PDA

View Full Version : OT - Weather SUCKS ~

gman99
May 24th 05, 02:29 PM
I mean...when I have to contemplate travelling to Winterpeg to get
warm....ARGHHHHHHHHH...I swear I saw animals pairing up walking towards
a big ship yesterday !

joanne
May 24th 05, 04:26 PM
gman99 wrote:
> I mean...when I have to contemplate travelling to Winterpeg
> to get warm....ARGHHHHHHHHH...I swear I saw animals pairing
> up walking towards a big ship yesterday !

I used to live in Vancouver, Canada and never thought I would miss the
dismal rain (continuous for days) but I do. Now that I'm in South Lake
Tahoe, California, its sunny & warm with about a high of 76F today(yeah
the snow finally melted!) and just an hours drive away in Reno, Nevada
its already hot summer weather with a high of 86F today! Ugh its so dry
here, I wish I could trade places ...

joanne

Dr_Dickie
May 24th 05, 04:51 PM
"joanne" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> gman99 wrote:
> > I mean...when I have to contemplate travelling to Winterpeg
> > to get warm....ARGHHHHHHHHH...I swear I saw animals pairing
> > up walking towards a big ship yesterday !
>

> I used to live in Vancouver, Canada and never thought I would miss the
> dismal rain (continuous for days) but I do. Now that I'm in South Lake
> Tahoe, California, its sunny & warm with about a high of 76F today(yeah
> the snow finally melted!) and just an hours drive away in Reno, Nevada
> its already hot summer weather with a high of 86F today! Ugh its so dry
> here, I wish I could trade places ...
>
> joanne

Come to Florida. High today 90's, and when the humidty drops below 95%, the
stores run out of chapstix.

--
Dr. Dickie
Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438

Larry Hodges
May 24th 05, 05:28 PM
gman99 wrote:
> I mean...when I have to contemplate travelling to Winterpeg to get
> warm....ARGHHHHHHHHH...I swear I saw animals pairing up walking
> towards a big ship yesterday !

I live in western Oregon, and it's rained here for three months straight.
As of three days ago, we were 245% of average rainfall for the entire month
of May. March and April sucked ass too. I hate living in Oregon. Why
anyone would move here on purpose is beyond me.
--
-Larry

gman99
May 24th 05, 07:39 PM
Larry Hodges wrote:
> gman99 wrote:
> > I mean...when I have to contemplate travelling to Winterpeg to get
> > warm....ARGHHHHHHHHH...I swear I saw animals pairing up walking
> > towards a big ship yesterday !
>
> I live in western Oregon, and it's rained here for three months
straight.
> As of three days ago, we were 245% of average rainfall for the entire
month
> of May. March and April sucked ass too. I hate living in Oregon.
Why
> anyone would move here on purpose is beyond me.
> --
> -Larry

We got that in three days (over 100 mm = 4 inches)...no sun in the
forecast. We haven't had a clear weekend forever it seems. Oh...and
it's COLD...5 C....I should be over cabin fever by now...should have
several rounds of golf in by now...none as of yet !!

John Hanson
May 24th 05, 08:24 PM
On Tue, 24 May 2005 09:28:13 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>gman99 wrote:
>> I mean...when I have to contemplate travelling to Winterpeg to get
>> warm....ARGHHHHHHHHH...I swear I saw animals pairing up walking
>> towards a big ship yesterday !
>
>I live in western Oregon, and it's rained here for three months straight.
>As of three days ago, we were 245% of average rainfall for the entire month
>of May. March and April sucked ass too. I hate living in Oregon. Why
>anyone would move here on purpose is beyond me.

It had rained nearly every day of May here. I believe it's been dry
since Friday though and today it's just beautiful out. It was 110
every day in Palm Springs. It's true what they say about the dry
heat.

Larry Hodges
May 24th 05, 09:51 PM
John Hanson wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2005 09:28:13 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>> gman99 wrote:
>>> I mean...when I have to contemplate travelling to Winterpeg to get
>>> warm....ARGHHHHHHHHH...I swear I saw animals pairing up walking
>>> towards a big ship yesterday !
>>
>> I live in western Oregon, and it's rained here for three months
>> straight. As of three days ago, we were 245% of average rainfall for
>> the entire month of May. March and April sucked ass too. I hate
>> living in Oregon. Why anyone would move here on purpose is beyond
>> me.
>
> It had rained nearly every day of May here. I believe it's been dry
> since Friday though and today it's just beautiful out. It was 110
> every day in Palm Springs. It's true what they say about the dry
> heat.

