PDA

View Full Version : Re: Study: Fit but fat not good enough

Bill
December 23rd 04, 07:04 PM
Robin Lowry wrote:
> Study: Fit but fat not good enough
> Excess weight can take years off your life despite exercise
>
> Being fit but fat isn't good enough. Excess weight, all by itself,
can take
> years off your life, even if you get plenty of exercise, a study
found...

I find it ironic that while I look at myself compared to others at the
gym, I'm still a bit flabby with still a bit of a belly.

At work and with my non-gym family & friends, they comment about how
fit I look these days. At approx 18%-20% bf I'm by no means "fit" to my
knowlege.

Obviously the general population has lost sight of how "fit" really
should look. I've even been labled as obsessive for going to the gym
four days a week. Even more strange is the stigma still connected with
weight training as a way to reduce weight (fat).

Oh well, I plan on enjoying my retirement someday and it won't be with
a walker or oxygen if I have any say in it. (g)

--
Bill

frank
December 23rd 04, 08:50 PM
bill, don't neglect aerobic activity (cardio). good for fat burning, and
heart & lungs.

"Bill" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Robin Lowry wrote:
>> Study: Fit but fat not good enough
>> Excess weight can take years off your life despite exercise
>>
>> Being fit but fat isn't good enough. Excess weight, all by itself,
> can take
>> years off your life, even if you get plenty of exercise, a study
> found...
>
> I find it ironic that while I look at myself compared to others at the
> gym, I'm still a bit flabby with still a bit of a belly.
>
> At work and with my non-gym family & friends, they comment about how
> fit I look these days. At approx 18%-20% bf I'm by no means "fit" to my
> knowlege.
>
> Obviously the general population has lost sight of how "fit" really
> should look. I've even been labled as obsessive for going to the gym
> four days a week. Even more strange is the stigma still connected with
> weight training as a way to reduce weight (fat).
>
> Oh well, I plan on enjoying my retirement someday and it won't be with
> a walker or oxygen if I have any say in it. (g)
>
> --
> Bill

Marty
December 24th 04, 06:19 AM
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Lady Veteran > wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 04:37:29 -0500, "Bob M" >
>wrote:
>
>>On 23 Dec 2004 02:02:01 -0000, Robin Lowry > wrote:
>>

>>Oh, that's good. As if most women tell the truth about their
>>weight.
>
>So why should they? It isn't your business.

You have posted your weight, bull dyke.

5' 6 1/2", 240 pounds.

Yours in Christ.

Marty

Jan
December 24th 04, 06:55 AM
On 24 Dec 2004 06:19:26 -0000, (Marty) wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Lady Veteran > wrote:
>>
>>On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 04:37:29 -0500, "Bob M" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>On 23 Dec 2004 02:02:01 -0000, Robin Lowry > wrote:
>>>

>>>Oh, that's good. As if most women tell the truth about their
>>>weight.
>>
>>So why should they? It isn't your business.
>
>You have posted your weight, bull dyke.
>
>5' 6 1/2", 240 pounds.

And still growing larger!!!!!

Jan

>Yours in Christ.
>
>Marty

PJX
December 24th 04, 05:03 PM
On 24 Dec 2004 06:19:26 -0000, (Marty) wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Lady Veteran > wrote:
>>
>>On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 04:37:29 -0500, "Bob M" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>On 23 Dec 2004 02:02:01 -0000, Robin Lowry > wrote:
>>>

>>>Oh, that's good. As if most women tell the truth about their
>>>weight.
>>
>>So why should they? It isn't your business.
>
>You have posted your weight, bull dyke.

BULL DYKE?????

>5' 6 1/2", 240 pounds.

>Yours in Christ.
>
>Marty

Larry Hodges
December 24th 04, 07:18 PM
Marty wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Lady Veteran > wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 04:37:29 -0500, "Bob M" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 23 Dec 2004 02:02:01 -0000, Robin Lowry > wrote:
>>>

>>> Oh, that's good. As if most women tell the truth about their
>>> weight.
>>
>> So why should they? It isn't your business.
>
> You have posted your weight, bull dyke.
>
> 5' 6 1/2", 240 pounds.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I love the "bull dyke" title...very fitting for Lady
Heffer!
--
-Larry

joni
December 24th 04, 07:58 PM
Bill wrote:
> I find it ironic that while I look at myself compared to others at
the
> gym, I'm still a bit flabby with still a bit of a belly.

Arent we our own worst critics? ;-) Just strive to be your best.

> Obviously the general population has lost sight of how "fit" really
should look.

