PDA

View Full Version : Re: recovery time after 3 week layoff

Top Sirloin
September 3rd 03, 07:00 PM
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:36:22 -0500, "Dave H" > wrote:

>I actually like taking a week off so I get more intense DOMS when I start
>back up. That's not weird, is it?

Sounds like a problem you need to discuss with the misses.

Just kidding. :-)

DOMS is kinda fun except for adductor DOMS. Ouch ****ing ouch.

--
Scott Johnson
"Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are

Dave H
September 3rd 03, 07:36 PM
"Top Sirloin" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 14:43:20 GMT, "T.R.H." > wrote:
>
> >Trouble is, its now wednesday and I'm still sore as hell, thinking
perhaps I
> >over did it. Should I give it another day of rest and just go the 2
workouts
> >this week, or should I ignore the soreness and hit them again tonight?
>
> You're only sore because you had a layoff. Stick with your plan and you
may have
> some DOMS on Friday from today's workout but you'll be golden after that.

I actually like taking a week off so I get more intense DOMS when I start
back up. That's not weird, is it?

dave h

hardworkin
September 3rd 03, 07:48 PM
"T.R.H." > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I took a bit of a break from my free weights whilst on holidays, and got
> started again this monday, almost starting from where I left off in the 3rd
> week of my hst routine. I dropped about 25 lbs from the barbell to warm up
> and then went up another 15 so I was only a few pounds shy of where I left
> off.
>
> Trouble is, its now wednesday and I'm still sore as hell, thinking perhaps I
> over did it. Should I give it another day of rest and just go the 2 workouts
> this week, or should I ignore the soreness and hit them again tonight?

I tried to post a response, but the server crapped out and I think it
got lost. So I'm sorry if this essentially shows up twice.

This happened to me this week. After over a week off, I went back to
the same weights I'd been using, and got more sore than usual. My
decision was to back off somewhat the following workout, and I think
it's helping my recovery. I didn't want to miss another workout after
the time off.

Willem
September 3rd 03, 07:49 PM
Dave H wrote:

> I actually like taking a week off so I get more intense DOMS when I
> start back up. That's not weird, is it?

www.hypertrophy-specific.com is even based on your idea (and then some)

T.R.H.
September 4th 03, 07:40 PM
"Top Sirloin" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 14:43:20 GMT, "T.R.H." > wrote:
>
> >Trouble is, its now wednesday and I'm still sore as hell, thinking
perhaps I
> >over did it. Should I give it another day of rest and just go the 2
workouts
> >this week, or should I ignore the soreness and hit them again tonight?
>
> You're only sore because you had a layoff. Stick with your plan and you
may have
> some DOMS on Friday from today's workout but you'll be golden after that.
>

> --
> Scott Johnson
> "Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are
> why they only open the top half of caskets." -Tommy Bowen

I was thinking more along the lines of that since they are(were) still very
sore that they hadn't "recovered" yet and putting them through another
strenuous workout would be counter-productive as far as hypertrophy goes...