My folks wintered in PS for 20 years. I usually went down for a week each
year. I could live there. Sure it's too hot for three months a year and
you have to stay indoors. But here, I'm stuck indoors for nine months just
so I can enjoy three months of good weather.
--
-Larry

gman99
May 24th 05, 10:08 PM
Larry Hodges wrote:
> gman99 wrote:
> > I mean...when I have to contemplate travelling to Winterpeg to get
> > warm....ARGHHHHHHHHH...I swear I saw animals pairing up walking
> > towards a big ship yesterday !
>
> I live in western Oregon, and it's rained here for three months straight.
> As of three days ago, we were 245% of average rainfall for the entire month
> of May. March and April sucked ass too. I hate living in Oregon. Why
> anyone would move here on purpose is beyond me.
> --
> -Larry

We're up to a little over 300% of normal...with 1 week of rain to come
(it's in the forecast !)

~me~
May 25th 05, 02:35 AM
On Tue, 24 May 2005 13:51:58 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote:

>My folks wintered in PS for 20 years. I usually went down for a week each
>year. I could live there. Sure it's too hot for three months a year and
>you have to stay indoors. But here, I'm stuck indoors for nine months just
>so I can enjoy three months of good weather.

Living anywhere else would be better for you then, eh? :-)

~Jaime~
"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it."

Larry Hodges
May 25th 05, 03:49 AM
~me~ wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2005 13:51:58 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> > wrote:
>

>> My folks wintered in PS for 20 years. I usually went down for a
>> week each year. I could live there. Sure it's too hot for three
>> months a year and you have to stay indoors. But here, I'm stuck
>> indoors for nine months just so I can enjoy three months of good
>> weather.
>
> Living anywhere else would be better for you then, eh? :-)

I would love to live in an arid climate. The desert has a beauty all to
it's own. Many people just see dry. I see beauty. Evenings are so nice in
places like that too.

But...my kids are here, and so is the ex. So the prospect of moving isn't
an option.
--
-Larry

David Cohen
May 25th 05, 04:32 AM
"Larry Hodges" > wrote
> ~me~ wrote:
>> "Larry Hodges" > wrote:
>>> My folks wintered in PS for 20 years. I usually went down for a
>>> week each year. I could live there. Sure it's too hot for three
>>> months a year and you have to stay indoors. But here, I'm stuck
>>> indoors for nine months just so I can enjoy three months of good
>>> weather.
>>
>> Living anywhere else would be better for you then, eh? :-)
>
> I would love to live in an arid climate. The desert has a beauty all to
> it's own. Many people just see dry. I see beauty. Evenings are so nice
> in places like that too.

Marry me, Larry!

David

Larry Hodges
May 25th 05, 07:11 AM
David Cohen wrote:
> "Larry Hodges" > wrote
>> ~me~ wrote:
>>>
>>> Living anywhere else would be better for you then, eh? :-)
>>
>> I would love to live in an arid climate. The desert has a beauty
>> all to it's own. Many people just see dry. I see beauty. Evenings
>> are so nice in places like that too.
>
> Marry me, Larry!
>
> David

That was kind of metro sexual wasn't it? I'll try to watch it in the
future. Besides, you're not my type...you still have all your teeth!
--
-Larry

JMW
May 25th 05, 07:24 AM
"Larry Hodges" > wrote:
>David Cohen wrote:

>>> I would love to live in an arid climate. The desert has a beauty
>>> all to it's own. Many people just see dry. I see beauty. Evenings
>>> are so nice in places like that too.
>>
>> Marry me, Larry!
>
>That was kind of metro sexual wasn't it? I'll try to watch it in the
>future. Besides, you're not my type...you still have all your teeth!

He's also Jewish. G*d told them to go live in the desert.
--

JMW
http://www.rustyiron.net

Fraser Johnston
May 25th 05, 07:50 AM
"gman99" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I mean...when I have to contemplate travelling to Winterpeg to get
> warm....ARGHHHHHHHHH...I swear I saw animals pairing up walking towards
> a big ship yesterday !

Fine and 23C in Perth, Western Australia. Even when it rains here I like it
because it's a nice change from one perfect day after another.

Fraser

David Cohen
May 25th 05, 07:55 AM
"JMW" > wrote
> "Larry Hodges" > wrote:
>>David Cohen wrote:
>>> "Larry Hodges" > wrote

>>> Marry me, Larry!
>>
>>That was kind of metro sexual wasn't it? I'll try to watch it in the
>>future. Besides, you're not my type...you still have all your teeth!
>
> He's also Jewish. G*d told them to go live in the desert.

