PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss

January 22nd 05, 03:29 AM
Hi Everyone...
I am writing this message with a hope that i may get some woderfull and
effective advice frm some really fitness freak guys an gals...
I am 5.4 inch tall and weigh 65 kgs...making it obvious that i must
looses atleast 10 kgs..and i wanna do ASAP

At present i started with
Exercise..including strteches, weights...
Diet control...replacing starchy, fatty, carb, calorie diet
with..protein, minerals and vitamins

Can somebody guide me as to what all kinda exercise are effective and
what more can i do in my diet plan to loose my desired weight.
My schedule is very hectic so i cant become member of some weight loss
program or go to gym either...

So if u can guide me with effective actions i can take at home and get
effective results...

Look fwd for ur reply...

Thank u
Mukti

Bob MacWilliam
January 22nd 05, 04:59 PM
Eating (dieting) is the key to weight loss, plain and simple. Exercise is
good for many reasons, but is not the primary weight loss tool.

My $0.02 would be to use fitday.com to get an idea of what your maintenance
eating looks like. Then adjust to make sure you have adequate protein and a
moderate calorie deficit (usually by reducing carbs). Exercise to help with
the deficit and to keep you strong and healthy and to maintain lean body
mass as much as possible.

Realize and be prepared that you will be hungry sometimes - but too bad,
not much you can do. Thus is the nature of a calorie deficit. Have a cheat
(high carb day) on a weekly basis for now and STICK WITH IT.

HTH,
Bob

ups.com...