PDA

View Full Version : opinions? Bowflex vs. BodyByJake Total fitness trainer vs. others?

Eric Reichenbach
September 23rd 03, 06:26 PM
Hello everyone,
I found your group today and would like to ask the opinion of anyone
here who has used any of the various "complete home fitness" units like
Bowflex or the new one by Body By Jake (which I just saw a commercial
for.) It is the Total fitness trainer for $200. They claim 15 minutes
per day and 3 ties a week will give noticeable results. Anyone here
tried this one? Are there any other similar all-in-one unts that I
should consider? The complete trainer for a low cost of course appeals
to me. I don't see myself spending $1000 for the Bowflex.

Any and all comments appreciated!

THANK YOU!!

Eric

SJ
September 23rd 03, 06:53 PM
Eric Reichenbach wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I found your group today and would like to ask the opinion of anyone
> here who has used any of the various "complete home fitness" units like
> Bowflex or the new one by Body By Jake (which I just saw a commercial
> for.)

Google is your friend.

> Any and all comments appreciated!

You say that now...

> THANK YOU!!

Yeah, whatever, no problem!!!

> Eric

Lee Michaels
September 23rd 03, 06:54 PM
"Eric Reichenbach" > wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
> I found your group today and would like to ask the opinion of anyone
> here who has used any of the various "complete home fitness" units like
> Bowflex or the new one by Body By Jake (which I just saw a commercial
> for.) It is the Total fitness trainer for $200. They claim 15 minutes
> per day and 3 ties a week will give noticeable results. Anyone here
> tried this one? Are there any other similar all-in-one unts that I
> should consider? The complete trainer for a low cost of course appeals
> to me. I don't see myself spending $1000 for the Bowflex.
>
> Any and all comments appreciated!
>
> THANK YOU!!
>
> Eric

Do a google search. Most of the folks here think these units are way
overpriced and not that effective.

This is a weight newsgroup. Don't expect kind remarks on over priced,
overhyped, crapola so called home gyms.

Jason Burnell
September 23rd 03, 07:20 PM
Eric Reichenbach wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I found your group today and would like to ask the opinion of anyone
> here who has used any of the various "complete home fitness" units like
> Bowflex or the new one by Body By Jake (which I just saw a commercial
> for.) It is the Total fitness trainer for $200. They claim 15 minutes
> per day and 3 ties a week will give noticeable results. Anyone here
> tried this one? Are there any other similar all-in-one unts that I
> should consider? The complete trainer for a low cost of course appeals
> to me. I don't see myself spending $1000 for the Bowflex.
>
> Any and all comments appreciated!
>
> THANK YOU!!
>
> Eric

My sister-in-law has owned both a body by Jake machine ( I think it was
called the firmflex then) and a Bowflex. While I've seen no indictation
that either of them has made any difference in her muscularity, strength
or generally looking like she's in shape, the body by Jake thing was
rapidly moved to a corner and became a clothes hanging system. The last
time I saw it, it was buried under a bunch of hangers and blouses.. and
possibly some scarves and belts.

The last time I was at her place the Bowflex was uncovered and wasn't at
all dusty. It looked as though it might have been used. So, even though
she didn't get her "buff on" she has been more inclined to use it... or
at least to dust it so it looks like it's being used.

The Body by Jake thing wasn't a topic of conversation for very long
(other than my laughter and jokes when I'd walk in and see it covered in
crap). She has, however, from time to time mentioned the Bowflex and how
much better "toned" it has made her and how her hamstrings have really
come up...

Tone, apparently, isn't something I can see. Maybe if I had compound
eyes like a bee....

Or maybe tone is like radiation. It's all around us... we just can't see
it. I think dogs can hear it though... before earthquakes. That's why
they bark.

So... Bowflex by a landslide! (of clothing)

--
Jason Burnell

http://www.deepsquatter.com

Kurt
September 23rd 03, 08:00 PM
Your best bet would be get a simple olympic barbell set and dumbell handles
for a price of $150 or so and you got yourself the best gym equipment
around.

And also you won't have to deal with an expensive clothes rack.