Thirteen more years of this ****ING! wandering in the desert, and I can
settle down.

David

~me~
May 25th 05, 08:47 AM
On Wed, 25 May 2005 03:32:58 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>"Larry Hodges" > wrote
>> ~me~ wrote:
>>>
>>> Living anywhere else would be better for you then, eh? :-)
>>
>> I would love to live in an arid climate. The desert has a beauty all to
>> it's own. Many people just see dry. I see beauty. Evenings are so nice
>> in places like that too.
>
>Marry me, Larry!

And people are talking about *me* getting attached. LMAO!!!

>David

~me~
May 25th 05, 08:49 AM
On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:49:37 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote:

>>I would love to live in an arid climate. The desert has a beauty all to
>it's own. Many people just see dry. I see beauty. Evenings are so nice in
>places like that too.

Never having ever been in an arid climate I have no frame of reference
but I am sure it is very nice and several photographic opportunities
could be found. :-)

>But...my kids are here, and so is the ex. So the prospect of moving isn't
>an option.

Maybe in your next life. :-)

Charles
May 25th 05, 08:50 AM
On Tue, 24 May 2005 21:35:32 -0400, ~me~ > wrote:

>On Tue, 24 May 2005 13:51:58 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote:
>

>>My folks wintered in PS for 20 years. I usually went down for a week each
>>year. I could live there. Sure it's too hot for three months a year and
>>you have to stay indoors. But here, I'm stuck indoors for nine months just
>>so I can enjoy three months of good weather.
>
>Living anywhere else would be better for you then, eh? :-)

When you are in love the weather matters not a jot.

You live only for the tinkle of the 'phone ringing, the intoxication
of her perfume, the thrill of her voice, the sight of her divine form,
a snatch of a shared favourite tune.... aaahhh love conquers
all..........

Send it down Jesus, us lovers don't give a ****!! ;o)

Charles
May 25th 05, 09:31 AM
On Wed, 25 May 2005 03:32:58 GMT, "David Cohen"
> wrote:

>"Larry Hodges" > wrote
>> ~me~ wrote:
>>>
>>> Living anywhere else would be better for you then, eh? :-)
>>
>> I would love to live in an arid climate. The desert has a beauty all to
>> it's own. Many people just see dry. I see beauty. Evenings are so nice
>> in places like that too.
>
>Marry me, Larry!

The natural successors to the "Odd Couple"? ;o)

John Hanson
May 25th 05, 12:31 PM
On Tue, 24 May 2005 13:51:58 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>John Hanson wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 May 2005 09:28:13 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
>> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>>> I live in western Oregon, and it's rained here for three months
>>> straight. As of three days ago, we were 245% of average rainfall for
>>> the entire month of May. March and April sucked ass too. I hate
>>> living in Oregon. Why anyone would move here on purpose is beyond
>>> me.
>>
>> It had rained nearly every day of May here. I believe it's been dry
>> since Friday though and today it's just beautiful out. It was 110
>> every day in Palm Springs. It's true what they say about the dry
>> heat.
>
>My folks wintered in PS for 20 years. I usually went down for a week each
>year. I could live there. Sure it's too hot for three months a year and
>you have to stay indoors. But here, I'm stuck indoors for nine months just
>so I can enjoy three months of good weather.

I'll take 110 and dry over 90 and humid any day.

gman99
May 25th 05, 02:42 PM
> Fine and 23C in Perth, Western Australia. Even when it rains here I like it
> because it's a nice change from one perfect day after another.

Lovely...your winter is better my summer !!

Larry Hodges
May 25th 05, 05:06 PM
John Hanson wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2005 13:51:58 -0700, "Larry Hodges"
> > wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>> John Hanson wrote:
>>> On Tue, 24 May 2005 09:28:13 -0700, "Larry Hodges"

>>> It had rained nearly every day of May here. I believe it's been dry
>>> since Friday though and today it's just beautiful out. It was 110
>>> every day in Palm Springs. It's true what they say about the dry
>>> heat.
>>
>> My folks wintered in PS for 20 years. I usually went down for a
>> week each year. I could live there. Sure it's too hot for three
>> months a year and you have to stay indoors. But here, I'm stuck
>> indoors for nine months just so I can enjoy three months of good
>> weather.
>
> I'll take 110 and dry over 90 and humid any day.

yup.
--
-Larry