Well when over 50% of the population is considered obese these days I
guess anyone slimmer is considered 'fit'.

> Oh well, I plan on enjoying my retirement someday and it won't be
with
> a walker or oxygen if I have any say in it. (g)

Oh I agree! I see women out shopping that are only a few years older
than me with tubes up their noses or using one of those automated carts
to get around in and I think that is one thought that constantly keeps
me going and pushing myself to be fit and healthy.

<<joni>>

*We spend the first 40 years of our life destroying our bodies and the
next 40 years trying to repair them*

Lady Veteran
December 25th 04, 04:45 AM

On 24 Dec 2004 06:19:26 -0000, (Marty) wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Lady Veteran > wrote:
>>
>>On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 04:37:29 -0500, "Bob M"
> wrote:
>>
>>>On 23 Dec 2004 02:02:01 -0000, Robin Lowry >
>>>wrote:
>>>>>>

>>>Oh, that's good. As if most women tell the truth about their
>>>weight.
>>
>>So why should they? It isn't your business.
>
>You have posted your weight, bull dyke.
>
>5' 6 1/2", 240 pounds.

>Yours in Christ.
>
>Marty

In June of 2000, ****face. You idiots sure love old news when it
suits you.

LV

Lady Veteran
- -----------------------------------
"I rode a tank and held a general's rank
when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank..."
- -Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil
- ------------------------------------------------
People who hide behind anonymous remailers and
ridicule fat people are cowardly idiots with no
motive but malice.
"Be who you are and say what
you feel because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."

- --Unknown
- -------------------------------

Lady Veteran
December 25th 04, 04:46 AM

Larry Hodges
December 25th 04, 05:18 AM
Lady Veteran wrote:

> On 24 Dec 2004 06:19:26 -0000, (Marty) wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Lady Veteran > wrote:
>>>
>>> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 04:37:29 -0500, "Bob M"

>>> So why should they? It isn't your business.
>>
>> You have posted your weight, bull dyke.
>>
>> 5' 6 1/2", 240 pounds.

>> Yours in Christ.
>>
>> Marty
>>

> In June of 2000, ****face. You idiots sure love old news when it
> suits you.
>
> LV
>

> Lady Veteran

So...280 now?
--
-Larry

John M. Williams
December 26th 04, 06:41 AM
Usenet Posting > wrote:
> "joni" > wrote:
>>Robin Lowry wrote:
>>> Study: Fit but fat not good enough
>>>Women who were sedentary but slender were 55 percent more >likely to
>>die.
>>
>>This is one fact overlooked by many of my railthin women friends who
>>think they dont have to exercise because they arent overweight. They
>>dont understand that being fit doesnt just mean they can fit into a
>>size 0-2.
>>
>><<joni>>
>
>In my view you can be a fat out-of-shape skinny person.

.... wearing black Magic Marker underwear.

Larry Hodges
December 26th 04, 07:43 AM
Usenet Posting wrote:
> On 24 Dec 2004 11:42:55 -0800, "joni" > wrote:
>

>> Robin Lowry wrote:
>>> Study: Fit but fat not good enough
>>> Women who were sedentary but slender were 55 percent more >likely
>>> to die.
>>
>> This is one fact overlooked by many of my railthin women friends who
>> think they dont have to exercise because they arent overweight. They
>> dont understand that being fit doesnt just mean they can fit into a
>> size 0-2.
>>
>> <<joni>>
>
> In my view you can be a fat out-of-shape skinny person.

My older sister is like that. She works for LA Weightloss, is in her early
50s and is slender. But if you slightly squeeze her arm, it all squishes in
until you feel the bone. There is no lean body mass to speak of. Extremely
high BF %
--
-Larry

Jim
December 26th 04, 09:28 PM
"Usenet Posting" > wrote in message
> On 24 Dec 2004 11:42:55 -0800, "joni" > wrote:
>

>>Robin Lowry wrote:
>>> Study: Fit but fat not good enough
>>>Women who were sedentary but slender were 55 percent more >likely to
>>die.
>>
>>This is one fact overlooked by many of my railthin women friends who
>>think they dont have to exercise because they arent overweight. They
>>dont understand that being fit doesnt just mean they can fit into a
>>size 0-2.
>>
>><<joni>>
>
> In my view you can be a fat out-of-shape skinny person.

Like Jared..some of those Subway commercials are downright hilarious. I
especially liked the one where Jared was walking through the park and this
hot babe said "Looking buff Jared!" He looked anything BUT "buff".
Silly **** man.

Jim