PDA

View Full Version : best routine for ill patient?

Spiderman
December 24th 04, 09:14 AM
Hi,

I suffer from a disease, and my doctor has just cleared me to do a
simple weight routine. This means I can only pick 3 or 4 exercises
for upperbody,... If I can only choose from a these choices, which
should I pick to maximize my efficiency and target the most
muscles?... right now im doing bicep curls, lat pulldown, and shoulder
dumbell press... seems to get most muscles, but im looking a bit
unbalanced and i feel im missing some crucial groups. Can you design
an upperbody routine for me using only 3 or 4 exercises?

thanks,

spidey

Spiderman
December 24th 04, 10:17 AM
>What does your doc mean by simple?

He means something which can build my upperbody muscles but wont be so
intense as to make me relapse my disease... hence 3 or 4 exercises.
it is working so far, im just checking here to improve my routine.

spidey

The Queen of Cans and Jars
December 24th 04, 03:50 PM
Spiderman > wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I suffer from a disease, and my doctor has just cleared me to do a
> simple weight routine. This means I can only pick 3 or 4 exercises
> for upperbody,... If I can only choose from a these choices, which
> should I pick to maximize my efficiency and target the most
> muscles?... right now im doing bicep curls, lat pulldown, and shoulder
> dumbell press... seems to get most muscles, but im looking a bit
> unbalanced and i feel im missing some crucial groups. Can you design
> an upperbody routine for me using only 3 or 4 exercises?

is there any reason why you can't rotate the exercises, doing no more
three or four of them each time you work out?

Spiderman
December 25th 04, 01:50 AM
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:50:23 GMT, (The Queen of
Cans and Jars) wrote:

>Spiderman > wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I suffer from a disease, and my doctor has just cleared me to do a
>> simple weight routine. This means I can only pick 3 or 4 exercises
>> for upperbody,... If I can only choose from a these choices, which
>> should I pick to maximize my efficiency and target the most
>> muscles?... right now im doing bicep curls, lat pulldown, and shoulder
>> dumbell press... seems to get most muscles, but im looking a bit
>> unbalanced and i feel im missing some crucial groups. Can you design
>> an upperbody routine for me using only 3 or 4 exercises?
>
>is there any reason why you can't rotate the exercises, doing no more
>three or four of them each time you work out?

I could do that, but im concerned that if i rotate, my muscles will
never build because im never working the same muscle each week...
( i can only lift twice per week)

The Queen of Cans and Jars
December 25th 04, 02:45 AM
Spiderman > wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:50:23 GMT, (The Queen of
> Cans and Jars) wrote:
>
> >Spiderman > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I suffer from a disease, and my doctor has just cleared me to do a
> >> simple weight routine. This means I can only pick 3 or 4 exercises
> >> for upperbody,... If I can only choose from a these choices, which
> >> should I pick to maximize my efficiency and target the most
> >> muscles?... right now im doing bicep curls, lat pulldown, and shoulder
> >> dumbell press... seems to get most muscles, but im looking a bit
> >> unbalanced and i feel im missing some crucial groups. Can you design
> >> an upperbody routine for me using only 3 or 4 exercises?
> >
> >is there any reason why you can't rotate the exercises, doing no more
> >three or four of them each time you work out?
>
> I could do that, but im concerned that if i rotate, my muscles will
> never build because im never working the same muscle each week...
> ( i can only lift twice per week)

you can do different exercises for the same muscles.

Spiderman
December 25th 04, 07:27 AM
On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 02:45:20 GMT, (The Queen of
Cans and Jars) wrote:

>Spiderman > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:50:23 GMT, (The Queen of
>> Cans and Jars) wrote:

>> >is there any reason why you can't rotate the exercises, doing no more
>> >three or four of them each time you work out?
>>
>> I could do that, but im concerned that if i rotate, my muscles will
>> never build because im never working the same muscle each week...
>> ( i can only lift twice per week)
>
>you can do different exercises for the same muscles.

Ok, sure... is there a reason to change exercises if youre working the
same muscles? Why the difference?

The Queen of Cans and Jars
December 25th 04, 04:07 PM
Spiderman > wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 02:45:20 GMT, (The Queen of
> Cans and Jars) wrote:
>
> >Spiderman > wrote:

> >> I could do that, but im concerned that if i rotate, my muscles will
> >> never build because im never working the same muscle each week...
> >> ( i can only lift twice per week)
> >
> >you can do different exercises for the same muscles.
>

> Ok, sure... is there a reason to change exercises if youre working the
> same muscles? Why the difference?

i switch things up so i don't get bored. and i think (whether it's true
or not, i can't say - i'm sure someone will correct me if they think i'm
full of ****) that it's a better workout. rather than working the same
muscle in the same way over and over and over again, i work the same
muscles in a slightly different way and the result is that i feel like i
get a balanced, overall sort of fitness from it rather than just seeing
one specific muscle grow.