PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good exercise for this...

Mike
September 16th 03, 09:53 PM
Im not sure what exercise to do for this.

If you are standing up with your arms at your side.
Now pinch your shoulder blades together.
Whats a good exercise that mimics this movement?

I've tried it while doing cable rows, with my arms straight at the
cable row station also, but it doesnt feel the same.

Once you raise your arms up, the movement seems to be a bit different.

Any ideas?

Thank you

NAVYCHIEFCHUCK
September 16th 03, 11:26 PM
>Subject: Whats a good exercise for this...
>From: (Mike)
>Date: 9/16/2003 3:53 PM Central Daylight Time
>
>Im not sure what exercise to do for this.
>
>If you are standing up with your arms at your side.
>Now pinch your shoulder blades together.
>Whats a good exercise that mimics this movement?
>
>I've tried it while doing cable rows, with my arms straight at the
>cable row station also, but it doesnt feel the same.
>
>Once you raise your arms up, the movement seems to be a bit different.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thank you

Some gyms have a seated fly machine. This can also be used to work the area I
think you are referring to (rhomboids). You sit at the machine but face the pad
(chest against pad), adjust the handlea all the way back (or forward) -
shoulder level, and extend your arms back like a backwards fly motion.....
Chief

Kurt
September 17th 03, 01:24 AM
Try the Barbell Shrug.

"Mike" > wrote in message
om...
> Im not sure what exercise to do for this.
>
> If you are standing up with your arms at your side.
> Now pinch your shoulder blades together.
> Whats a good exercise that mimics this movement?
>
> I've tried it while doing cable rows, with my arms straight at the
> cable row station also, but it doesnt feel the same.
>
> Once you raise your arms up, the movement seems to be a bit different.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you

Jay
September 17th 03, 05:01 AM
shrug with full range. chins or pulldowns going from shoulders touching
ears, initiate downward move first without bending elbows. rows with full
stretch. reverse flys.

"Mike" > wrote in message
om...
> Im not sure what exercise to do for this.
>
> If you are standing up with your arms at your side.
> Now pinch your shoulder blades together.
> Whats a good exercise that mimics this movement?
>
> I've tried it while doing cable rows, with my arms straight at the
> cable row station also, but it doesnt feel the same.
>
> Once you raise your arms up, the movement seems to be a bit different.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you

spodosaurus
September 17th 03, 10:24 AM
Mike wrote:
> Im not sure what exercise to do for this.
>
> If you are standing up with your arms at your side.
> Now pinch your shoulder blades together.
> Whats a good exercise that mimics this movement?
>
> I've tried it while doing cable rows, with my arms straight at the
> cable row station also, but it doesnt feel the same.
>
> Once you raise your arms up, the movement seems to be a bit different.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you

low incline dumbbell shrugs perhaps?

--

Are you registered as a bone marrow donor? You regenerate what you
donate. You are offered the chance to donate only if you match a person

spam trap: replace shyah_right! with hotmail when replying

Mike
September 17th 03, 07:03 PM
Hi everyone.

Thank you for all the replies.
The thing is, I've tried bent over shrugs, reverse flyes, etc...
but once I extend my arms in front of my body, the movement seems
different.

Try to touch your shoulder blades, now extend your arms in front and
try it, and then try the reverse flye motion...in my opinion it doesnt
feel the same.

Thank you

PatrickFalcon31
September 17th 03, 09:08 PM
>Subject: Re: Whats a good exercise for this...
>From: (Mike)
>Date: 9/17/03 1:03 PM Central Daylight Time
>
>Hi everyone.
>
>Thank you for all the replies.
>The thing is, I've tried bent over shrugs, reverse flyes, etc...
>but once I extend my arms in front of my body, the movement seems
>different.
>
>Try to touch your shoulder blades, now extend your arms in front and
>try it, and then try the reverse flye motion...in my opinion it doesnt
>feel the same.

Maybe it isn't. But why do you want to mimic this movement in the first place?
What is your goal?

Patrick Falcon