!! ;o)

Mothers have doing what you are doing since there first were mothers!
How come emancipated PC woman finds it so difficult. How times change,
and not always for the better!!

Dally
December 8th 04, 12:03 AM
aj wrote:

> On 2004-12-07, Dally > wrote:

>>Dally, feeling too ill for the gym
>
> You will not rest until you turn this into a support group.

You think I'm expecting *support*? Perspective and ridicule is more
like it.

But you got the part right about "You will not rest".

Dally, not resting

John HUDSON
December 8th 04, 12:15 AM
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:03:16 -0500, Dally > wrote:

>aj wrote:
>
>> On 2004-12-07, Dally > wrote:
>
>>>Dally, feeling too ill for the gym
>>
>> You will not rest until you turn this into a support group.
>
>You think I'm expecting *support*? Perspective and ridicule is more
>like it.
>
>But you got the part right about "You will not rest".
>
>Dally, not resting

You said earlier that you were off to bed and leaving the family to
the pot roast!

John, thinking Dally is using a smattering of bull****!!

Dally
December 8th 04, 12:27 AM
John HUDSON wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:03:16 -0500, Dally > wrote:
>

>>aj wrote:

>>>You will not rest until you turn this into a support group.
>>
>>You think I'm expecting *support*? Perspective and ridicule is more
>>like it.
>>
>>But you got the part right about "You will not rest".
>>
>>Dally, not resting
>

> You said earlier that you were off to bed and leaving the family to
> the pot roast!
>
> John, thinking Dally is using a smattering of bull****!!

Fantasy. I *want* to rest. I cancelled my swimming lesson tonight so I
could get to bed. Instead, we're wrapping presents. Except when I play
hookie at my desk like now - I was just taking a call. No rest for the
weary and all that.

Dally

The Queen of Cans and Jars
December 8th 04, 01:58 AM
Mistress Krista > wrote:

> "Usenet Posting" > wrote:
> >
> > And what are you doing this year? Fighting the crowds? Online?
>

> Declared a moratorium on Xmas consumerism a few years ago. No giving, no
> getting. Initially, my family thought I was crazy. Now they all think it's
> great, they're doing it too, and everyone is much less stressed out, less
> broke, and with less crap that they don't need anyway.

*sigh*

my heroine!

John HUDSON
December 8th 04, 08:33 AM
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:27:58 -0500, Dally > wrote:

>John HUDSON wrote:

>>>You think I'm expecting *support*? Perspective and ridicule is more
>>>like it.
>>>
>>>But you got the part right about "You will not rest".
>>>
>>>Dally, not resting
>>

>> You said earlier that you were off to bed and leaving the family to
>> the pot roast!
>>
>> John, thinking Dally is using a smattering of bull****!!
>
>Fantasy. I *want* to rest. I cancelled my swimming lesson tonight so I
>could get to bed. Instead, we're wrapping presents. Except when I play
>hookie at my desk like now - I was just taking a call. No rest for the
>weary and all that.

Stop whinging and get on with it; you PC feminists have largely
achieved your aims, now get on and enjoy them!! ;o)

"As ye sow, so shall ye reap"!!

John HUDSON
December 8th 04, 08:44 AM
On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 01:58:28 GMT, (The Queen of
Cans and Jars) wrote:

>Mistress Krista > wrote:
>
>> "Usenet Posting" > wrote:
>> >
>> > And what are you doing this year? Fighting the crowds? Online?
>>

>> Declared a moratorium on Xmas consumerism a few years ago. No giving, no
>> getting. Initially, my family thought I was crazy. Now they all think it's
>> great, they're doing it too, and everyone is much less stressed out, less
>> broke, and with less crap that they don't need anyway.
>
>*sigh*
>
>my heroine!

"Birds of a feather......"

Too many women trying to be blokes; it's against the natural order of
things and you'll all end up a dissatisfied sad old bags!!

Lucas Buck
December 12th 04, 07:53 AM
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:55:37 -0500, Dally > wrote:

>John HUDSON wrote:
>>>
>>>Nervous breakdowns following the perfectionist tendancies of their mothers?
>>
>> Of course it does take some organising, but the work is not all meant
>> to be done by Mum alone!! We have always had it well organised in our
>> families and it is always great fun.
>
>Yup. I made a master list of who we were giving presents to. I made
>two copies: one for him and one for me. I highlighted his names in blue
>and the people I was buying for in pink. I trundled off to the big
>mega-mall with two teen-aged girls (one of whom SWORE she was over her
>cold... yet somehow I still got it from her) and spent 8 grueling hours
>boring through my pink-stained list. I bought a few "blue" items, too,
>calculating that my darling husband might not have completed his share.
>
>I got home to find that he'd taken the boys down-town shopping, as
>planned. And got nothing. Nada. Zip. Not one damn thing.
>
>Yup, sharing the load sure reduces stress levels. (Can you hear me
>grinding my teeth?)

Uh, lemme guess: he was allowed no input into composing either list.