PDA

View Full Version : Non-Circuit Routine, muscle groups

ZTUN
February 5th 05, 03:23 PM
I am switching from a circuit workout to the following:

Day 1 Chest / Abs

Day 2 Back/Lats

Day 3 Shoulders / Abs

Day 4 Bi / Tris

(Rest)

When should i work legs into the program. And any suggestions on the
combination of excersises

thanks!

-Matt

Proton Soup
February 5th 05, 05:24 PM
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 10:23:39 -0500, "ZTUN" > wrote:

>I am switching from a circuit workout to the following:
>
>Day 1 Chest / Abs
>
>Day 2 Back/Lats
>
>Day 3 Shoulders / Abs
>
>Day 4 Bi / Tris
>
>(Rest)
>

>When should i work legs into the program. And any suggestions on the
>combination of excersises

Thursday.

>thanks!

You're welcome.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Thanks for noticing that I didn't actually say anything." - Mike Lane

spodosaurus
February 5th 05, 05:46 PM
ZTUN wrote:
> I am switching from a circuit workout to the following:
>
> Day 1 Chest / Abs
>
> Day 2 Back/Lats
>
> Day 3 Shoulders / Abs
>
> Day 4 Bi / Tris
>
> (Rest)
>

> When should i work legs into the program. And any suggestions on the
> combination of excersises
>

> thanks!
>

> -Matt

so you're working your shoulders 3 out of 4 days (4 out of 4 depending
on the choice of direct arm movements), and your elbows 4 out of 4 days.
I hope you're not using any real intensity...

Cheers,

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

Titan1969
February 6th 05, 04:10 AM
Legs should be on Monday...they use the greatest amount of energy.
Having the weekend to rest and recup should give you enough energy for
hard workouts on monday. Never do them the day after back...your lower
back needs to be strong for squats.

Tony Kehl
Developing Fitness Programs for Individuals

www.simplefitness.biz

bellfit
February 7th 05, 07:12 AM
A good 5-day routine would be:
Day 1 legs
Day 2 chest + triceps
Day 3 back + biceps
Day 4 shoulders + abs
Day 5 rest

You should work legs in a separate day, after the rest day.
Avoid working the same muscle 2 days in a row. For example, almost all
chest exercises stress triceps - don't work triceps on the next day
after the Chest day. That's why most people combine chest and triceps
exercises in one day. The same about back and biceps.

You can check what exactly muscles are worked by an exercise at:
http://www.gymgoal.com/exs.jsp

Adam Fahy
February 7th 05, 05:57 PM
bellfit wrote:
> A good 5-day routine would be:
> Day 1 legs
> Day 2 chest + triceps
> Day 3 back + biceps
> Day 4 shoulders + abs
> Day 5 rest

If we're sticking to 5-day cycles I'd prefer something along the lines of:

1: Chest/shoulders/triceps
2: off
3: Legs/abs
4: Back/biceps
5: off

-Adam

bellfit
February 7th 05, 10:37 PM
This is what I'm doing myself, but the guy wants to work out 4 days in
a row, as I understand his question.

ZTUN
February 7th 05, 10:46 PM
I don't specifically need 4 days in a row.. just don't want a 5-6 day
workout rountine... a day or two of rest in the work out is fine... so the :

1: Chest/shoulders/triceps
2: off
3: Legs/abs
4: Back/biceps
5: off

as long as i make sure i get a day of rest b4 the legs is what your
stressing..

Thanks for all info...

oups.com...