PDA

View Full Version : Keith + other lifters - shirt help

Aaron
September 13th 03, 09:20 AM
Typing one handed (no, not watching porn)

Contemplating grabbibg a new bench shirt b4 my nationals and l.ooking at
ehphd duty due to speed of delivery. have you used a blast vs ehphd? just
wondering the difference in groove and whether they suit a low vs high chest
benching?
i bench lightly moderate widt and slightly lower on the chest/upper abs.

I hit 190kg in my (loose) blast, and 200 (damn spotter grabbed it so i dont
really know, it was after my sticking point tho) and just missed 202.5 so a
ehphd should help. :)

Also did a 180kg GM and a 180kg box squat which I am more proud of as my
back didnt hurt one iota :)

Aaron

Will
September 13th 03, 10:54 AM
In article >,
"Aaron" <hunt354 at hotmail dot com> wrote:

> Typing one handed (no, not watching porn)
>
> Contemplating grabbibg a new bench shirt b4 my nationals and l.ooking at
> ehphd duty due to speed of delivery. have you used a blast vs ehphd? just
> wondering the difference in groove and whether they suit a low vs high chest
> benching?
> i bench lightly moderate widt and slightly lower on the chest/upper abs.
>
> I hit 190kg in my (loose) blast, and 200 (damn spotter grabbed it so i dont
> really know, it was after my sticking point tho) and just missed 202.5 so a
> ehphd should help. :)
>
> Also did a 180kg GM and a 180kg box squat which I am more proud of as my
> back didnt hurt one iota :)
>
> Aaron

I have used both a blast and an EHPHD. And now thanks to Keith and
Jason, I've used a Fury and a double denim too.

The EHPHD does have a different groove than the Blast, but not radically
so. Get in 2-3 workouts and you should adjust fine. I've been told the
best way to use the EHPHD is not to let it dictate your groove, with
enough weight it will go down where you want it to. I bench with the
maximum legal width and usually touch just below the nipples, the EHPHD
"wanted" me touching lower than that though.

But if you can find a Fury, used even, go for that. I used Keith's
Fury, which is a little loose, to match my gym PR of 350 with no trouble
whatsoever. With much less discomfort and worrying about touching than
in the EHPHD. In retrospect I wish I'd given it a shot with 365 and
maybe even more too. Instead I switched to Jason's double denim just
for fun. 365 was no where near touching but went up easy, 405 didn't
quite touch and was too much for me.

Aaron
September 13th 03, 11:12 AM
"Will" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Aaron" <hunt354 at hotmail dot com> wrote:
>
> > Typing one handed (no, not watching porn)
> >
> > Contemplating grabbibg a new bench shirt b4 my nationals and l.ooking at
> > ehphd duty due to speed of delivery. have you used a blast vs ehphd?
just
> > wondering the difference in groove and whether they suit a low vs high
chest
> > benching?
> > i bench lightly moderate widt and slightly lower on the chest/upper
abs.

> > I hit 190kg in my (loose) blast, and 200 (damn spotter grabbed it so i
dont
> > really know, it was after my sticking point tho) and just missed 202.5
so a
> > ehphd should help. :)
> >
> > Also did a 180kg GM and a 180kg box squat which I am more proud of as my
> > back didnt hurt one iota :)
> >
> > Aaron
> >

> I have used both a blast and an EHPHD. And now thanks to Keith and
> Jason, I've used a Fury and a double denim too.
>
> The EHPHD does have a different groove than the Blast, but not radically
> so. Get in 2-3 workouts and you should adjust fine. I've been told the
> best way to use the EHPHD is not to let it dictate your groove, with
> enough weight it will go down where you want it to. I bench with the
> maximum legal width and usually touch just below the nipples, the EHPHD
> "wanted" me touching lower than that though.
>
> But if you can find a Fury, used even, go for that. I used Keith's
> Fury, which is a little loose, to match my gym PR of 350 with no trouble
> whatsoever. With much less discomfort and worrying about touching than
> in the EHPHD. In retrospect I wish I'd given it a shot with 365 and
> maybe even more too. Instead I switched to Jason's double denim just
> for fun. 365 was no where near touching but went up easy, 405 didn't
> quite touch and was too much for me.

Havent got a chance with the fury. Just got some spare cash ability and a
fury is >8 weeks out from aussie sources and >3months out from the titan
site. Screw that. I can get an EHPHD in 10days from aussie which will
allow me about 3-4 sessions in it. Which is well and truely enough. My raw
style basically mimics my blast style perfectly.

Cheers

Aaron